ADVERTISEMENT

JCA/BR

Hofman

Nov 8, 2001
What a wonderful game and an incredible show of sportsmanship from both sides. This was the great side of this board!! BR players hugging JCA players before game is over is one of the damn classiest things I have seen in a while. JCA also did no showboating. In a game I expected flags all night for unsportsmanlike conduct just showed me how jaded I have become.
The posters also were great. Each side did some respectful smack talk about how their team would win but when it was decided, the BR people were so complimentary. I see no-one beating that BR offense the rest of the year. I for one have become a Crusader fane except when JCA and they collide some time in the future. Thank you all for a great game and a great variety of posts.
To the one poster who kept complaining no one played defense against these teams all year, I would love to have his school play either so they could see what a running clock against them looks like after the 3rd quarter starts.

PS... Gotta say that BR QB is the best I have seen since Brasic from Riverside Brookfield.

THAT YOU ALL!!

What a wonderful game and an incredible show of sportsmanship from both sides. This was the great side of this board!! BR players hugging JCA players before game is over is one of the damn classiest things I have seen in a while. JCA also did no showboating. In a game I expected flags all night for unsportsmanlike conduct just showed me how jaded I have become.
The posters also were great. Each side did some respectful smack talk about how their team would win but when it was decided, the BR people were so complimentary. I see no-one beating that BR offense the rest of the year. I for one have become a Crusader fane except when JCA and they collide some time in the future. Thank you all for a great game and a great variety of posts.
To the one poster who kept complaining no one played defense against these teams all year, I would love to have his school play either so they could see what a running clock against them looks like after the 3rd quarter starts.

PS... Gotta say that BR QB is the best I have seen since Brasic from Riverside Brookfield.

THAT YOU ALL!!

Slow your roll Hofman
Let’s look at it from an outsiders view that isn’t biased.

*First-it was a great win for JCA congratulations to all the JCA players, coaches and fans. Also congratulations to BR for making it a great game. BR doesn’t back down from anyone.
*Second-it was great to see the kids and fans showing class.
*Third-it was a great game to watch if you love offense.
*Forth-they scored a combined 105 points in the game, show me where either team stepped up and played defense?
*Fifth-You maybe right, BR maybe they will meet in the playoffs? We can only hope. 😊

im not so sure a full watch of the game shows it was one where offense was overwhelming defenses...

On side kick conversions lead to extra possessions...so do Ints..., and both shorten the field...there were a few of those.

Also, add in you may have had the two best offensive players in the state commanding each team.

Last, consider jaws called up a great play action pass that contributed to a 70 yard chunk play and that Lausch completed about a 45 yard hail mary like pass on 4th and long.

Scores and yardage can be conceiving. I was actually quite impressed with JCA's defense, which I would give player of the game to.

I would say i was taken a bit aback also, by the sportsmanship...having notice only a few bits of pushing and shoving (which you should have) and the hugs etc before the game clock expired.

• Love
Reactions: Gene K.
Slow your roll Hofman
Let’s look at it from an outsiders view that isn’t biased.

*First-it was a great win for JCA congratulations to all the JCA players, coaches and fans. Also congratulations to BR for making it a great game. BR doesn’t back down from anyone.
*Second-it was great to see the kids and fans showing class.
*Third-it was a great game to watch if you love offense.
*Forth-they scored a combined 105 points in the game, show me where either team stepped up and played defense?
*Fifth-You maybe right, BR maybe they will meet in the playoffs? We can only hope. 😊
No need for the slow your roll comment. I am sorry if you thought I was trying to bust you. It was more in the spirit of walk a mile in another man's shoes before you criticize.. Just on a team level. In other words if you believe your team has a great defense, it would be great if they could play either of these teams to test your theory that the defenses were poor. I am not sure if you watched the game but the JCA def line played in BR backfield the whole night. I thought they were awesome. Trouble was Lause (sp) was so damn fast and had unbelievable field vision that he would be chased back and forth for 10 seconds and still find a man open downfield and then on the run hit him in the numbers. I meant no disrespect my man.

Reactions: corey90
No need for the slow your roll comment. I am sorry if you thought I was trying to bust you. It was more in the spirit of walk a mile in another man's shoes before you criticize.. Just on a team level. In other words if you believe your team has a great defense, it would be great if they could play either of these teams to test your theory that the defenses were poor. I am not sure if you watched the game but the JCA def line played in BR backfield the whole night. I thought they were awesome. Trouble was Lause (sp) was so damn fast and had unbelievable field vision that he would be chased back and forth for 10 seconds and still find a man open downfield and then on the run hit him in the numbers. I meant no disrespect my man.

How has OP never heard of JJ McCarthy or Payton Thorne?
If this is for me Irish and these are other great QB's, I just had never seen them. And I am pretty sure i just commented on kids I have seen in 30 years. If one is your son, SORRY!! ;)

Reactions: Dual-triple_threat
If this is for me Irish and these are other great QB's, I just had never seen them. And I am pretty sure i just commented on kids I have seen in 30 years. If one is your son, SORRY!! ;)
Where’s the rock you live under located?

Reactions: firefighter47
No disrespect were good.
By the way my team is LWE and no they are not the defense we fans have come to expect from East. This group is very young but they are growing better with each week. I expect this next game against Lockport will tell us plenty on where they are as a team. East will cause trouble before the season is over. I doubt anyone wants East for their first playoff game. I do expect the Griffins to be very good next year with all the returning starters. Good luck on the rest of your season.

Gotta be a bot.
Hey Irish. I think I am going to apologize. At first I thought you were being a jerk and I get the strong feeling you thought I was. Pretty sure we were both wrong now that I re-read it a day later. Words can't show inflection in a voice. Anyway, If I pissed you off which I probably did then it is my bad!

Hey Irish. I think I am going to apologize. At first I thought you were being a jerk and I get the strong feeling you thought I was. Pretty sure we were both wrong now that I re-read it a day later. Words can't show inflection in a voice. Anyway, If I pissed you off which I probably did then it is my bad!
No brother all in good fun. No malice intended anywhere in my messages and I don’t take any offense to anything you said. All good man.

Reactions: Bowie50
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT