ADVERTISEMENT

Lemont vs. Phillips

Oddy

Aug 28, 2008
I guess there are no fans of either team here. Lemont seems like a very solid team and could give Phillips its first test. No?

Will anyone give them a game? Maybe they'll petition up to 6A next year.

For most of CPS it has been basketball season for a month now and since they petitioned up you won't get the HHS/BBCHS yearly gripe thread. Hell without Phillips to focus on the I8 remembered how much they hate each other and got back to their civil war lol.

Reactions: Voodoo Tatum 21
For what its worth (and that ain't much!) Calpreps has this game a tossup. Phillips 21 Lemont 20

For what its worth (and that ain't much!) Calpreps has this game a tossup. Phillips 21 Lemont 20
From what I saw last year Phillips never kicks PATs so not sure how they are supposed to end up with 21. :)

I saw this and something is off. Calpreps power rating has Phillips a 52.7 to Lemont's 40.4 which translates to a 12 point favorite for Phillips even before the home field is taken into account. I will check with the calprep guys but this is an error.

LOL, so the only one calling for a close game obviously made an error. Being too lazy to look it up, has anyone given them a game?

LOL, so the only one calling for a close game obviously made an error. Being too lazy to look it up, has anyone given them a game?
They beat Loyola 20-14 in the season opener. Loyola is in the 8A final 8. Of course Loyola sent their JV team that game or so they claim.

You guys must not have seen Phillips this year. They have been kicking xtra points this year.

OK, I think you you are right, nobody in 5A will hang with them.

I really don't think Calpreps means they will score EXACTLY 21 points, but I suspect you knew that

Solorio early in the year 14-9, but Phillips waxed them in the playoffs last week in the rematch

I saw Phillips hand the semi game to Johnsburg last year, I guess they aren't doing that this year.

They beat Loyols 20-14 in the season opener. Loyola is in the 8A final 8. Of course Loyola sent their JV team that game or so they claim.
I saw Phillips hand the semi game to Johnsburg last year, I guess they aren't doing that this year.

They still have spells, they had 6 turnovers the first time against Solorio which was why it was so close the first time. I think they will be focused these next 3 games.

Be reminded that Lemont is actually playing "down" a Class this year after many appearances deep into the playoffs in Class 6A in recent seasons while Phillips is playing "up." Not playing at Lemont is a positive for Phillips, however.
Lemont plays very good "team" football even though they may not have the number of "marquee" players as Phillips. Finally, Head Coach Bret Kooi has been around the block a few times given his time at Lockport, LWNorth and maintaining the success at Lemont. Do not dismiss the Indians so quickly.

Would anyone happen to know a Lemont area radio station that will broadcast this game? I know Phillips won't.

I know Phillips has D1 players...we all know that. But Lemont doesn't give up big plays and has a very strong front 7. This will be a close game.

I Have Lemont playing Sterling in the Semis, it will be a good game, Lemont will squeeze out a narrow win against Phillips

Glad to see some love for Lemont finally. Quality program, I have to think it will be a competitive game.

Reactions: ClownBaby
That’s just what you pray happens.

No, I'd be happy to see either team at Sterling, but would prefer to see Phillips and have Sterling get the chance to be the team to knock them out, plus I'd rather see that game anyway, more action!

Be reminded that Lemont is actually playing "down" a Class this year after many appearances deep into the playoffs in Class 6A in recent seasons while Phillips is playing "up." Not playing at Lemont is a positive for Phillips, however.
Lemont plays very good "team" football even though they may not have the number of "marquee" players as Phillips. Finally, Head Coach Bret Kooi has been around the block a few times given his time at Lockport, LWNorth and maintaining the success at Lemont. Do not dismiss the Indians so quickly.

Was going to root for Lemont anyway but based upon your post about the coach I'll predict a 10 point win. You may be just far enough out of the city the Phillips may not try to recruit any disgruntled players off the team.

Reactions: Luca_Brasi
One would think that with all the talent that finds it way to Phillips hallways someone could kick.
But such a skill might be ridiculed. He'll, I went to an HS roughly 12 blocks South by 14 blocks east of Phillips and the crowd booed the soccer team during the homecoming pep rally.

Reactions: dcaudle68
9-0 Phillips at half time. Safety and touchdown. Lemont can't get untracked. Phillips TD on long pass under thrown at the goal line. Receiver adjusted before the DB could.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT