ADVERTISEMENT

LWE 37 Porters 10 Final

16-3 Griffins over Porters. LWE leaving a lot of points on the field. Lockport hanging tough.Halftime rain Is getting worse.

Last edited:
Reactions: corey90
16-3 Griffins over Porters. LWE leaving a lot of .points o no he field. Lockport hanging tough halftime rai. Is getting worse.
Rain is helping LP stay in the game East fumble on LP 15 yard line hurt. East offense is moving the ball well. I feel East will pull away in the 2nd half.

Route 6 will work just fine. I have no idea how Bolingbrook lost to the Porters. Cross Bones will have to explain that one to us.

Route 6 will work just fine. I have no idea how Bolingbrook lost to the Porters. Cross Bones will have to explain that one to us.
Agree
It sounded like they lost at the end of the game. Total team collapse. I wasn’t at the game but your right Bones can explain but it will make him relieve the nightmare that occurred. Hahaha

LWE o-line opened huge holes all night...well I left at end of 3Q. East looked out of sorts at the beginning. But got their stride. I will await Bones' explanation how LP beat BB.

IMO, a big (not the only) part of Lockport looking better against The Brook compared to East was the weather conditions. In the important Porter dropback passing game, one of either the QB or receivers on most throws were affected by the rain. East in the air seemed much less affected, however, but that may be due to it being less spot-based, the way things developed in the game.

Reactions: Porter1997
That is HS Football. Once the colder weather & rain kicks in it really impacts team who like to run spread & throw the ball over the place. This time of year teams with a running game, solid o-line, strong arm QB and solid defense seem to fair pretty good going into playoffs at all levels.

Reactions: Gene K. and corey90
IMO, a big (not the only) part of Lockport looking better against The Brook compared to East was the weather conditions. In the important Porter dropback passing game, one of either the QB or receivers on most throws were affected by the rain. East in the air seemed much less affected, however, but that may be due to it being less spot-based, the way things developed in the game.
I was at the game and felt the rain actually helped LP. East fumbled because the wet ball and dropped a couple passes that were off the hands again I a tribute that to the rain. East OL Line dominated the line of scrimmage. I am not sure how many rushing yards had but they had no problem moving the ball. If it was dry East would of scored even more. East D pretty much shut LP down. I left at Halftime because East was moving the ball so easy in the first half it was only a matter time before they pulled away.

Brook lost to Lockport because Lockport is the better team now. Yes, there was a complete collapse in the final 3 minutes which facilitated the loss, but anyone could see it coming. They play with a lack of urgency on offense despite it never being more clear that they NEED to score on every possession. On defense there's poor fundamentals and despite some adjustments in what type of defense ie 5-2 vs nickel there is no change in technique to assist the smaller DL to put pressure on opposing QBs. Then on top of that Williams went out with an injury late. Williams and Walters make all the tackles, so that's a problem.

Not understanding the moment. Didn't have the hands unit out there for KR up a single score with a little over a minute left. Or not having a hands unit to put out there at all. Not realizing Lockport was probably in playoff mode since losing to Sandburg, so there would be some risks taken. Weren't ready for the opening onside kick either.

There's a laundry list. But it boils down to other teams getting better and us getting progressively worse throughout the year.

Reactions: Porter1997
Thanks as usual for your evaluation Cross Bones. The team LWE saw play was a scary offensive weapon from the Brook. Looking at LP I thought the Frosh QB could have exploited the Porters D. Get the Raiders vessel righted soon!

I have seen 7 out of the 8 LWE games this year and not sure if they are as good as they seem. O-line is awesome and the receivers are tremendous blockers, which is impressive. Defense always good, but seems like a lack of speed. But LP did not look very good to me (said w/o being snarky). LP is generally a well coached team though.

I have seen 7 out of the 8 LWE games this year and not sure if they are as good as they seem. O-line is awesome and the receivers are tremendous blockers, which is impressive. Defense always good, but seems like a lack of speed. But LP did not look very good to me (said w/o being snarky). LP is generally a well coached team though.
I would agree with your assessment except their speed. The overall team speed seems to be good. I don’t think the QB or RB is getting enough credit. Receivers could be faster but seem to get open. This isn’t the best East team I have seen but they show great resolve to not get rattled when things are not going there way. East has tremendous determination and get stronger as the game progresses especially in the 2nd half. This I attribute to the senior leadership and experience that will make them difficult to beat. Make no mistake this team is good enough to win a state championship. I haven’t see any team this year that completely wows me. I don’t see a clear dominant favorite like in other years. It should be fun to watch come playoff time.

Reactions: chakazulu89
Brook lost to Lockport because Lockport is the better team now. Yes, there was a complete collapse in the final 3 minutes which facilitated the loss, but anyone could see it coming. They play with a lack of urgency on offense despite it never being more clear that they NEED to score on every possession. On defense there's poor fundamentals and despite some adjustments in what type of defense ie 5-2 vs nickel there is no change in technique to assist the smaller DL to put pressure on opposing QBs. Then on top of that Williams went out with an injury late. Williams and Walters make all the tackles, so that's a problem.

Not understanding the moment. Didn't have the hands unit out there for KR up a single score with a little over a minute left. Or not having a hands unit to put out there at all. Not realizing Lockport was probably in playoff mode since losing to Sandburg, so there would be some risks taken. Weren't ready for the opening onside kick either.

There's a laundry list. But it boils down to other teams getting better and us getting progressively worse throughout the year.
I watched the game. Brook has a great LB. #6 I think. He was absent for all or most of the game vs Lockport.

The rain/weather helped the Lockport D but hurt the Lockport O. Defense benefitted from fumble and the wet weather. The offense needed to pass to be successful against the LWE D and the rain canceled out their passing game. The L was expected. On to Andrew

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT