ADVERTISEMENT

Linebacker High (Loyola Academy) - Top 5 All-Time Linebackers

Although I never saw him play, Jamie baisley ‘92 has to be up there. Brian O’Brien ‘15 was also a stud. Graham repp ‘17 was a 2 year starter, even started against state champ Stevenson as a sophomore in the playoffs. Anthony Romano ‘17 and James Kreutz ‘22 were also damn good. I’m sure I’m missing some between the 90s and the early part of holeceks era where I did not watch as much.

I will forever say the 2009 Hollywood defense was one of their best! No idea on names, but I am sure someone on this site can tell me.

Reactions: lookoutforliam
Although I never saw him play, Jamie baisley ‘92 has to be up there. Brian O’Brien ‘15 was also a stud. Graham repp ‘17 was a 2 year starter, even started against state champ Stevenson as a sophomore in the playoffs. Anthony Romano ‘17 and James Kreutz ‘22 were also damn good. I’m sure I’m missing some between the 90s and the early part of holeceks era where I did not watch as much.
Baisley was a SS I think

Reactions: lookoutforliam
Brought up to edgytim.com standards:

Who is on your list of Top 5 All Time LA linebackers and what are their respective zip codes? 😂

Reactions: Gene K.
When it comes to LBers - I think MC is king of LBs in CCL - Furjanic, Stewart, etc.
Although a LB at Nebraska, Stewart had a back and forth path at MC. He was a RB as a junior on the 88 State team. He started the 89 season as part of a 3 man rotation backfield with him, Matt Girsch and Bobby Sanders, but he got moved to Strong Safety after an injury at that position and he flourished there. He still got some carries but Sanders became the go to guy so he spent most the time in defense as a senior. When he got to Nebraska he just filled out more and became a LB.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT