ADVERTISEMENT

Loyola 14 Ignatius 14 - overtime

4 Turnovers will hurt you - LA shores them up and gets Jones/Fallon back and they'll bounce back

Loyola head coach John Holecek wasn’t all smiles.

“We are not very good,” he said. “But we can build on some positive things like the fact the kids didn’t stop fighting.”

The last time Loyola played OT was in Week 2 of the 2014 when it beat Edwardsville 29-28

Well, there you have it. Loyola “not very good.”

Any idea when Jones and Fallon due back?
12 turnovers in three games. I think that’s more than LA has had in the last 6 years. Fallon was cleared to play this week. Jones had an emergency appendectomy the night before the MC game. I have no clue how long that takes, but the running game is non existent. Defense is very good but it doesn’t help when the O is turning it over and your working against a short field all game. They will starting rolling and will make a run. I hope! Go Ramblers!

12 turnovers in three games. I think that’s more than LA has had in the last 6 years. Fallon was cleared to play this week. Jones had an emergency appendectomy the night before the MC game. I have no clue how long that takes, but the running game is non existent. Defense is very good but it doesn’t help when the O is turning it over and your working against a short field all game. They will starting rolling and will make a run. I hope! Go Ramblers!
Agree. The turnovers are killers. The defense is spending way to much time on the field and it seems like they are getting worn out for stretches. QB1 will be back this week against Montini so it'll be good to gauge his impact on the team. They will need to grind, scratch and claw to regain their mojo, stack some wins and see what happens.

The LA defense seemed worn Friday night by an Ignatius team that has most players going both ways. Did not seem like the Loyola defenses of the past. Ignatius almost won the game in the last 5 seconds of regulation on a sack that may have been a safety. Very close call and no official on the goal line as the wing officials had moved down field for the pass. Would love to see the film.

The LA defense seemed worn Friday night by an Ignatius team that has most players going both ways. Did not seem like the Loyola defenses of the past. Ignatius almost won the game in the last 5 seconds of regulation on a sack that may have been a safety. Very close call and no official on the goal line as the wing officials had moved down field for the pass. Would love to see the film.
I was surprised that LA did not come out and use the hurry up offense from early on since Iggy had so many two way players. Also surprise that they decided to throw from their own 5 yard with 14 seconds remaining in regulation. Very fortunate to not get a safety on that sack.

Reactions: Gene K.
Is this the wrong thread for me to mention that Ignatius has a larger enrollment than the other four teams in the CCL Red combined?

Ignatius 1454 vs. CCL Red 1415 if anyone is paying attention.

I was surprised that LA did not come out and use the hurry up offense from early on since Iggy had so many two way players. Also surprise that they decided to throw from their own 5 yard with 14 seconds remaining in regulation. Very fortunate to not get a safety on that sack.[/QUOTE

Based on the game films it was a safety.

Since we are on the LA topic. What’s the thought or feeling on last 4 games? When will their injured starters be back? The Rambling Boys have Montini, SR, DLS and Provi. They finish 7-2 or something less? I believe they get by SR and DLS. Montini will be tough but this too is another test for the Broncos. Provi will be interesting but it depends where PCs confidence level is by week 9, Celtics have to track through MC and MCHS prior to LA game. Plus PC, like most teams hate the Saturday day game in beautiful Wilmette. LA is Definitely a team I would not want to draw in round 1 of playoffs.

Also, this will be a great show of character and leadership for Coach John H. Been a long time since he had to coach through this much adversity in Ramblerland. Please step up to the podium JH.

Is this the wrong thread for me to mention that Ignatius has a larger enrollment than the other four teams in the CCL Red combined?

They'll enjoy that perch until the merger (hopefully a "City Green" quad of them, St. Pats, DLS and Larry) or DePaul Prep starts leveraging its location and testing #s- steps up and forces a 6 blue /6 green.

May be has to do with roster size.

dateposted-public

Also, this will be a great show of character and leadership for Coach John H. Been a long time since he had to coach through this much adversity in Ramblerland. Please step up to the podium JH.
I agree with you PC. I would imagine that starting out 2-2 and getting knocked out of the top 20 will present a great challenge to JH to turn things around pronto and make a deep playoff run. These are the type of challenges that prove a coach's mettle. He is undoubtedly a great coach and deservedly has the backing of the LA community and I am certain his team. The team seem to be like a broken puzzle. The pieces are all on the table, its just up to JH and his staff to experiment until those pieces fit into place. We believe he'll get it done.

Reactions: Bowie50
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT