ADVERTISEMENT

LWE at Marist

I get you want the kids to feel warm and cozy inside, but once the game starts none of that matters. I preferred to travel, see different schools, cities and atmospheres. Home is boring, same ole song and dance.

Nothing wrong with kids learning how to be comfortable being uncomfortable

Last edited:
Reactions: ESCC Alum
It's about facilities and namely locker rooms. I do not know the regulations of what needs to be provided but at some schools it isn't really feasible to go in at halftime for the visiting team because of distance from the field. Also a comfort / familiarity thing.

This. Routines are huge. Being able to do the same exact routine that you've done 5-6 times already this season as opposed to another new change.

It's not going to turn a two TD underdog into a favorite but I think there's definitely a benefit. At the end of the day, when the game starts football is football. I just think the benefit comes from players more likely to be locked in for the 2 hours pregame at home vs adapting to new environment on the road.

Hats off to Marist, my favorite Catholic League school with more class than just about any school in the state. Kudos to Coach Z who made the adjustment of the game. In first half, East would line up to blitz and Marist would check with sideline for the audible to counter the blitz.

Second half, this issue was corrected. Would have been a closer game if Marist did not drop 6 passes (that I counted). I saw all 13 East games this year and have been pleasantly surprised and thrilled to be a fan. 39 wins out of the last 40 played in 8A is something special. Go Griffins.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT