ADVERTISEMENT

LWE AT GBW

No free on weekends. It’s best to avoid downtown GE, so these are my foolproof directions: Since Park Ave is closed, take rt. 38 west past Park to Main St. North/right on Main to Hill. East/right on Hill back past Park to Montclair. North/left on Montclair until it dead ends at the east end of the commuter lot. Drive about halfway down and park. Follow the crowd. It’s .4 of a mile walk. Plan on getting delayed by a frieght train. Reverse route to leave
or just keep it simple like myself and ride a bicycle from Chicago along the Prairie Path - I assume GBW has bike racks?!?!
I’m sleeping there tonight!

Reactions: Bowie50
I think GBW plays LWE tough for the first half (simlar to LA in '16) and then LWE pulls away.

This is a good test for the Griffins. This game will give us a gauge on how good they are. We are playing a quality team/program/coach at their home.
Doesn’t get much better thay this when it comes to HS football.

Go East!!

This should be an interesting game. In fact, I'm in Glen Ellyn now; gonna go to Duchon for at least half the game and then head to Brother Rice for OPRF/BR. I always enjoy games at Duchon Field - that place is just meant for football especially on a November afternoon like today. I say Hitters keep it close for a while, but LW (B)East gradually pulls away in the second half. LWE 42 GW 21

Reactions: Bowie50
Make it 31-0 as The Beast defense returns a fumble 68 yards for a TD

Gotta a feeling this is gonna be a running clock game soon

On the last LWE touchdown, disagree with Hetlet's play call

4th and 7 from LWE 32 and he has the QB run on a draw play. The Beast smells it out and strip him of the ball and then recovers it and runs it back.

Now GW muffs the kickoff and LWE in business at the GW 29

Henning 29-yard TD run with 5 seconds left

38-0 LWE

I must say I'm very surprised at the score. I figured the Beast was favored but certainly didn't expect this.

That said The Beast is really a beast: talented, deep, and well-coached

We have a running clock situation now at Duchon
45-0 Beast in 3rd Q

And I was thinking before the game " You know, with GW's ground and pound they could keep LWE's offense off the field..kinda the definition of a trap game"... needless to say I was wrong....

And I was thinking before the game " You know, with GW's ground and pound they could keep LWE's offense off the field..kinda the definition of a trap game"... needless to say I was wrong....

Good theory. Problem was The Beast never let GW establish the running game. Hitters were forced to throw far more often than they'd prefer. That Griffin run defense very good - that d-line is big, fast, and athletic

Good theory. Problem was The Beast never let GW establish the running game. Hitters were forced to throw far more often than they'd prefer. That Griffin run defense very good - that d-line is big, fast, and athletic

I have said it before the defense hasn’t been getting the credit they deserve. That’s 7 shutouts this year. Open yours people this East defense is special said the offense.

After last Friday in Frankfort, I can sympathize with the hitters fans. It’s hard to watch your team get dominated but after awhile you find yourself switching from feeling bad for your team to admiring a really really good high school football team.

After last Friday in Frankfort, I can sympathize with the hitters fans. It’s hard to watch your team get dominated but after awhile you find yourself switching from feeling bad for your team to admiring a really really good high school football team.

This LWE team is really good. I also believe most other teams you would generally expect to compete with them are down. That's a bad combination for these playoffs. The interesting games will be the ones that don't involve LWE. Hand them the trophy now.

This LWE team is really good. I also believe most other teams you would generally expect to compete with them are down. That's a bad combination for these playoffs. The interesting games will be the ones that don't involve LWE. Hand them the trophy now.

Bones I feel like that’s a little jab. You say East is really good but then say the teams they have played are down? I get it but I don’t buy it, I don’t think they are really good. I think they are special. Regardless of teams you feel are down. This is a really special team, let’s not belittle them because they are dominanting everyone they play. This is something special the state has not see in many years. I truly believe East could complete and beat some of the best teams in the country.
Go East!

Bones I feel like that’s a little jab. You say East is really good but then say the teams they have played are down? I get it but I don’t buy it, I don’t think they are really good. I think they are special. Regardless of teams you feel are down. This is a really special team, let’s not belittle them because they are dominanting everyone they play. This is something special the state has not see in many years. I truly believe East could complete and beat some of the best teams in the country.
Go East!
Nope not a jab at all. The D is what I've come to expect at LWE and the offense is the best I've seen there. But I generally expect some programs to be competitive. When they're not I look at the team to see why. LWE is doing what you're supposed to do to outmatched teams.

Reactions: Gene K.
Nope not a jab at all. The D is what I've come to expect at LWE and the offense is the best I've seen there. But I generally expect some programs to be competitive. When they're not I look at the team to see why. LWE is doing what you're supposed to do to outmatched teams.

Are you sure the teams are down? I feel like East is playing at another level and everyone else is playing like they always have? Their is more games left but if East keeps dominating are you going to say they are all down?

Are you sure the teams are down? I feel like East is playing at another level and everyone else is playing like they always have? Their is more games left but if East keeps dominating are you going to say they are all down?

Love Bones
We go way back and you know I havya special place in my heart for the East 2005 team but from what I am seeing this years team is special and very deep.
Just saying.

Well, we are down. That's a fact. HF was good, I think their coaching did it's best job, but they didn't have anything close to that RB they had last year or the Harley-Hamptons. Glenbard West got throttled by MS again and also lost to an offensively challenged Oak Park.

Yes, this LWE team is special. Better than last year and last year I think the teams I just mentioned were up (except GBW) and Loyola was great too and LWE still won. So I think we can conclude this Griffin's team is great while acknowledging that other schools don't have their best product this season. Rice on the other hand appears to be up.

This LWE team is incredible. Nothing to hang your hats about Hitters! Great program. Top 5 in IL.

Reactions: WIU78
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT