ADVERTISEMENT

Instant Analysis: St Rita 23 Mount Carmel 21

EdgyTim

Staff
May 29, 2001
Channahon Illinois
MC- Started slow just didn't seem to be in sync all night long. Battled back and took the lead before allowing St Rita to drive the field and kick the game winning 30 yard FG with no time left for the win. Quick thoughts/impressions from the MC side? I just feel that this MC team doesn't have the overall talent level than what we've seen over the past few seasons. Sure MC is also playing top tams week in and week out but overall this is a decent team and one that still has work to do.

MC offense was sharp at times but also struggled in particular in the first half of getting the running game on track. The MC offense was much improved in the second half and hopefully that can be a take away in this 23-21 loss. I felt QB Marshall played well here for the most part. The defense? Just seemed to struggle defending the Mustangs play action passing game. Sure the Mustangs won't reinvent the passing wheel but in the end for me it again comes down to talent level and this group just doesn't have the same feel as the past few seasons.

St Rita- play was overall improved than when I saw them in Week 1 over Simeon. The Mustangs play action passing game was impressive and QB CJ Weydeman is also improving in his overall game. WR Brandon Gaston again had a big game and made an impact especially in crunch time. The defense remains a strength and made several key stops here.

More to follow in the Scouting Reports.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News