ADVERTISEMENT

ICE week 6 preview and reactions

Watched the game online, it was what I expected. Comets with a few big plays and Wilmo grinding them to death. This is a big win for the Cats, should cruise to 9-0. They stay healthy the can make some noise. Comets are still a good team. Wilmo wore them down and did what Wilmo does. I honestly think that this game may of got ugly if Braidwood doesnt get bailed out on that 3rd and long PI flag. Braidwood will make the playoffs and with the right match up could get to round 2 but they are light years away from being this state championship team that they keep talking about

Hey CC scored some points tonight, hope they keep it going

Reactions: Gene K.
That was the best regular season game atmosphere I’ve personally seen since 2004 Wilmo v Coal City. And the one last night was a better (closer) game.

How many yards did the 2nd best back in the history of the conference have?
65 yards on 12 carries...22 on the misdirection TD run, and 20+ on the last play of the first half with 6 seconds left and Wilmo only had 4-5 guys within 15 yards of the line - crazy prevent...otherwise 2 ypc... McPherson rushing 12-73, 13-21-141 TD Int passing.

James led the Cats 19-128 rushing, Friddle 23-116, Hanson 6-35.

Pretty clear that the Wildcats came in with the theory that Cassem was not going to beat them...McPherson had several nice runs on keepers after faking to Cassem and running the other way on misdirection / read option / naked boots while Cassem was being blown up...Comets ran a lot of receiver screens / quick passes.

Lol he looked strictly average to me. Maybe the best back from RC in the last 10 years is a more accurate title.
All due respect, he’s a good back. Good size and some burst. He’s clearly not the goat or whatever, and he benefits from a diverse open offense. Whoever made the best since DA comments I think was just trolling.
It was obvious that Reents was gonna try to take him out of the picture. For the most part, he did. Cassem was pretty consistently blown up at the LOS for minimal gains.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT