ADVERTISEMENT

JCA 56 Brother Rice 49 FINAL

JCA has scored every possession except when they got the ball at the 20 with 21 seconds left before the half.

Brother Rice has been stopped twice including Int right before the half in the end zone. the difference in this game is Brother Rice's onside kick and recovery at the beginning of the game.

Reactions: crusaderpride
JCA has scored every possession except when they got the ball at the 20 with 21 seconds left before the half.

Brother Rice has been stopped twice including Int right before the half in the end zone. the difference in this game is
Brother Rice's onside kick and recovery at the beginning of the game.
The JCA Varsity coaches didn't pay close enough attention to the sophomore where Brother Rice did the exact same thing with the on-side kick at the beginning of the game. AND since Brother Rice can't stop JCA's offense they better expect to see more on-side kicks from BR.

JCA's defense intends to hold Brother Rice scoreless in the 2nd half. They are really fired up. : )

JCA is a great team with an amazing offense. Congratulations on a game well played. Best backfield I’ve seen in years, and their quarterback isn’t any slouch either.

Better coached and tougher team won. Congrats to JC. Never seen such a disorganized Rice D. Time for Rice to ask Holy Redeemer coach to come on staff and show Rice fundamentals of tackling, fighting off blocks and proper alignments.

Reactions: Blue Ruin
Nothing like good old fashioned 3 yards and a cloud of dust CCL football. Sounds like an exciting game. Looking forward to watching it.

Reactions: Gene K. and Bowie50
I personally didn't like that Brother Rice did that on-side kick at the beginning of the game, but it's legal and part of the game and JCA should have been better prepared for it especially since they did the exact same thing yesterday to start the sophomore game.

Apparently the JCA players didn't like it either. OK we'll spot you 14 points right off the get-go on your home field but now you gotta deal with a bunch of pissed off Hilltoppers. : )

Reactions: ESCC Alum
Nothing like good old fashioned 3 yards and a cloud of dust CCL football. Sounds like an exciting game. Looking forward to watching it.
It was more like 9 yards and a cloud of dust, I would bet JCA averaged 8-9 yards per carry.

Reactions: eireog
Sounds like 4A and 6A crowns are already determined. Will we just have 6 games on Thanksgiving weekend?

• Haha
Reactions: Gene K.
Worst BR defense in recent memory.
During the LA game I commented that this might be the best BR team in 15 years. While I think their offense is fantastic, after the LA game, the MC game and now this game, I think that their defense is what keeps them from being in that discussion. They are exceptional on one side of the ball and underachieving on the other side. Still think they can make a run, if you’ve got a QB, you’ve got a chance.

During the LA game I commented that this might be the best BR team in 15 years. While I think their offense is fantastic, after the LA game, the MC game and now this game, I think that their defense is what keeps them from being in that discussion. They are exceptional on one side of the ball and underachieving on the other side. Still think they can make a run, if you’ve got a QB, you’ve got a chance.
Agreed. Not sure if it's the new DC or just not good up front. Not having Shaw hurt tonight also.

Still got 2 weeks to get that defense ready. This is where I love what MS does. It gets to playoffs they shorten up the bench. I saw them do it numerous times. Get your best players going two ways. Not the whole season, but when it gets to playoffs. Even in the playoffs it’s not the whole game 2 ways but when you need it you have your best players on the field.

I would think it was even more. Maybe 10-12. Anderson is an absolute stud, and his counterpart with the Italian name is pretty damn good also.
His older brother was a one-man show against Montini in 2018 championship game and rushed for over 300 yards when JCA's star RB was hurt early in the game. It was then that I learned Nick Innatone (-sp) had a younger brother Vinny. World meet #28 Vinny Iannatone, Vinny meet the World. : ) He and his brother are as tough as they come.

Nick and Vinny Iannantone, that's the correct spelling. (I think) I just call them Nick and Vinny.

Last edited:
Agreed. Not sure if it's the new DC or just not good up front. Not having Shaw hurt tonight also.
Br has had a good defense under badke one time in 18. Besides that they have always been brutal in 19 they made a deep playoff run because they luck out and had the easiest ride to the semis in recent memory. Their offense has always been elite . But come playoff time you need to be able to stop somebody.

It is rather amazing how bad the defense is, JCA is awesome and so is Loyola but at home to get hammered that bad yikes. Marist at home will put up 50. Literally did not stop JCA or Loyola at home even a little.

Reactions: Ssczar7676
Couldn’t agree with you more caravan8, I will add JCA defense is very suspect. BR was the first good team they have played and they gave up 49 points. I give them total props for the win but I don’t see either of these teams as great. Good but not great, both have great offense but lack a great defense. The old saying defense wins championships. Yes JCA will win state in 4A easily. IMO if they played an 8A schedule and then played in the 8A playoffs it would be a different story.

Reactions: NapervilleBuck
Lausch is as good at defense as he is at offense.
He was an all conference safety as a Sophomore! I stated earlier in the week and stand by losing Myles Jones and Ryan Whalen really is showing, you had two powerful forces from the inside and outside that had to be accounted for each play, that part of the game is missing this year.
LA, MC and JCA all have massive lines but either Pierce is playing hurt, or he’s just getting overrun right now.
BRs offense is outstanding, but it’s been a warm fall, it’s going to start getting cold and that’s when these high powered finesse offenses start to slow down, especially in bad weather (see Naz in the 2019 State game). To state the obvious they have to do something on defense.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT