ADVERTISEMENT

Luther Burden is good at football

I think teams think, "that was them, it can't happen to us"
not sure why they think that. We're seeing it with I'Marion Stewart this year. Why teams kick to him I dont know.
With some coaches, unfortunately, it's a pride thing instead of using common sense.

I will never understand kicking to the other teams best player, let alone the states best player.
Agree 100%!!! A couple years ago we made the mistake of kicking to Scotty Miller. 80 yards later he was celebrating in the endzone. I can't remember a time I've ever seen someone run that fast except maybe Rashard Mendenhall.

I think it is an execution thing versus a coaches choice. You are dealing with High School kickers which most aren't good.
Agreed, to an extent. I think with some players you should decide to kick it out of bounds, even on kickoffs. If the ball is somewhat close to that I give it a pass. If it's in the middle of the field or on kickoffs to the side of the more dangerous threat, then I assume they're taking the calculated risk.

Reactions: LHSTigers94
Agreed, to an extent. I think with some players you should decide to kick it out of bounds, even on kickoffs. If the ball is somewhat close to that I give it a pass. If it's in the middle of the field or on kickoffs to the side of the more dangerous threat, then I assume they're taking the calculated risk.
Keep in mind there is a rush coming on punt so in theory yes, but execution is something a little different. I agree on the kickoff deal.

I think it is an execution thing versus a coaches choice. You are dealing with High School kickers which most aren't good.
I totally agree with this. I was at a game early this season and the sideline yelled at the punter to kick out of bounds, so once he caught the ball he physically turned his body to do it and booted it only 5 yards downfield because he turned so much.

For punts, absolutely. For kickoff there's really no excuse for kicking it deep. The exception being a squib kick makes its way back somehow.

Reactions: LHSTigers94
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT