ADVERTISEMENT

LWE vs Edwardsville

Here is my comparison of 2005 East vs 2018 East:

Secondary- Edge to 2005
D-line- Edge to 2005 (slight)
Linebackers- Draw (due to 2018 speed)
O-line- 2018 (despite Gettis in 2005)
Running backs - 2018 (more loaded )
QB- 2005 (Kropp was the most intelligent QB in HS I ever saw)
Receivers- Slight edge 2005 (Johnston never dropped a frickin' pass)

Depth- 2018 by far

Of course, 2005 won state, 2018 TBD. Unless East wins state, comparison will go out the window (for me)
Hank Johnston was an awesome WR - he was a absolute stud no doubt .... but there is one pass I bet he wishes he could have back - with about 10 to play in the 4Q of the Maine South game, he was wide open and Kropp laid one in perfectly at about the MS 25 - he would have been off to the races and that would have been the nail in the coffin - it woulda been LWE up by 21......Maine South then roars back for 14 points to force OT - i only mention a HS players drop since it was 13 years ago and we still won the game in OT - but Hank was great

13 carries when averaging 14 ypc is a start to why they didn't get out of the 1st Rd. You're sounding extremely stupid right now. The kid isn't committed to South Dakota State.

KAR will do nothing. I'll come back to this thread once the game is over to rub your face in it.

So angry! I'm "extremely" stupid for thinking KAR is better than Pringle? It is correct that he is not committed, but that is his only offer according to rivals and 247. Sorry to offend you so deeply.

So just because Bones' beloved Eastern Kentucky-bound RB and Bollingbrook couldn't get on the board against LWE, he thinks no one can. Regardless of the player's credentials and talent level.

Comparing stats between two different positions is dumb logic.

So angry! I'm "extremely" stupid for thinking KAR is better than Pringle? It is correct that he is not committed, but that is his only offer according to rivals and 247. Sorry to offend you so deeply.
No you sound stupid because you got literally all the facts wrong. He's not committed to South Dakota but is committed. A more intelligent poster below you was able to get it correct. Further supporting my statement.

So just because Bones' beloved Eastern Kentucky-bound RB and Bollingbrook couldn't get on the board against LWE, he thinks no one can. Regardless of the player's credentials and talent level.

Comparing stats between two different positions is dumb logic.
No. I watched a few Eddie games this year. People kept comparing KAR to the Trinity QB going to Illinois, but I didn't see it in any of the games I saw. But I guess since ND is better than UofI KAR is better than Williams.

And Anthony Williams is better than Pringle since one is going to Michigan State and the other is going to some directional Kentucky school. Except the performance on the field don't always support who's going where.

That said, I think a mobile QB would be preferable against this D.

Reactions: Voodoo Tatum 21
No. I watched a few Eddie games this year. People kept comparing KAR to the Trinity QB going to Illinois, but I didn't see it in any of the games I saw. But I guess since ND is better than UofI KAR is better than Williams.

And Anthony Williams is better than Pringle since one is going to Michigan State and the other is going to some directional Kentucky school. Except the performance on the field don't always support who's going where.

I know I am extremely stupid and all, but the general consensus is that KAR is the most mobile QB in the state. And even with your deep emotional investment in LWE dominating EV, you admit a mobile QB can hurt LWE. Then you say KAR will do nothing. Good stuff, Bones.

This was the whole point of my first post. A mobile QB who can break the game down is the best chance at beating LWE.

Not sure which games you "watched" but KAR is every bit as advertised. Just ask Evanston and WA fans.

I know I am extremely stupid and all, but the general consensus is that KAR is the most mobile QB in the state. And even with your deep emotional investment in LWE dominating EV, you admit a mobile QB can hurt LWE. Then you say KAR will do nothing. Good stuff, Bones.

I said preferable. Didn't say can hurt. Reading comprehension is an indication of intelligence.

This was the whole point of my first post. A mobile QB who can break the game down is the best chance at beating LWE.

Not sure which games you "watched" but KAR is every bit as advertised. Just ask Evanston and WA fans.
I asked WV fans.

I said preferable. Didn't say can hurt. Reading comprehension is an indication of intelligence.

The guy saying little Pringle is better than KAR and that EKU is a better evaluator than ND and the whole big ten is questioning my intelligence repeatedly.

Seems about right. Get all your intel from a game he played just a few drives in. Solid reasoning.
Now you're sounding like the other idiot. I said I watched a few Eddie games and asked WV fans. Reading is fundamental.

The guy saying little Pringle is better than KAR and that EKU is a better evaluator than ND and the whole big ten is questioning my intelligence repeatedly.
You make it so simple. If you were smart you'd know a lot of recruiting is measurables. Coaches figure they can coach up a D1 body. Also, I didn't say Pringle is better than KAR. Pringle is better than Williams who is going to Michigan State. So your argument about who has better offers is....well, stupid. As I've been saying.

SouthWestBurbs said LWE hadn't faced a game breaker. I said they faced Pringle, who is a game breaker. And I compared stats between Pringle and KAR against a mutual opponent. I also knew you or someone else would comment on the # of carries KAR got due to injury, but it's not like Pringle carried the ball a lot.

Basically your argument is what?

Last edited:
You make it so simple. If you were smart you'd know a lot of recruiting is measurables. Coaches figure they can coach up a D1 body. Also, I didn't say Pringle is better than KAR. Pringle is better than Williams who is going to Michigan State. So your argument about who has better offers is....well, stupid. As I've been saying.

SouthWestBurbs said LWE hadn't faced a game breaker. I said they faced Pringle, who is a game breaker. And I compared stats between Pringle and KAR against a mutual opponent. I also knew you or someone else would comment on the # of carries KAR got due to injury, but it's not like Pringle carried the ball a lot.

Basically your argument is what?

KAR has better offers than Williams and Pringle combined. And it's not like KAR is some physical specimen that made college coaches offer him. He's 6-1 180.... I think college coaches like the way he breaks the game down a little more than they do your Bollingbrook guys. Hate it to break it to ya buddy.

KAR has better offers than Williams and Pringle combined. And it's not like KAR is some physical specimen that made college coaches offer him. He's 6-1 180.... I think college coaches like the way he breaks the game down a little more than they do your Bollingbrook guys. Hate it to break it to ya buddy.

9 carries 10 yards against WV. Hate to break it to you.

Reactions: Voodoo Tatum 21
Anyways, the point of the post was that I think LWE has seen game breakers including Cox from GBW (sorry I don't know what offers he has and don't care to look) as well. They probably haven't seen a game breaker from the QB position, but I don't think it'll matter. That's not a slight to KAR I'm sure he's fantastic, 10 yards against WV notwithstanding. It's more of a nod to the LWE defense.

Anyways, the point of the post was that I think LWE has seen game breakers including Cox from GBW (sorry I don't know what offers he has and don't care to look) as well. They probably haven't seen a game breaker from the QB position, but I don't think it'll matter. That's not a slight to KAR I'm sure he's fantastic, 10 yards against WV notwithstanding. It's more of a nod to the LWE defense.
I have a hard time believing one person is going to beat East, no matter how good they are. I think Maine South represents the most potent team to challenge the Beast. While I am not a fan of Inserra, I think he might be the best offensive coach in the state. They have more than one weapon.

Much of the thread centered around the QB of E-ville. I have not seen him but from everything I have read, he apparently is the real deal. Should be a great test for both teams.

Reactions: Cross Bones
I have a hard time believing one person is going to beat East, no matter how good they are. I think Maine South represents the most potent team to challenge the Beast. While I am not a fan of Inserra, I think he might be the best offensive coach in the state. They have more than one weapon.

Much of the thread centered around the QB of E-ville. I have not seen him but from everything I have read, he apparently is the real deal. Should be a great test for both teams.

Exactly. I've seen this staff come up with schemes and plans for dynamic QB's like Marcus Randle-El, this will be nothing new for them.

Reactions: Videosurfer

I'd be careful to assume Eville has no other weapons. They had a 100 yard WR and 225 yard back in round 2.

I'd be careful to assume Eville has no other weapons. They had a 100 yard WR and 225 yard back in round 2.
Fair enough... as I said, I have not seen E-ville play and nearly everything I have read is about their QB... We shall all see. The teams down south do not get the love 250 miles north...I doubt either team will take the other lightly.

I believe he is very fast and very elusive. What I have seen in his film is that the teams they played are not all very good at their tackling skills. We know how to tackle. See you Saturday.

Reactions: Iamjaytee
Two things I would like to clarify:

KAR went out in the early to mid part of the second quarter I beleive in the WV game. He had way more than “one or two series” in the game. They fed him a lot while he was in there and yes WV did sack him and that cost him some negative yards. I know he touched it running for 9 attempts per the Ed’s newspaper article. . I beleive he had a few passing attempts as well and a completion or two. Ed’s was held to 98 total yards if memory serves from the Ed’s Article. Even with the limited touches - you could see how scary KAR could be. He could break one at any time. Agree that Ed’s is not the same team they were back in week 3. Apples and oranges I’m sure to compare them in week 3 to now.

I don’t care how big or small Pringle is or who is or is not recruiting him. He is a fantastic High School RB. I watched some of the film and highlights and just crazy he had a couple of long breakaway runs against WV where he looks like he was in fast forward and the rest of the people on slow play. The D1 schools look for measureables and I’m sure there is some concern on how many hits he can take with his frame.

At the high school level, I see a lot of similarities between Pringle big play ability and KAR big play ability. Both can change the game with one play.

I am so glad Bolingbrook limited his touches in the WV game! I shudder to think what would happen if he was fed 25 times. Probably go something like this.
* rush for no gain
* rush 3 yards.
* rush for negative 1 yard
* rush for 78 yards and a TD.
Multiply that 6 times! Lol!!!

Reactions: Cross Bones
Eville's best play may be the "broken" play where it's just KAR and imagination.
You could perhaps remember a few short years back, Edwardsville at LWE and the Griffins had a certain Tom Fuessel? Is that KAR? The broken play was Tom’s calling card.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT