ADVERTISEMENT

If the PLAYOFFS started today.... (Week 8)

Malici and the rest of the children of the corn may have freaked out our "athletes" a bit.
Dude, I see it every week on the highlights, and they still terrify me. Thems the Ozark folk of Adams County. And I mean that politely. They take pride in it. Very little, imo, beats a contest between two of these "cornfield" programs mid-November. If you're ever free and want to join me, I'll take you to a CPC @ Mt. Sterling (Brown County) game. You're in for a real treat! Incredible people to get to know though. Hard working folks, and high school football is their release each week from the daily grind.

• Love
Reactions: crusader_of_90
Maybe they'd serve me food if they knew I was not from the "big city."
Well now, I can't speak to the customer service provided during your stay. But, I can say it would definitely get you a lot more "farmer" head nods (in the downward direction, you know the nod I'm talking about) if you showed up in flannel and Wranglers, your County Fair good ones too, not the dirty soiled ones you wore in the field all day.

I should have worn my camo Trump 2020 cap!

I needed grease to soak up the booze from the drive up ... at least they let us go in and out during half time to refill in the RV! had some Funyums and was ready for a comeback!
Yeah, there's always the easy look... Anything Trump. 🤣

I gave up boozing down the interstates en route to games a while ago, but man we rolled into Geneseo one year fit to party. Had to be 2008 or 2009 (ish). Unfortunately Geneseo's football team was real good at providing some sobriety for all of us. o_O Someone on the way up realized Lipton Green Tea and beer look awfully similar in color if you don't have too much foam. Sorry Geneseo!

• Haha
Reactions: crusader_of_90
Oh I know darn well CPC is circled like a thousand times... they've got that image on the wall to ignite the fire every day. We all know how those losses sit... and it ain't pleasantly.

I for one, am just here casually hoping I get to witness round 2 in person! Also, totally different game last year if you take CPC and put them at Althoff. Althoff seemed a bit shell-shocked walking in to the corn last fall.
CPC does not want a rematch with Althoff. It would not be pretty. Althoff would not let up like they have in most games this year.

Reactions: RoaminCatholic
CPC does not want a rematch with Althoff. It would not be pretty. Althoff would not let up like they have in most games this year.
Yeah, they'd definitely be locked in for a rematch. Again, I think last year goes way differently if that game was played anywhere other than the corn field Camp Point has for football.

LWE/Loyola in round 2 would suck.

Naz/St. Francis in round 2 would also be a disappointment.

Upper half of the Lower bracket in 5A almost a carbin copy of last year.

Sycamore/PR in round 2 would be a hell of a game.

Byron could probably score 100 on every team they could potentially face before Montini in the semi's.
Looking at that 5A bracket is fun. It will be "disappointing" if Naz wins again and is SF'd because a lot of those potential matchup feel so familiar.

This is such fallacy I don't even know how to respond....
Yet in the RPO offense its hard to get a friggin yard. I watched a play early in the Texas/Oklahoma game, where Texas's 4 yr starter at center stood straight up on a Inside left run play with his man getting the tackle for maybe a 2 foot gain! These spread and chuck or rabbit run have weak ass linemen. Byron pushed Williamsvilles O and D linemen backwards nearly all game long. But, we will see...

• Haha
Reactions: SiuCubFan8
Yet in the RPO offense its hard to get a friggin yard. I watched a play early in the Texas/Oklahoma game, where Texas's 4 yr starter at center stood straight up on a Inside left run play with his man getting the tackle for maybe a 2 foot gain! These spread and chuck or rabbit run have weak ass linemen. Byron pushed Williamsvilles O and D linemen backwards nearly all game long. But, we will see...
We will see I guess. This may be the biggest mismatch in talent level in a 1A championship game ever. LW is well coached but they don't have enough Jimmy's and Joe's.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT