ADVERTISEMENT

JCA 48 DLS 14

USD24

Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Joliet
JC breezed in this game. Scored on first play from scrimmage on long run and didnt look back. Went up 48-6 on first drive of second half and starters sat entire second half. Offense was impressive without Anderson. Hoping he is back for next week vs PC. JCA JV won 56-0.

Reactions: crusader_of_90
The renewed rivalry game with PC has taken on added significance, IMO. The Celtics seem to be much better than many predicted. Impressive win over Fenwick last night.

The renewed rivalry game with PC has taken on added significance, IMO. The Celtics seem to be much better than many predicted. Impressive win over Fenwick last night.
The Hilltoppers seem to be as good as many predicted.

Reactions: pjjp
It’s really unfortunate that they are down in 4A. I think they run the table pretty easily, no disrespect to SHG.
With ESL now in 6A, the top of 4A (Richmond-Burton, St. Francis, SHG etc.) is as good as top 5A teams (Rochester, Provi, Fenwick, Marmion etc.).

With ESL now in 6A, the top of 4A (Richmond-Burton, St. Francis, SHG etc.) is as good as top 5A teams (Rochester, Provi, Fenwick, Marmion etc.).
As talent laden, and physically impressive as they are, I’d like to see them up in 6A. No knock on them, enrollment is what is is.

Reactions: USD24 and corey90
Agreed. With ESL up and Rochester possibly not the Rochester of old, 5A looks to be open for a less than dominant team to make a run to the title. It could still be Rochester, but if not, there are a handful of teams nobody likely saw as title threats who could win it. And if Rochester somehow drops to 4A, 4A becomes even more fun and 5A has an even bigger void at the top.

Reactions: pjjp
I feel bad for PC, they invested a lot in Vaughn, he was there starter for three years and really would have been a difference maker on this team, especially with them performing better then expected. The reason for transferring was laughable in my opinion...but most of them are.

I feel bad for PC, they invested a lot in Vaughn, he was there starter for three years and really would have been a difference maker on this team, especially with them performing better then expected. The reason for transferring was laughable in my opinion...but most of them are.
Was Boersma's laughable?

Was Boersma's laughable?
Yeah, Somewhat. He didn’t come up with any reason like Covid, but he wanted to wrestle for MC and they moved the distance required, the fact that he’s an outstanding football player as well is just a bonus. I’ve stated it many times on here, I’m not bias when I smell BS, MC included. Boersma didn’t say a word on social media though and throw out skeptical reasons. When you do that, you open yourself up for people to criticize. People shouldn’t have to make up lies or uproot or separate families if they just want a change, but that’s what they have to do.

Yeah, Somewhat. He didn’t come up with any reason like Covid, but he wanted to wrestle for MC and they moved the distance required, the fact that he’s an outstanding football player as well is just a bonus. I’ve stated it many times on here, I’m not bias when I smell BS, MC included. Boersma didn’t say a word on social media though and throw out skeptical reasons. When you do that, you open yourself up for people to criticize. People shouldn’t have to make up lies or uproot or separate families if they just want a change, but that’s what they have to do.
So the Boersma family’s move so their son could wrestle for MC was more legit than the Vaughn family’s move so their son could play football at BR. In your opinion. And don’t use Covid as a reason. Noted. Thanks.

• Haha
Reactions: McCaravan
So the Boersma family’s move so their son could wrestle for MC was more legit than the Vaughn family’s move so their son could play football at BR. In your opinion. And don’t use Covid as a reason. Noted. Thanks.
I didn’t say that at all, re-read what I wrote. Never said it was OK, just said he didn’t cook up and broadcast on social media what I believe to be a laughable excuse. You want to believe his reason, go ahead, I don’t have to believe it, Doesn’t matter what either of us think, if he wants to play Football for BR, great, I just laugh at these excuses he and many many other transfers to different schools, MC included, give as their reasons. I get lied to daily at work, I’m good at calling BS.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Gene K.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT