ADVERTISEMENT

Lincoln-Way East...

Cross Bones

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2001
The average score to a LWE game is 48-7. That's a running clock per game. They pretty much did this to the far and away #2 team in the conference. The Griffins have 5 games of 6 or less points given up. Most of this season they played without their most dynamic offensive weapon. I just haven't seen the team that will test LWE this year. They may have to go to Texas to get some competition. Or Ohio.

Reactions: Eringobragh
Sad to say but you probably are spot on Bones. They would probably beat a few D3 schools.

Reactions: Slappy40
Admittedly not knowing a lot about the LWE squad, let me ask a few questions. How many players on this team would have been at LMN if they still existed? Are any of their impact players former LWN kids. Did LWE lose any players to the other LW schools when North closed. Just curious.

I can't tell you anything about LWN players. All I can say is they're not the largest school in the conference and they get their kids the way public schools do. I would not pick this as your feeto's Friday upset, but if you were to and be correct it would be the greatest pick of your career.

Admittedly not knowing a lot about the LWE squad, let me ask a few questions. How many players on this team would have been at LMN if they still existed? Are any of their impact players former LWN kids. Did LWE lose any players to the other LW schools when North closed. Just curious.
About 60% of the students at East are from North. The football team was about 50/50.
East lost about 900 students to Central.

Reactions: SkinnyPorter
I believe there are 4 LWN kids on O, and 3 on D. This does not include AJ. I only went by the 22 starters. The kicker is an East kid I believe.
All of LWN moved to LWE so we got the whole team. We lost half of our players to LWC. Most of the starting team last year at LWC were former LWE players. All of their All Conference players were from LWE.
It’s hard for me to tell how many actual bodies on the current team are LWN transplants but I would guess 50-50.
I hope that answers your question. GO BLUE!!

Reactions: feeto
The conversation about who is / was from LWN means nothing at this point. This being the third year in basically no one played varsity football to impact that debate as to residency in the district. If you want to ask could Coach A or Coach Y have done the same with the talent...now there is a talking point. Or better yet, what happens when SD 161 takes over the K-12 aspect of the current LW210 district and forces yet another movement of students. Plan ahead....

The conversation about who is / was from LWN means nothing at this point. This being the third year in basically no one played varsity football to impact that debate as to residency in the district. If you want to ask could Coach A or Coach Y have done the same with the talent...now there is a talking point. Or better yet, what happens when SD 161 takes over the K-12 aspect of the current LW210 district and forces yet another movement of students. Plan ahead....

I really don’t understand what the big deal is? I possibly know more about Frankfort Square (North) and Frankfort Village (East) as I lived in both areas and my kids went to middle schools in both areas then reunited with all their friends at East. The difference is family’s in the Square are more hard working blue collar while the Village were more hard working white collar. To me everyone got along fine and all they did was reunite the kids again when North shut down. If anything East lost kids from Mokena. In any case coach Z has done an excellent job and always has with kids from both areas.

I really don’t understand what the big deal is? I possibly know more about Frankfort Square (North) and Frankfort Village (East) as I lived in both areas and my kids went to middle schools in both areas then reunited with all their friends at East. The difference is family’s in the Square are more hard working blue collar while the Village were more hard working white collar. To me everyone got along fine and all they did was reunite the kids again when North shut down. If anything East lost kids from Mokena. In any case coach Z has done an excellent job and always has with kids from both areas.

I also will tell you my sons played youth with Mokena Burros then played with Frankfort Square Wildcats and then they were also reunited with those friends from Mokena when they all went to East.

1. The man asked a fair question because he was curious. No hafm no foul.
2. Blue collared white collared? How and why does that fit in here?
3. There is no way the k-12 proposal happens. EVER!
4. People are obviously still butt hurt over the closing of LWE. Get over it, the kids don’t care. Why should anyone else.
5. I am grateful to have made a bunch of new (blue collared) friends from LWN. 90% of which are white collared. Just sayin ;-)

Reactions: feeto and Gene K.
1. The man asked a fair question because he was curious. No harm no foul.
2. Blue collared white collared? How and why does that fit in here?
3. There is no way the k-12 proposal happens. EVER!
4. People are obviously still butt hurt over the closing of LWE. Get over it, the kids don’t care. Why should anyone else.
5. I am grateful to have made a bunch of new (blue collared) friends from LWN. 90% of which are white collared. Just sayin ;-)

Hey jcrewx7
Exactly I don’t see a difference but I was just given people an understanding of the Frankfort area. I am not sure why this topic keeps getting brought up.
I have plenty friends from both areas. I guess I am having trouble understanding what the big deal is because I always looked at both areas and people as just Frankfort.
Go East.

Born and raised in the square since the 70s .
Agree that the 161 proposal will not go through. WIU I hope you don't consider that too seriously . Just bring back Twist N Shake and everyone will get along.

Agree that D161 proposal will never pass. I also see no reasoning to ask who would attend LWN and who would be LWE. That ship has sailed three football seasons ago and none of these students really care. The parents of SH D161 are giving false hope to have a K - 12 consolidation and are moving forward with the proposal. BWM57 maybe can shed some light on the chances. Go Griffins!

Teams who may be able to give East a game:

1. Maine South - mainly because I've seen the staff pull off similar upsets and I've seen them win games when they were physically overmatched

2. Warren - in order to beat LWE you have to have a lights out D. After week 1 they've allowed 16 points.

3. Rice - seems to be tough in all facets

4. Naperville C - already had an early lead against LWE and has one f the top QB's in the state. Passing is probably better than running.

5. Marist - was able to dominate Naz who also has an explosive offense and stingy D

1. Maine South - mainly because I've seen the staff pull off similar upsets and I've seen them win games when they were physically overmatched

2. Warren - in order to beat LWE you have to have a lights out D. After week 1 they've allowed 16 points.

4. Naperville C - already had an early lead against LWE and has one f the top QB's in the state. Passing is probably better than running.

5. Marist - was able to dominate Naz who also has an explosive offense and stingy D

Oswego- nasty D and a few playmakers on O.

Don’t forget Bolingbrook with 1 loss.:D

My nephew's team, Cleveland St. Ignatius, would be a 2 point dog to LWE, according to GambleTron. They're ranked 5th in Ohio right now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT