ADVERTISEMENT

Is The BIG10 Coming Back this Fall?

Well, when you deal with cynical people hiding in their basements, this is what you get.

In fact I have a very nice basement, thanks for asking.. If people like you would have taken this more seriously back in March, perhaps we would have football now. But I guess that would infringe on your freedoms... So I will continue to live in my basement until this is over. Good luck and hope you stay healthy

In fact I have a very nice basement, thanks for asking.. If people like you would have taken this more seriously back in March, perhaps we would have football now. But I guess that would infringe on your freedoms... So I will continue to live in my basement until this is over. Good luck and hope you stay healthy
I think most everybody did exactly what was expected for the first 30-60 days. Then the goal posts started shifting and the hypocrisy started becoming more noticeable. We did exactly what was needed and that was to lessen the load on the hospitals and not run out of ventilators. We are in pretty good shape as far as that is concerned.

This type of response needs to be checked too. Take a look around at the other countries that have had the most stringent, hard core lockdown populations and masks. Peru is a good example. Outbreak still going nuts. It would NEVER have mattered if everyone took it more seriously in March. I'd argue that we will never get as high compliance to adhering to rules as a nation as we did March to May then we will ever get again. Peru and other countries are showing what many have always known: once a virus has an outbreak, it's over. There's no true mitigation, no real slowing it down. The virus is going to do virus things.

Reactions: Kevin JCHS 81
This type of response needs to be checked too. Take a look around at the other countries that have had the most stringent, hard core lockdown populations and masks. Peru is a good example. Outbreak still going nuts. It would NEVER have mattered if everyone took it more seriously in March. I'd argue that we will never get as high compliance to adhering to rules as a nation as we did March to May then we will ever get again. Peru and other countries are showing what many have always known: once a virus has an outbreak, it's over. There's no true mitigation, no real slowing it down. The virus is going to do virus things.
In fact at one time Dr. Ezike actually said they didn't expect people to adhere to the restrictions as much as they did.

Peru is a "fits your narrative" example. Would you like to look at Italy instead? Or the UK?

First of all I never asked about your basement. I couldn't care less. Secondly I do take it seriously. I have said so many times right here for you to read. Obviously you can't read and comprehend. I have said I take it seriously and I take proper precautions. But I also choose life over fear. You are the type who would have built a bomb shelter in the late 50s worrying about a bomb that never came.

my problem with all of this are the flat out lies and misinformation designed to scare the hell out of people. And with you it worked. Another beautiful day today. Going to go out and enjoy it. going to Michigan to pick apples and enjoy the rest. Enjoy your bomb shelter.

First of all I never asked about your basement. I couldn't care less. Secondly I do take it seriously. I have said so many times right here for you to read. Obviously you can't read and comprehend. I have said I take it seriously and I take proper precautions. But I also choose life over fear. You are the type who would have built a bomb shelter in the late 50s worrying about a bomb that never came.

my problem with all of this are the flat out lies and misinformation designed to scare the hell out of people. And with you it worked. Another beautiful day today. Going to go out and enjoy it. going to Michigan to pick apples and enjoy the rest. Enjoy your bomb shelter.
What an uplifting, inspirational post from someone who consistently demonstrates how much he enjoys life. LOL

Peru is a "fits your narrative" example. Would you like to look at Italy instead? Or the UK?

Italy reopened in July and this week has started going back into lock down due to cases surging. So I guess by all objective measures we are doing much better than they are.

UK is doing better but overall their numbers are still worse than our.

USA Fatality rate 3.02%
UK Fatality rate 12.2%
Italy Fatality rate 13.01%

We have more cases but but out recovery rates are much better.

Last edited:

Aside from the UK stats above, you can also add Mexico too. They are on track in the next week or so to pass the USA in deaths per population. They've had curfews since April, hard lockdowns, mandatory masks in most of their states. It doesn't matter. Still ripping through the population.

I think the Illini experience should be watched closely. The thorough testing program in C-U shows the weakness in the entire system...too many people just ignore the problem. Individuals test positive and don't isolate. And the source of the problem is not the bars & restaurants, its the private parties.

Now if the Governor would look at these statistics and realize closing the bars & restaurants causes people to undertake higher risk activity - private parties - the state should be opening the bars instead of closing them. Closing bars at 11 means the package liquor outlets are still open - so instead of going home to bed they are going to after hours parties. No bouncers, no bartenders, no one enforcing social distancing.

It seems as if the Big Ten schools are trending towards remote learning after Thanksgiving. As such, running the core of the football "season" while the students are gone from late November through January would make considerable sense. Do season openers the week before the students go home, maybe regional dome games instead of bowl games in January (Illinois in particular shouldn't play at home in January, Memorial Stadium can't take the weather - the bathrooms will freeze).

That’s a very misleading statistic, they counted backed up results. Look at the percentage, not the total number.

That’s a very misleading statistic, they counted backed up results. Look at the percentage, not the total number.
He also said in the previous post they were going back to full lockdown, when the article explicitly stated they are not. Either way, enough about Italy. I was just making a point that you can find a country or state that "proves" your point whether it be that we should lockdown or that we never should have.

What an uplifting, inspirational post from someone who consistently demonstrates how much he enjoys life. LOL
Thank you very much! Now that you mentioned it, I had a wonderful weekend. Did a lot of apple picking in Coloma, Michigan. Ate at Eddie's Drive In too. It has been many years since I have seen Coloma and Paw Paw Lake is beautiful. So much has changed and the homes along the lake are great...and pretty pricey. But not bad compared to other areas with a lake. The drive alone was so relaxing and Friday was a beautiful day.

We hit traffic in Indiana on the way back so we decided to go onto 65 to Merrilville. I wanted to stop and pick up some Yuengling lager. Found it at COSTCO and got 3 cases. Decided to take route 30 all the way back to New Lenox and home. Been 10 years since I had done that. Got gas near Dyer, IN for 1.94 a gallon. As soon as we crossed the Illinois line it was 2.36. Saw some places as high as 2.55. Robbers.

Going through Chicago Heights was...interesting to say the least. Went through an active crime scene. Five squad cars a couple guys being arrested, etc. Just another day at the office there. Lots of vacant buildings, boarded up buildings, a few burnt buildings that have stood there for who knows how long. Not good. As we rode through we were pretty much silent. Then my wife finally said, "I am looking around here and I can't find a single thing that sheds a positive light on the area." I was shocked because she usually never says anything about areas like that. You certainly couldn't help but notice it. Makes me appreciate where I live.

Then you get west of 57 and things change dramatically. Like night and day. All in all it was a great short trip and a great day. It was so good to get away even for only 10 hours.

Final note. Last year we picked apples just west of Kenosha. Well, that plan was changed. I was gonna pick up some Spotted Cow in Wisconsin. Oh well, Yuengling works too.

Thank you very much! Now that you mentioned it, I had a wonderful weekend. Did a lot of apple picking in Coloma, Michigan. Ate at Eddie's Drive In too. It has been many years since I have seen Coloma and Paw Paw Lake is beautiful. So much has changed and the homes along the lake are great...and pretty pricey. But not bad compared to other areas with a lake. The drive alone was so relaxing and Friday was a beautiful day.

We hit traffic in Indiana on the way back so we decided to go onto 65 to Merrilville. I wanted to stop and pick up some Yuengling lager. Found it at COSTCO and got 3 cases. Decided to take route 30 all the way back to New Lenox and home. Been 10 years since I had done that. Got gas near Dyer, IN for 1.94 a gallon. As soon as we crossed the Illinois line it was 2.36. Saw some places as high as 2.55. Robbers.

Going through Chicago Heights was...interesting to say the least. Went through an active crime scene. Five squad cars a couple guys being arrested, etc. Just another day at the office there. Lots of vacant buildings, boarded up buildings, a few burnt buildings that have stood there for who knows how long. Not good. As we rode through we were pretty much silent. Then my wife finally said, "I am looking around here and I can't find a single thing that sheds a positive light on the area." I was shocked because she usually never says anything about areas like that. You certainly couldn't help but notice it. Makes me appreciate where I live.

Then you get west of 57 and things change dramatically. Like night and day. All in all it was a great short trip and a great day. It was so good to get away even for only 10 hours.

Final note. Last year we picked apples just west of Kenosha. Well, that plan was changed. I was gonna pick up some Spotted Cow in Wisconsin. Oh well, Yuengling works too.
Love Yuengling!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT