ADVERTISEMENT

JCA 42 Benet 20 FINAL

Benet fighting for their playoff lives. Maybe they have a shot here?

This game would help Benet but big one is Naz next week is the one that matters. Thought something that they are getting banged up a bit now too so who knows. Only need one of the two sitting at 4-3 today should have plenty of points with 5 wins maybe 4. Every team they have played other than ND and Marian have qualified or should qualify tonight for the playoffs

Reactions: USD24
Thank God for #28 Vinny Ianinitone (-sp) and the Junior QB is playing pretty good also. Although I have seen Vinny limping after a few plays also.

Fun game but JCA made the big plays when they needed too. Until that last score difference in the game was two short fields for JCA on Benet mistakes and a big punt return.

You’ll have plenty of time to relax during JCA’s 4A playoff run.
I don’t know. Maybe round 1 and possibly 2. Not sure the extent of these injuries but they can make a dominant machine look pedestrian. Voss is a huge playmaker. Didn’t get a good look at the injury but hoping nothing big. Anderson needs to get to 100 percent soon.

and biggest loss could be purchase the linebacker and sometimes tight end. Without him, the defense looks just a step slower, which is huge. Anyone know the length on his injury? Season?

if all three are out or far from 100 for an extended period of time, Francis, r-b, Rochester, SHG, Rochester, etc have quite the opportunity.

Reactions: Crispy Linnetta
I wish JCA would stop giving up 2 TD's to start the game just to make it interesting.
and
I hope the QB Voss is OK, even though the Junior played very well.

and biggest loss could be purchase the linebacker and sometimes tight end. Without him, the defense looks just a step slower, which is huge. Anyone know the length on his injury? Season?
All I heard is that it's a leg injury of some sort and he Might be back this season.

Voss was at the hospital with the Benet safety. Sounds like they banged heads on the same play. I think it was the first JCA punt there was a big hit on the Benet returner

All I heard is that it's a leg injury of some sort and he Might be back this season.
Purchase is out for the year. JC was also without one of its best D linemen. Schlagader (sp), the junior QB is a real nice player. Good size, very good arm and a 3 sport athlete. Will end up being a d1 pitcher in baseball. Benet played a tough game. JC just wore them out. As difficult as the game seemed, JC did outscore Benet 42-7 after the 9 minute mark in the first quarter and could of scored another TD but took a knee inside the 10 to end the game. That being said, the game did not have the feel of a blow out at any point. The Hilltoppers did play a little flat, maybe a hangover from the Rice game. Iannantone runs unbelievably hard and is just a great back. With 3 key starters out and Anderson clearly not at 100%, I think the Hillmen demonstrated their depth tonight with a hard fought win.

Voss was at the hospital with the Benet safety. Sounds like they banged heads on the same play. I think it was the first JCA punt there was a big hit on the Benet returner
Even though the Junior QB played extremely well, I hope it's nothing serious just precautionary. It's nice that the Junior (I'm not even going to try his name) got some good experience and reps, I would hate to lose Voss. You could see him gaining confidence as the game progressed, he just looked like he was more relaxed and had more swagger by the 4th quarter. Good to see.

Purchase is out for the year. JC was also without one of its best D linemen. Schlagader (sp), the junior QB is a real nice player. Good size, very good arm and a 3 sport athlete. Will end up being a d1 pitcher in baseball. Benet played a tough game. JC just wore them out. As difficult as the game seemed, JC did outscore Benet 42-7 after the 9 minute mark in the first quarter and could of scored another TD but took a knee inside the 10 to end the game. That being said, the game did not have the feel of a blow out at any point. The Hilltoppers did play a little flat, maybe a hangover from the Rice game. Iannantone runs unbelievably hard and is just a great back. With 3 key starters out and Anderson clearly not at 100%, I think the Hillmen demonstrated their depth tonight with a hard fought win.
Yeah I saw 2 articles on the school Facebook page(s). The 1st one said specifically Purchase was out for the year, but the 2nd either said or had a comment that he may be back in the playoffs. And all I have heard so far is that it was a leg injury with no specifics.

Yeah I saw 2 articles on the school Facebook page(s). The 1st one said specifically Purchase was out for the year, but the 2nd either said or had a comment that he may be back in the playoffs. And all I have heard so far is that it was a leg injury with no specifics.
The letdown after last week was not surprising.
A good game for the Hilltoppers to have behind them.
Bobbling the opening kickoff and being pinned deep plus the mental errors early gave Benet early momentum.
Benet having no game and two weeks to prepare for the Hilltoppers' ground game was evident early in the game as they jammed the gaps while loading the box.
Anderson appeared to have tweaked his injury, then with Voss going down and no Purchase to seal the end on Off-Tackle plays, it seems Jaws went conservative and protected the Junior QB from having to do too much.
He let his Senior RBs and OL carry the load to win it --- MVP Vinny!
Had Voss been in the game Jaws would have likely used more wide sets, opened up the running lanes and aerial attack early to loosen up Benet's Defense.
IMO, it was a good approach.
With DL Powell & JB Purchase out the D seemed a bit out sink.
Considering Benet scoring was 2 early TDs and a low percentage over the top deep completion for a TD to start the 2nd Half (seemed like a long Halftime), the D stepped up.
They wore down Benet's OL, shut down the Benet run pretty well and put a lot pressure on the QB.
The coaches have the opportunity to use this week as a reset.

With Jordan, Aiden, Vinny dealing with injury's and purchase being possibly out for the year is concerning going deep into the playoffs!

With Jordan, Aiden, Vinny dealing with injury's and purchase being possibly out for the year is concerning going deep into the playoffs!
Also, it's gonna be interesting to see how jaws approaches this upcoming game against montini as far as resting key players since jca can afford to lose this game as much as it would be nice to win out!

Also, it's gonna be interesting to see how jaws approaches this upcoming game against montini as far as resting key players since jca can afford to lose this game as much as it would be nice to win out!
JCA can rest everybody the first round of the playoffs.

JCA can rest everybody the first round of the playoffs.
Sure, but will that be enough time to get everyone back healthy for round 2 or 3? If we have starting QB out along with two RB’s nowhere near full speed and a missing huge piece on defense, we are a wounded bear. Still capable of winning any game, but the vultures will be emboldened.

really hoping to get the offensive backfield back intact and 100 percent within the next 2 to 3 weeks. Will have to figure out something on defense to help the defense play faster without one of their biggest playmakers.

All the other fan bases who don’t follow JC or 4A football saying JC will have their way with 4A will be quite surprised when they see JC in some slug fests after round one.

Reactions: rjjtwest
Sure, but will that be enough time to get everyone back healthy for round 2 or 3? If we have starting QB out along with two RB’s nowhere near full speed and a missing huge piece on defense, we are a wounded bear. Still capable of winning any game, but the vultures will be emboldened.

really hoping to get the offensive backfield back intact and 100 percent within the next 2 to 3 weeks. Will have to figure out something on defense to help the defense play faster without one of their biggest playmakers.

All the other fan bases who don’t follow JC or 4A football saying JC will have their way with 4A will be quite surprised when they see JC in some slug fests after round one.
Exactly

I will be interested to see how JCA approaches the Montini game as well. Will they sit some players? I recall in 2018, JCA was 4-4 entering week 9 against a very good ND team. ND sat their star RB, Ty Gavin, which contributed to the Hilltoppers win. Montini is in a similar situation as the 2018 JCA team. I'm guessing Montini will make the playoffs if they can get to 4 wins....given the playoff points they will have.

Last edited:
Reactions: rjjtwest
I will be interested to see how JCA approaches the Montini game as well. Will they sit some players? I recall in 2018, JCA was 4-4 entering week 9 against a very good ND team. ND sat their star RB, Ty Gavin, which contributed to the Hilltoppers win. Montini is in a similar situation as the 2018 JCA team. I'm guessing Montini will make the playoffs if they can get to 4 wins....given the playoff points they will have.
Montini had 40 Playoff Points going into this past weekend.
4 wins and they are in.
IMO, it is Montini and Jaws will play to win.
Only injured (not hurting) players will not play.
Their teammates deserve a best effort to go into the playoffs at 9-0.
Never lay down.

This is what I expect as well.
Agreed. I just don’t know where the line between injured and hurt is drawn. Like, can Anderson be on the field? I’m sure. But if he is only capable of six carries and some blocking, is it worth even having him play with limited responsibilities when he could be resting and getting back to full go in a week or two? But maybe he is already at full speed and it’s a moot point.

I saw Voss was said to be fine by his family on JCA social media which is great, just needs some rest. How much rest is required is the big question. I have to imagine he is rested at least this week. Hoping he can be cleared for Round one.

who was the defensive lineman who was out last week? Possibly back soon?

Agreed. I just don’t know where the line between injured and hurt is drawn. Like, can Anderson be on the field? I’m sure. But if he is only capable of six carries and some blocking, is it worth even having him play with limited responsibilities when he could be resting and getting back to full go in a week or two? But maybe he is already at full speed and it’s a moot point.

I saw Voss was said to be fine by his family on JCA social media which is great, just needs some rest. How much rest is required is the big question. I have to imagine he is rested at least this week. Hoping he can be cleared for Round one.

who was the defensive lineman who was out last week? Possibly back soon?
DT #17 Hunter Powell did not play against Benet. Not sure of his status.

I agree it is a fine line regarding injured and hurt. I'd be inclined to sit Anderson, if he is as limited as he was against Benet. I would think you want him as healthy as possible for the playoffs.

IMO, the biggest bright spot of the Benet game was the play of Jr. QB Schlageter. He looks like he can make all throws. He had nice zip on his passes when needed, and the touch pass to Anderson may have been his most impressive throw.

Are/is Anderson's injury the same injury from spring and this season? Seems like JCA has been without his services a bit both this spring and fall.

Are/is Anderson's injury the same injury from spring and this season? Seems like JCA has been without his services a bit both this spring and fall.
I’m not in the know, just watch most of the games.

but I don’t recall anything really slowing him in the spring. He ran for 1000 yards in 6 games and I believe he was at or over 100 in each game. So if he was slowed in the spring season, it certainly didn’t show.

no idea on the current injury connection to the one earlier in the season. For what it’s worth, I read an article mentioning a different body part than the previous injury, so I’m hoping it’s a different injury. And one that heals super fast!

DT #17 Hunter Powell did not play against Benet. Not sure of his status.

I agree it is a fine line regarding injured and hurt. I'd be inclined to sit Anderson, if he is as limited as he was against Benet. I would think you want him as healthy as possible for the playoffs.

IMO, the biggest bright spot of the Benet game was the play of Jr. QB Schlageter. He looks like he can make all throws. He had nice zip on his passes when needed, and the touch pass to Anderson may have been his most impressive throw.
Missing perhaps the biggest impact players on the DL and at LB certainly explains why the defense looked a step slower Friday. Really hoping to get Powell back. With purchase out, the defense is really going to look quite different. So we need everyone else available and flying around to make up for it .

Missing perhaps the biggest impact players on the DL and at LB certainly explains why the defense looked a step slower Friday. Really hoping to get Powell back. With purchase out, the defense is really going to look quite different. So we need everyone else available and flying around to make up for it .
With that being said, I thought the defense played well in the second half. After the initial long play on the first drive, the defense gave up nothing. It should be noted that as much of a "struggle" people felt the benet game was, JC outscored them 42-7 after the middle of the first quarter and would have scored another TD had they not taken a knee to end the game inside the 10.

Reactions: RockSoup
With that being said, I thought the defense played well in the second half. After the initial long play on the first drive, the defense gave up nothing. It should be noted that as much of a "struggle" people felt the benet game was, JC outscored them 42-7 after the middle of the first quarter and would have scored another TD had they not taken a knee to end the game inside the 10.
Very true. Also, Benet tends to match up fairly well with JC. They generally have big, physical teams and compete well at the LOS. They tend to struggle to match up with speed teams, which does not bode well for them against a revitalized Naz team in Week 9.

Very true. Also, Benet tends to match up fairly well with JC. They generally have big, physical teams and compete well at the LOS. They tend to struggle to match up with speed teams, which does not bode well for them against a revitalized Naz team in Week 9.
I thought they had Montini in week 9, AKA this week?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT