ADVERTISEMENT

If High Schools Were Only Allowed to Hire Alumni

P.J. Fleck (Kaneland), Chuck Martin (Rich East, now Rich Twp.), Sean Payton (Naperville C.), Ben Kotwica (Andrew), Pat Fitzgerald (Sandburg).

I am very pleased with Austin Frasier, a Schott player who coached under Jimmy Stiebel at Mater Dei after Althoff made the wrong decision after the Old Man retired.

That said, the guy running the bank across the street from Althoff and his brother, the GM of the local minor league baseball team, would be my choices - Banker for D and GM for O, Eldest brother, the State's Attorney, could be head coach and arbitrate who get which player. They were the smartest football minds ACHS has ever produced.

Reactions: Gene K.
There is a current HC out there with 17 IHSA titles at his Alma Mater.

Obviously the one we have, Jordan Lynch. But for fun IF the yearly rumor of him going to Coach in college ever were to actually come to fruition (doubting anytime soon), for alums I’d want
Dan O’Brien- current MC DC, former MC QB, would be the likely choice.

Marty Quinn- Current DLS head coach, former College head coach at Ava Maria.

Richard Russell- Current MC DL coach, needs some more experience but a very dynamic presence so far.

Mark Antonietti- MC Legend, been coaching for 30 plus years at MC. Only reason he is down on this list is I’d imagine at this point in his life he’s thinking of retirement instead of taking on the exhausting task of being the head coach at a school in the spotlight like MC. I believe he’s content.

Reactions: Jenny27 and Gene K.
If Jake were to ever leave I think Bill McKeon would be a no brainer.
JC has a very deep bench here. Jaws and McKeon both imminently qualified. Sharp, Senfnner, and Larry McKeon have all concluded their careers, but that is three 200 game winners right there. So if we can include “emeritus” coaches, that is a difficult choice to make.

Reactions: crusader_of_90
Obviously the one we have, Jordan Lynch. But for fun IF the yearly rumor of him going to Coach in college ever were to actually come to fruition (doubting anytime soon), for alums I’d want

Richard Russell- Current MC DL coach, needs some more experience but a very dynamic presence so far.

Mark Antonietti- MC Legend, been coaching for 30 plus years at MC. Only reason he is down on this list is I’d imagine at this point in his life he’s thinking of retirement instead of taking on the exhausting task of being the head coach at a school in the spotlight like MC. I believe he’s content.
so you have to be an MC grad to coach football? basketball, wrestling, & baseball are coached by non-MC grads and they do very well.

i did. just wondering in general is all.
Well then no you don’t have to be an alum as there are several coaches that aren’t alums on the staff at every level, but since the topic was asking which Alum would you hire I was just playing along....

Last edited:
Unsurprising, but I thought of a Super Bowl champion and handful of QBs making their return to the southside…

Brother Rice - Dave Diehl
St. Rita - Mike Kafka
Mt. Carmel - Jordan Lynch
Marist - Mike Perish

Richard Russell argues with people on Twitter like he’s 14 brother. Guys a dork

Providence-St.Mel - Me (Never has had a team so I win by default 🤷‍♂️)
Lake Forest Academy - Zaid Abdul Aleem

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT