ADVERTISEMENT

Interesting D-3 Game This Saturday

redmen85

Dec 17, 2014
North Central hosts Aurora U.
Aurora lost a close one to #6 St John’s on Saturday

NCC will blow them out they return a ton including 5th year players witch is rare in D3. Wheaton and NCC are so far ahead of every other D3 team around here.

NCC will blow them out they return a ton including 5th year players witch is rare in D3. Wheaton and NCC are so far ahead of every other D3 team around here.
Couldn't disagree more. AU proved they can hang with the top D3 programs in their last two games vs St. Johns. I think AU has the best QB in the country. They will give NCC everything they can handle.

NC is loaded - no doubt about that and will be the favorite as they should be.

Reactions: BIGR79
I'll take Wheaton when they meet in two weeks!

Reactions: BIGR79
curious to see what NCC rolls out at QB. Will determine if they are contenders again or not

I'm just waiting to see how CBs post ages. Can't debate the legacy of Wheaton and NCCs programs. Competent coaching on both sides of the matchup this Saturday. Happy we have local D3 options for kids and they are relevant. Used to be Albion, Mt. Union, Whitewater, Augustana and IWU. Great for our area to be on the national stage.

Couldn't disagree more. AU proved they can hang with the top D3 programs in their last two games vs St. Johns. I think AU has the best QB in the country. They will give NCC everything they can handle.

I want to believe your post. I think Aurora has the best qb in d3, which is awesome. However I’m not sure you understand the level that north central is at. The drop off between the top 3-4 in d3 to the top 20-25 is huge. North Central by 40.

I want to believe your post. I think Aurora has the best qb in d3, which is awesome. However I’m not sure you understand the level that north central is at. The drop off between the top 3-4 in d3 to the top 20-25 is huge. North Central by 40.
The depth at NCC is incredible. That is how they were able to roll to the D3 championship. Having Rutter at QB certainly helped but that’s not why they won.

Mt Union and a couple other programs ( MHB, WW) have that kind of depth. AU is certainly a worthy opponent but they aren’t nearly as deep.

Last edited:
Reactions: eagles2k3
I saw North Central scrimmage Preseason. Very big fast and physical. Almost as many players on the sidelines as Loyola. I’m guessing 150. LOL. Illinois D3 maybe at an all time high. Great for our athletes. Too early for best this or that. Lots of football in Texas Ohio Pennsylvania and up north.

Reactions: NapervilleBuck
The depth at NCC is incredible. That is how they were able to roll to the D3 championship. Having Rutter at QB certainly helped but that not why they won.

Mt Union and a couple other programs ( MHB, WW) have that kind of depth. AU is certainly a worthy opponent but they aren’t nearly as deep.
The 4 you mentioned are leaps and bounds above the rest. There’s a huge gap!

NCC by 40?!? Wow

NCC had the D3 Heismen in Broc Rutter and those shoes won’t be filled game 1. I realize they are loaded everywhere else but Kaminski needs someone to get him the ball and it’s going to be a freshman.

Roster numbers are irrelevant in D3. All the top programs have 150ish kids.

NCC 34
AU 33

Reactions: eagles2k3
Looks like the NCC by 40 was a bit conservative eagles2k3. What a complete beat down.

NCC by 40?!? Wow

NCC had the D3 Heismen in Broc Rutter and those shoes won’t be filled game 1. I realize they are loaded everywhere else but Kaminski needs someone to get him the ball and it’s going to be a freshman.

Roster numbers are irrelevant in D3. All the top programs have 150ish kids.

NCC 34
AU 33
Cmon now.

Reactions: NapervilleBuck
Cmon now.
What? I wasn’t that far off :)

My thinking was….Wheaton beat NC by 14 last season. St John beat Wheaton. AU should have beat St John’s two years in a row. Should equal two similar matched teams you’d think.

Didn’t see that one coming. NC was unreal. Physically dominated the game at every position. Will be fun to see them go for the repeat.

I’m sure Thorne wanted to send a statement to AU that we are superior and you won’t recruit against us.

Have watched NC 20+ times over the years. Even without Rutter, IMO…this is the best team they’ve ever had.

Great to see NC roster filled w local kids. All of whom that play four years there. Their staff does a tremendous job of recruiting.

Kudos to AU for scheduling SJU and NC. At least now you know where you stand and what the top of D3 is.

Looking forward to seeing NC at Wheaton next week. Best Little Brass Bell matchup ever??

Awesome atmosphere for a D3 game. AU traveled well. Beautiful night in downtown Naperville.

Last edited:

64-7....Could qualify as the worst of all time. Lol

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT