ADVERTISEMENT

Kaneland vs Naperville Central ???

gags33

Gold Member
Sep 12, 2018
If both Hinsdale programs cannot play, would that mean Kaneland and Naperville Central will start the season 1-0? Since the schedules are set, is it a win by forfeit??

Could kaneland and Naperville Central set up a game with no bearing to their record??

If both Hinsdale programs cannot play, would that mean Kaneland and Naperville Central will start the season 1-0? Since the schedules are set, is it a win by forfeit??

Could kaneland and Naperville Central set up a game with no bearing to their record??
You can’t take a forfeit and play a game. You either get a forfeit and don’t play or you schedule a game and give up your forfeit victory.

The question posed could apply to every week of the season. Will everyone that was schedule to play a Hinsdale take a forfeit W?

I like Scotties idea...... Loophole? Freshman could get a game in too.

Can they set up a Saturday “JV” game and just play everyone?

Why not have everyone who had a Hinsdale opponent take the forfeit and play a Friday night "JV" contest instead against each other...At some point I'm guessing that the IHSA would have an opinion on this...And I'm thinking the West Suburban Silver & Gold have thought about a solution to this issue, probably involving the teams playing each other...

Or if the referendum fails to pass and the district decides that instead of dropping football, they go with a co-op, that causes bigger problems for scheduling...

The conference already has a crossover game. If they switch up their schedule and add a second Gold vs. Silver crossover game they don't have to forfeit any games.

Potentially issue is each team has a permenant crossover and a rotating crossover. Based on last year’s schedule, OPRF and Morton would have played back to back weeks

It's been that way as long as I can remember.
1984 Shepard on strike forfeit to Sandburg.Sandburg gets a win.Eisenhower on strike forfeits to Bloom Trail which gets a win.Sandburg plays Bloom Trail and wins but doesn’t count for playoffs but overall records

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT