ADVERTISEMENT

Lincoln Football

Pennst79

Gold Member
Oct 21, 2017
Whats the chances The Lincoln Railsplitters can beat Triad and make the playoffs anyone know how good Triad is this year???

Better question…how will the CPL team in the land of lincoln do in the playoffs!?!?!?!

Reactions: mc140
One common opponent was Jerseyville. Lincoln lost by two scores and Triad won by more than 2 scores, so I would say Triad is favorite by at least 10. I am going with the Triads on this one, but that is why you play the game

Reactions: Schwab54
Whats the chances The Lincoln Railsplitters can beat Triad and make the playoffs anyone know how good Triad is this year???
The question for Triad this year in every playoff game will be the offense. Their defense is very good(they held Mascoutah’s high powered offense to 11 offensive snaps and 1 first down in the first half of that game before some special teams errors put them in trouble).
The Knights also are a young team though, they definitely start slow and have a flair for the dramatic finish(have three 4Q comebacks and have made two game winning goal line stands with teams inside their 5 yard line). Could make a nice run in a very open 5A.
They’re also yet to lose at home since getting turf in 2020, so that’s interesting

Last edited:
Reactions: Gene K.
The question for Triad this year in every playoff game will be the offense. Their defense is very good(they held Mascoutah’s high powered offense to 11 offensive snaps and 1 first down in the first half of that game before some special teams errors put them in trouble).
The Knights also are a young team though, they definitely start slow and have a flair for the dramatic finish(have three 4Q comebacks and have made two game winning goal line stands with teams inside their 5 yard line). Could make a nice run in a very open 5A.
They’re also yet to lose at home since getting turf in 2020, so that’s interesting
Tomorrow’s game should be streamed here too: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2ogdP-8CYG06vr_4xZSt4g

Lincoln has historically been a basketball school. Former IllinI and LA Laker Brian Cook graduated from there in the late 90s. They play in a very tough conference and they may be the smallest school and have had a tough time in football. Do they beat Triad, probably not but this season was a huge improvement over the past several decades.

Lincoln has historically been a basketball school. Former IllinI and LA Laker Brian Cook graduated from there in the late 90s. They play in a very tough conference and they may be the smallest school and have had a tough time in football. Do they beat Triad, probably not but this season was a huge improvement over the past several decades.
Lincoln will be leaving the Apollo Conference to rejoin the Central State 8 if I remember correctly.

Hoops is definitely their thing in Lincoln!

Watched the game on utube last night gotta say that Triad team will be a tough out in 5a they run well have a big line and the Qb can throw was really impressed!!!

Reactions: Formicidae13
Watched the game on utube last night gotta say that Triad team will be a tough out in 5a they run well have a big line and the Qb can throw was really impressed!!!
They definitely have the players to pass more than they are used to. My projections have them in a nice part of the bracket where they wouldn’t have to pull a major upset until at earliest round 3. Watch the other teams in their conference(Highland and Mascoutah) to make some noise in that bracket

They definitely have the players to pass more than they are used to. My projections have them in a nice part of the bracket where they wouldn’t have to pull a major upset until at earliest round 3. Watch the other teams in their conference(Highland and Mascoutah) to make some noise in that bracket
How many games are their today and are they more likely to move teams up or down on their bubbles in 4A/5A?

How many games are their today and are they more likely to move teams up or down on their bubbles in 4A/5A?
There are only a few that matter, pretty much everything on that bubble looks set. Rochester is my last team in 4A, but I don’t see any games where even an upset moves the Rockets up. But if Rochester moves up, that sets up Triad vs Highland 2021 Part IV round 1. I don’t think there would be a better game statewide than that, but I don’t see how Rochester could move up

There are only a few that matter, pretty much everything on that bubble looks set. Rochester is my last team in 4A, but I don’t see any games where even an upset moves the Rockets up. But if Rochester moves up, that sets up Triad vs Highland 2021 Part IV round 1. I don’t think there would be a better game statewide than that, but I don’t see how Rochester could move up
Thanks! Would really enjoy another Highland Triad game. Anyway Morton can push down to 4A as well?

Thanks! Would really enjoy another Highland Triad game. Anyway Morton can push down to 4A as well?
My three smallest teams in 5A are in the northern bracket, so no. I currently have Highland @ Morton round 1(Other MVC games are Dunlap @ Mascoutah and Hillcrest @ Triad)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT