ADVERTISEMENT

Lake Forest 14 Warren 18 Final

homer2424

Nov 23, 2019
LF up 14-6 at the half.

Warren had the ball on the LF 40, 4th and 7 with 7 seconds left. Rather than a Hail Mary or a quick pass to get in FG range they punted. I don’t understand that.

Warren incapable of throwing the ball against an average defense. This does not bode well for the playoffs.

No clue. Doesn’t make any sense unless LF was missing significant players that game. The north suburban is also pretty terrible this year.

Warren marches down the field running the ball. 2 pt conversion was empty backfield and incomplete. I don’t understand that play call given the inability to throw the ball this game.

LF fumbles on their own 5, Warren recovers but ref calls runner down (he wasn’t down). Tough break but they force 3 and out.

These refs have been something, I’ll just leave it at that. Warren punches it in on 4th down from the 1. 2 pt conversion fails

2 personal fouls on Warren D and then a long pass, LF had it inside the 15, 3 incompletions and game over.

On to playoffs with a WIN. Kind of tough playing 2 opponents..... leave it at that. The kids showed resilience under adversity. Good thing for playoffs. Home of six flags. 🙏🏾💪🏾🎢

On to playoffs with a WIN. Kind of tough playing 2 opponents..... leave it at that. The kids showed resilience under adversity. Good thing for playoffs. Home of six flags. 🙏🏾💪🏾🎢
That is a bunch of garbage @micahjones. I know your son played there but do you actually watch these games or do you just wait for the score to be posted? Warren all year long has been a cheap shot, personal foul taking team. Their motto is to break the will of their opponent early knowing the weak schedule they play especially in a weak conference this year will not have the talent to make those penalties hurt. As I said weeks ago this will catch up to them when they're playing good teams, it almost did tonight. Lucero is an average QB playing with a bunch of studs. Good defenses i.e. Maine South and Lake Forest expose his warts. Not gonna be a recipe for deep success come playoff time.

Reactions: BIGR79
That is a bunch of garbage @micahjones. I know your son played there but do you actually watch these games or do you just wait for the score to be posted? Warren all year long has been a cheap shot, personal foul taking team. Their motto is to break the will of their opponent early knowing the weak schedule they play especially in a weak conference this year will not have the talent to make those penalties hurt. As I said weeks ago this will catch up to them when they're playing good teams, it almost did tonight. Lucero is an average QB playing with a bunch of studs. Good defenses i.e. Maine South and Lake Forest expose his warts. Not gonna be a recipe for deep success come playoff time.
I watched the whole game and tonight was none of what you mentioned above.

Couple things.

First, lake forest is legit and will cause issues in 6A
second, Warren had one personal foul penalty - defenseless receiver with :20 seconds to go.

Lucero struggled but made huge plays in the fourth qtr including a third down run for 9 yards to keep a drive goin.

Lastly the officiating was really bad. Yes I cheer for Warren but I’ll call this as I saw it.

Case and point, on a goal line play, the wing officials need to pinch down to verify the ball carrier crossed the line. On a two-point play, Edwards had two thirds of his body and the ball in and neither official moved. Sloppy mechanics is just not acceptable at that level.

It may come to get them at some point, but there weee many factors tonight that contributes to a close game.

The officials didn’t decide this game but many of their calls, mechanics, and communications were poor for a high level high stakes game like that.

Totally agree with Newt. I go to every game. Just curious what team is that much better than Warren? They arguably have the best RB in the state. Very solid defense and pretty efficient pass game. I guess the other super 8A teams ... can just give up points like its Christmas and they are better - really.. LF did not score in the 2nd half .... Warren made half time adjustment. LF waa competitive but wore down in 2nd half with Moe Edwards on the attack. The officiating was not very good. Multiple times a ref from the other side of the field which could not see much through flags. - lots of flags.
Warren will get a high seed. The real fall weather is here ! Home of six flags 🎢

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT