ADVERTISEMENT

LWE Vs GBW 31-7 East final

GBW QB is very good. Run and pass. Very elusive.

26 degrees in Frankfort slight flurries windy feels like 12 degrees. Welcome to Illinois football in November! I will try to up thread as I can . Tough to post while my fingers are frozen. 🤣
Guys I apologize if my text are not right
My hands are freezing. GBW is a good team and definitely are deserving to be playing in this semifinal game. 77 is a monster playing both ways for GW.

Thank you Newt! Too fnnnnn cold to text. Great cold weather game that saw a little bit of everything. Congrats to GBW who just lost momentum after halftime. Having them warmup in the field house of LWE was a good strategy keeping the Griffins on the field. What a defensive effort by both teams.

Reactions: corey90
Thank you Newt! Too fnnnnn cold to text. Great cold weather game that saw a little bit of everything. Congrats to GBW who just lost momentum after halftime. Having them warmup in the field house of LWE was a good strategy keeping the Griffins on the field. What a defensive effort by both teams.
Totally agree. Congratulations to an excellent GBW team. My take East made GBW pass by stuffing the run. Let me be clear they did not shut their run down but they we’re making GW work hard. East started slow and GW was stuffing East run game. This forced East to pass the ball, this opened up East running game. East imposed their will in the 2nd half and GW just couldn’t respond. Ultimately East wore GW defense down. 77 playing both ways looked tired in 2nd half. He is a great player! I was very impressed with GBW. Great team and program. East is on a mission.
It’s going to be a great game against Loyola in the final!

Last edited:
Finally had a chance to warmup. This was a hard fought game on both sides and a testament to the athletes who participated. The scene at the end of the game after GBW was intercepted by the LWE dB in the end zone is memorable. Numerous GBW players were kneeling on the field digesting the end of their season and the same number of LWE players were consoling and some kneeling next to them. Sportsmanship on display for two great IHSA programs. GBW and LWE should be proud of these young men. Hopefully there are pictures out there.

Finally had a chance to warmup. This was a hard fought game on both sides and a testament to the athletes who participated. The scene at the end of the game after GBW was intercepted by the LWE dB in the end zone is memorable. Numerous GBW players were kneeling on the field digesting the end of their season and the same number of LWE players were consoling and some kneeling next to them. Sportsmanship on display for two great IHSA programs. GBW and LWE should be proud of these young men. Hopefully there are pictures out there.
WIU78
I missed that, I could tell GBW was a totally class. It was a hard fault game that in the beginning I thought this could go either way.
East has a resolve that makes this team special this year.

Did not get pictures but also saw that. Both teams played a good game and one of the classiest teams we have played this year. They didn’t take cheap shots even when down. East is like my sons 8th grade baseball team that year they went undefeated. They would jump out to an early lead and just stomp you or they would hang tight and pull away when they flipped the switch. If they had to come from behind they did it didn’t matter they never thought they would or could lose and just went out and won by one or ten it was in the bag. That’s the Beast this year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT