ADVERTISEMENT

Joliet Catholic 48 Marengo 0 FINAL nm

This is getting embarressing give Marengo a lot of credit for hanging in there. : )

Jaws is already substituting, I sure hope they let the 2nd string play the whole 2nd half.

This is getting embarressing give Marengo a lot of credit for hanging in there. : )

Jaws is already substituting, I sure hope they let the 2nd string play the whole 2nd half.

They could have let that 2nd string play the whole game and they still would have won.

They can probably do that for the whole 4A run.
I always think a team has every right to play in the class their enrollment dictates they should but, as a casual JCA fan, I feel a little cheated JCA isn’t playing up a few classes

I always think a team has every right to play in the class their enrollment dictates they should but, as a casual JCA fan, I feel a little cheated JCA isn’t playing up a few classes
You have every right to feel that way. This is obviously an inordinately talented team, after they win 4A, which they no doubt will, there will be countless debates as to how good this team really is/was. Too bad.

Reactions: rjjtwest
It was an honest and true statement. Relax
And let’s get real about this. Facts you private school fans seem to gloss over. Marengo is a farm town of 8,000. That’s their draw. Joliet is 150,000 and more and kids pay tuition to play football. Wonderful. You should win 4A every year under those circumstances. You won tonight, super. But to say Marengo was not good is a bullshit comment. Sorry Edgy for the vulgarity. Have some some class and act like adults.

And let’s get real about this. Facts you private school fans seem to gloss over. Marengo is a farm town of 8,000. That’s their draw. Joliet is 150,000 and more and kids pay tuition to play football. Wonderful. You should win 4A every year under those circumstances. You won tonight, super. But to say Marengo was not good is a bullshit comment. Sorry Edgy for the vulgarity. Have some some class and act like adults.
Totally agree Great Gig.

Shots fired!!!😱🤣

Reactions: CatholicHigh41
Yeah ok. Adults knocking teams of 16 and 17 year olds as not good. Whatever.
What does their age matter at all? Saying a team is good or bad is a true statement rather it’s a 6yr old tee ball team or a pro football team.

It’s just facts.

If my team loses today by a running clock, which I think they will, that means they are a bad team and anyone can feel free to say that.

Yeah, I get it. Take the win and move on without disparaging your opponent.
That’s the thing…no one making these comments are JCA fans. Marengo was not “our opponent”. Just casual fans pointing out a fact.

You want to get real about this? Here is real:

If Marengo had played 4A #1 seed public school Rochester, instead of #1 seed private school JCA, do you think it wouldn't have been a blowout?

Marengo was shutout in three games this year, all of which were against opponents that are #1 seeds in the playoffs. Two of those opponents were public schools. One of those public schools was a 2A school from a rural community smaller than Marengo.

This was #1 vs #16. Nothing to see here. Move along.

If Marengo had played 4A #1 seed public school Rochester, instead of #1 seed private school JCA, do you think it wouldn't have been a blowout?

Marengo was shutout in three games this year, all of which were against opponents that are #1 seeds in the playoffs. Two of those opponents were public schools. One of those public schools was a 2A school from a rural community smaller than Marengo.

Well said - great post.

I expected a blowout. The original poster said Marengo was brave, but not good. Brave to walk on the field and play the mighty JCA? Not good? Sure. The arrogance is high coming from an adult. That’s all.

Reactions: redmen85
Lol
Your funny. JCA could sleep walk through 4A.
I’m intrigued to see how RB, St Fran, SHG, Rochester match up against them.

I’m not counting out Rochester. Get blown out by Loyola…I have a feeling Derrick will have the troops fired up for the next opp against a similar opponent

There are some very good teams in 4A, Marengo just is not one of them. Brave they are, but good? No.
Yeah, there are some good teams in 4A but as soon as I saw JCA was going to be in 4 A and not 5 A I thought it’s going to be a massacre, and probably running clock everyone. Just like IC will in 3A. Takes the fun out of it for other schools. You should probably just petition up to 7A where it would be more competitive for you. Now don’t get mad at this post, I mean no offense, it’s a compliment of how good the team is.

Reactions: corey90
Yeah, there are some good teams in 4A but as soon as I saw JCA was going to be in 4 A and not 5 A I thought it’s going to be a massacre, and probably running clock everyone. Just like IC will in 3A. Takes the fun out of it for other schools. You should probably just petition up to 7A where it would be more competitive for you. Now don’t get mad at this post, I mean no offense, it’s a compliment of how good the team is.
Precisely. Not a dig against them at all. From a fans standpoint you just want to see a team of this caliber compete at the highest level possible. I was on a 4A championship team when there were 6 classes. For 30 plus years there has been talk in our circle how we would’ve fared against Peoria Richwoods who won 5A, and Mt Carmel, who were the 6A champs. We’ll never know unfortunately.

Reactions: JAYC14
Since when are the classes competitive? There have been massacres in our playoffs since forever.

Takes the fun out of it for other schools? Gimme a break. 31 schools will lose a 4A playoff game. Within all those games over five rounds, there will be massacres, and they won't all meted out by JCA. Deal with it.

Why can't a school be allowed to dominate its own class for one year without people bitching?

Precisely. Not a dig against them at all. From a fans standpoint you just want to see a team of this caliber compete at the highest level possible. I was on a 4A championship team when there were 6 classes. For 30 plus years there has been talk in our circle how we would’ve fared against Peoria Richwoods who won 5A, and Mt Carmel, who were the 6A champs. We’ll never know unfortunately.
Like that almost every year, some years there are 3-4 teams in the north bracket that I think would have beat the team making it to the state game from south bracket because they didn’t have to play JCA or Montini etc… but we’re preaching on the wrong board here. Lol

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT