ADVERTISEMENT

JCA-METAMORA

cocacoaler

Feb 12, 2018
Metamora’s lone loss was a 30-15 outcome against Washington who completely dismantled Providence last night. Does the outcome of that game somehow shake the confidence of those who picked the Hill to win this one tonight? I’m saying this based on the fact that many, in my opinion picked Provi to win solely based on strength of schedule, and I have the inclination many are picking JCA on the same premise.

Metamora’s lone loss was a 30-15 outcome against Washington who completely dismantled Providence last night. Does the outcome of that game somehow shake the confidence of those who picked the Hill to win this one tonight? I’m saying this based on the fact that many, in my opinion picked Provi to win solely based on strength of schedule, and I have the inclination many are picking JCA on the same premise.

You are so correct. The Metamora-Washington score was respectable. Metamora played Washington closer than anyone this year.

Let's fact it, the CCL Blue has a certain mystique and reputation. The CCL Blue badge, however, meant nothing last night vs. Washington.

While not in the CCL Blue, JCA has a similar mystique and reputation - largely based on the impressive history and significance of the program. Beating JCA is a feather in the cap.

Quality downstate opponents foam at the mouth over this stuff. They have a real chip on their shoulder. They don't get the exposure or respect because of their location. They use all of this to their advantage. The Metamora kids are going to be psyched out of their mind to get JCA at home. If that Metamora QB is reasonably healthy, I think the Redbirds cruise in this one.

One of the radio guys on WJOL said Friday night that after watching film of both Washington and Metamora that Washington was a much more physical team. It appears that he was right. I think many people (including a couple above) put way too much emphasis on the 30-15 game between Washington and Metamora.

JCA 49 Metamora 20.
First I wanna say, Hats off to Metamora on their facilities. Top notch field, stands, scoreboard and PA system. The people were so nice also. Class act and a great place to watch a football game from any stands.
Now a recap of the game. For all of you posters who compared the PC game vs Washington game to this game, what do you have to say now? JCA dominated on both lines of scrimmage from the opening snap. Looks like Metamora’s game plan was to shut Keenan Hailey down, but they forgot the other RB Nick Ionnatone. He had 100+ yards on his first six carries before halftime. JCA is not a one trick pony. The offensive line was in sync the whole game opening holes and getting to the linebackers quickly for long runs. The pounding of the rock wore down the d-line by halftime. The defense played good also. They gave up a couple big pass plays but also had a few turnovers in the game also. The knocked metamora’s qb out in the third quarter. The RPO was really non affective vs this defense. The second string went in for JCA with 2:00 left in the third quarter. Metamora scores two touchdowns against the JCA back ups. Question is now, is Washington really that good because they only beat Metamora 30-15? Jca’s Starters scored 49. Jca’s Starting defense let up 7. Don’t answer that question because it’s useless to know. Lol.
I am so glad 0feet0 picked Metamora. I told you that curse is real. Be afraid for his pick next week. Be very afraid. I can hear his pencil sharpening as we speak. Lol

Reactions: Gene K.
JCA 49 Metamora 20.
First I wanna say, Hats off to Metamora on their facilities. Top notch field, stands, scoreboard and PA system. The people were so nice also. Class act and a great place to watch a football game from any stands.
Now a recap of the game. For all of you posters who compared the PC game vs Washington game to this game, what do you have to say now? JCA dominated on both lines of scrimmage from the opening snap. Looks like Metamora’s game plan was to shut Keenan Hailey down, but they forgot the other RB Nick Ionnatone. He had 100+ yards on his first six carries before halftime. JCA is not a one trick pony. The offensive line was in sync the whole game opening holes and getting to the linebackers quickly for long runs. The pounding of the rock wore down the d-line by halftime. The defense played good also. They gave up a couple big pass plays but also had a few turnovers in the game also. The knocked metamora’s qb out in the third quarter. The RPO was really non affective vs this defense. The second string went in for JCA with 2:00 left in the third quarter. Metamora scores two touchdowns against the JCA back ups. Question is now, is Washington really that good because they only beat Metamora 30-15? Jca’s Starters scored 49. Jca’s Starting defense let up 7. Don’t answer that question because it’s useless to know. Lol.
I am so glad 0feet0 picked Metamora. I told you that curse is real. Be afraid for his pick next week. Be very afraid. I can hear his pencil sharpening as we speak. Lol
Always good to hear the break down from JCA’s key spokesman. Was simply drawing a pre game analysis, and trying to draw some thoughts.

Reactions: JCHILLTOPPERS
Btw... Not sure if you’ve touched on this in prior posts, but there is no possible way you played for JC or are a JC alum. Am I correct?

Btw... Not sure if you’ve touched on this in prior posts, but there is no possible way you played for JC or are a JC alum. Am I correct?
Ok genius, please read the post I wrote Thursday or Friday. I’m not going to draw pictures for you because you can’t read or you read what you want too. That was the second time I was questioned about my affiliation to jca. Not going to explain it a third time for you! If you elect to find it and read it, let somebody who knows how to help you, you will see I’m very knowledgeable about this team. About my spelling of nicks name? It was very late when I got in from Metamora and just wanted to get an update on here because a poster asked. If you had a problem with my break down of the game, please post why? If you want to talk about this team in detail to test my knowledge, I look forward to it. If your worried about my spelling of last names? Deal with it!!!
One more thing, obviously you no nothing about playoffs or This jca team, since YOU, were the one that said JCA was one and done after seeing providence play. Stand up and put your big boy pants on and say JCA surprised you or if you hate JCA so much, say how bad Metamora is. I’ve taken my lumps on this forum. But I never hide by pointing out misspelled last names and call out anyone about their highschool or affiliation. That is just grammar school crap. By the way, USD called you out and you said nothing to him. Do use a favor, stick with your team, coal city or whoever you root for and leave the JCA analysis to people who go to every game like me.

Last edited:
Reactions: jobare56
Ok genius, please read the post I wrote Thursday or Friday. I’m not going to draw pictures for you because you can’t read or you read what you want too. That was the second time I was questioned about my affiliation to jca. Not going to explain it a third time for you! If you elect to find it and read it, let somebody who knows how to help you, you will see I’m very knowledgeable about this team. About my spelling of nicks name? It was very late when I got in from Metamora and just wanted to get an update on here because a poster asked. If you had a problem with my break down of the game, please post why? If you want to talk about this team in detail to test my knowledge, I look forward to it. If your worried about my spelling of last names? Deal with it!!!
One more thing, obviously you no nothing about playoffs or This jca team, since YOU, were the one that said JCA was win and down after seeing providence play. Stand up and put your big boy pants on and say JCA surprised you or if you hate JCA so much, say how bad Metamora is. I’ve taken my lumps on this forum. But I never hide by pointing out misspelled last names and call out anyone about their highschool or affiliation. That is just grammar school crap. By the way, USD called you out and you said nothing to him. Do use a favor, stick with your team, coal city or whoever you root for and leave the JCA analysis to people who go to every game like me.
No Sanka today and you got regular coffee?

Reactions: Jchill-1
Also... it’s Iannantone. I’m sure his parents appreciate it
As far as spelling nicks name? I know nick and his parents. I know they would not be mad if me or anyone else spells their name wrong as long as what’s wrote about their son was positive. He’s a kid that is extremely happy to be contributing and carrying the ball. He has only a handful of carries since freshmen year. He’s a great kid and a hard worker like the rest of the seniors on this team. Good to see his name in the paper and I will check to make sure they spelled his name right Just for you. If they didn’t, I will call the paper and tell them to expect a phone call for a correction and their credentials to write and cover JCA. Lmao. So go troll south of I-80. By the way, where’s your recap of your team????? Never mind, nobody would read it.

Kinda harsh reply J-chill. I didn't get any disrespect for JCA from cocacoaler. Glad to see that JCA won though.
It was disrespect to me and jca. He’s the one who said after seeing providence play, he sees jca one and done. Then attacked me. Please read whole post. Want to discuss X’s and O’s.

Negative sir. Read the post. I merely asked if after the Provi- Washington game, were people’s confidence diminished because of the thought that Provi would roll because of strength of schedule. Someone responded to my post and said they were one and done. I have a lot of friends at JCA, and always root for them. Sorry if you misunderstood, but then again, I’m not the least bit surprised.

Reactions: Gene K.
Lol... how was the coaching in last nights win?
Finally, a good question coca which I did comment on in another post earlier this morning. But just for you, I will be glad to answer that for you. In my opinion, coach jaws changed the look up enough to make a difference. We did not run the wing 100% of the time like the IC game and some of the other games. He changed up formations more often then any time during the regular season. Was a pleasant surprise to us in the stands. Well welcomed. There was times, for example, ball on 1 yard line and the offensive line dominating the line of scrimmage, coach calls for qb end around. Next play shotgun hand off. Why? Qb sneak it and be done with it. There’s more instances but didn’t affect the outcome. But over all, my opinion, much better then we are used to seeing. Hope for much of the same moving forward. But coach jaws called a good game. Thanks for the football question. Go Hill!!!!!

Finally, a good question coca which I did comment on in another post earlier this morning. But just for you, I will be glad to answer that for you. In my opinion, coach jaws changed the look up enough to make a difference. We did not run the wing 100% of the time like the IC game and some of the other games. He changed up formations more often then any time during the regular season. Was a pleasant surprise to us in the stands. Well welcomed. There was times, for example, ball on 1 yard line and the offensive line dominating the line of scrimmage, coach calls for qb end around. Next play shotgun hand off. Why? Qb sneak it and be done with it. There’s more instances but didn’t affect the outcome. But over all, my opinion, much better then we are used to seeing. Hope for much of the same moving forward. But coach jaws called a good game. Thanks for the football question. Go Hill!!!!!
Clown

Reactions: cocacoaler
I’m still waiting for my apology, because I never said JCA would be one and done.. lol.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT