ADVERTISEMENT

Lincoln-Way East at Nequa Valley - Final LWE 48 Nequa 14

Football on grass….we are all spoiled today. Coal City by the way has all turf fields going in for baseball as well….Nequa I believe has environmental issues?

Football on grass….we are all spoiled today. Coal City by the way has all turf fields going in for baseball as well….Nequa I believe has environmental issues?
WIU78
What does that even mean. You’re saying the game is delayed 45 minutes because the field isn’t ready? If yes they how in the world are they going to get the field ready in 45 minutes? Silly 🤪

Griffins hold forcing another punt. 4 plays TD pass for 6. PAT blocked😕. LWE 20-0 5 mins to play 1 st quarter.

Taking a little longer on the drive before the end of the 1st. Fourth down and 13 conversion slowed things up.

TD Griffins 27-0. pick. 3 yard TD pass Griffins score 34-0. Last two scores happened when again…Nequa student body chanted “over rated”. Always a motivator 11:00 left in the 2nd.

• Haha
Reactions: gobears25
LWE Griffins 48. Nequa Valley Wildcats 0. With zero first downs 5:00 left before halftime. Yikes for Wildcat fans.

Like 2 years for the program to take a dive at Nequa? Help us understand NappervilleBuck?
It went super fast. Two things have been the driving factors. One, there is zero faith in those running the program. Coaching is middle school level at best. Our QB still runs to the sidelines every play to get the call. Who does that? District 204 also had a call a few years ago, changing middle school football from tackle to flag. Imagine playing freshman ball and never tackled someone. Two is the district has completely changed. Caucasians are now the minority. Participation is cratering as is interest in the program. NV always had a decided home field advantage and now the place is empty. It’s truly sad.

It went super fast. Two things have been the driving factors. One, there is zero faith in those running the program. Coaching is middle school level at best. Our QB still runs to the sidelines every play to get the call. Who does that? District 204 also had a call a few years ago, changing middle school football from tackle to flag. Imagine playing freshman ball and never tackled someone. Two is the district has completely changed. Caucasians are now the minority. Participation is cratering as is interest in the program. NV always had a decided home field advantage and now the place is empty. It’s truly sad.
Shows how important you need to keep the culture and community involved.

Good post. Though I will say playing any football at the middle school level is a luxury. Plenty of chances to play Pop Warner type stuff (Tackle) outside of school though.

Also i dread QB's that run to the sidelines for plays. Brutal!

Reactions: NapervilleBuck
Good post. Though I will say playing any football at the middle school level is a luxury. Plenty of chances to play Pop Warner type stuff (Tackle) outside of school though.

Also i dread QB's that run to the sidelines for plays. Brutal!
There are tons of options to play tackle, for sure. But Batavia doesn’t have flag. Cary-Grove, Park Ridge, or Frankfort. They have feeder programs that get you ready for the HS big show. They know the system in 6th and 7th grade. That’s what makes a program and a culture.

And the final was LWE 48. Nequa 14. Starters for the Griffins had a half day of work.
More importantly is the 2nd & 3rd string had a half day of playing and getting experience. This is a trade mark of coach Z. It’s no coincidence why the Griffins are the power program each year. The backups get almost as much playing time in each game. This is why they reload each year not rebuild. This may be t best East team since their last state championship. Time will tell but right now I don’t see a team that can hang with there starters for 4 quarters. Playoffs are going to be fun, looking forward to the NC game.

There are tons of options to play tackle, for sure. But Batavia doesn’t have flag. Cary-Grove, Park Ridge, or Frankfort. They have feeder programs that get you ready for the HS big show. They know the system in 6th and 7th grade. That’s what makes a program and a culture.

you still have the patriots and Naperville saints as tackle options. What happened to the chargers?

Reactions: NapervilleBuck
you still have the patriots and Naperville saints as tackle options. What happened to the chargers?
No clue.

The problem is the administration doesn’t support football. Let’s get rid of tackle because it’s too tough.

The NV program has been cut off at the knees.

As a Naperville resident, IMHO I will add this also.
  • Lots of other sports to choose from.
  • Naperville mothers are spoked by the thought of concussions.
  • Parents have $$ and can send their boys to: Naz, SF, JCA, Montini or ICCP where they win state championships.
  • Change in demographics.

Carmel of mundelein qb runs to the sideline to get the next call on every play and the Corsair’s coulda/woulda/shoulda beaten Naz in playoffs last year and did beat them this year so I don’t exactly see a direct correlation between a program floundering and the qb running to the coach to get the next play after every down.

Carmel of mundelein qb runs to the sideline to get the next call on every play and the Corsair’s coulda/woulda/shoulda beaten Naz in playoffs last year and did beat them this year so I don’t exactly see a direct correlation between a program floundering and the qb running to the coach to get the next play after every down.
Carmel has not beaten Nazareth this year. They have not played. They will not play during the regular season because they are not on each other's schedule. The only way they would play each other this year is if it happened in the playoffs; and it is possible Carmel may not qualify for the playoffs.

With all of the above having been said, that does not necessarily change the validity of your point.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT