ADVERTISEMENT

ICE Week 3

doctor_d

Oct 9, 2016
Start of conference play, and all games have pretty clear favorites.

Wilmo @ Lisle
Lisle has been really struggling and it sounds like they have little depth and are very young. Wilmo big. 46-6

Coal City @ Streator
Streator new staff looks to establish an identity, but they got rolled pretty good by Ottawa. Coal City will take care of business here. 35-6

Reed-Custer @ Peotone
Peotone had what looked like an impressive and certainly convincing win up at Marengo. R-C will provide little resistance. 42-7

Manteno @ Herscher
Both teams coming off nice wins. Maybe Herscher has bottomed out and is now turning the corner, but Manteno is a clear favorite here. 42-20

Start of conference play, and all games have pretty clear favorites.

Wilmo @ Lisle
Lisle has been really struggling and it sounds like they have little depth and are very young. Wilmo big. 46-6

Coal City @ Streator
Streator new staff looks to establish an identity, but they got rolled pretty good by Ottawa. Coal City will take care of business here. 35-6

Reed-Custer @ Peotone
Peotone had what looked like an impressive and certainly convincing win up at Marengo. R-C will provide little resistance. 42-7

Manteno @ Herscher
Both teams coming off nice wins. Maybe Herscher has bottomed out and is now turning the corner, but Manteno is a clear favorite here. 42-20
Weak game week.....all 4 games should be one sided

Wilmo Huge
CC Huge
Peotone Huge
Manteno Huge

Wilmo Manteno and Tone survive as undefeated
RC and Lisle remain winless

ICE power rankings

1) Wilmington
2) Coal City
3) Manteno
4) Peotone
5) Herscher
6) Streator
7) RC
8) Lisle

Unless there's an epic meltdown Manteno will get into the playoffs, I can't imagine they don't scrap up 3 more wins if they were able to beat Sandwich and Plano.

Agreed. All four games are over by halftime. Clearly a top four and a bottom four in the ICE with Wilmington sitting comfortably at the top. Run those clocks, baby!!!!

Weak game week.....all 4 games should be one sided

Wilmo Huge
CC Huge
Peotone Huge
Manteno Huge

Wilmo Manteno and Tone survive as undefeated
RC and Lisle remain winless

ICE power rankings

1) Wilmington
2) Coal City
3) Manteno
4) Peotone
5) Herscher
6) Streator
7) RC
8) Lisle

Unless there's an epic meltdown Manteno will get into the playoffs, I can't imagine they don't scrap up 3 more wins if they were able to beat Sandwich and Plano.
I’d swap 3 and 4, but otherwise agree

Reactions: McEvergreen
I've got Peotone ahead of Manteno right now. Looking ahead, Manteno will be undefeated going into their game with Peotone. It's going to come down to how beat up Peotone is after playing Wilmington and CC back to back. Manteno doesn't play those two until later.

Reactions: doctor_d
Hard to pick a GOTW here......I'd say Manteno @ Herscher......Best chance at an upset, and Manteno needs this game more than the other three favored teams.

Reactions: doctor_d
Wilmington vs Lisle - tough matchup for the Lions but hopefully they see some improvement because they will have winnable games later in the season. Wildcats roll. Wilmington 56 Lisle 13

Coal City vs. Streator - not much of a game, Coalers are heavy favorites but maybe Streator can keep it closer than expected if they can move the ball, which is never easy vs. the Coalers. Coal City 38 Streator 18

Reed- Custer vs. Peotone - looks like it will be a tough season for the Comets and the Blue Devils have not been challenged yet this season. Peotone handled Marengo and RC has lost two close games Peotone 41 Reed-Custer 19

Herscher vs. Manteno - this is a good barometer game to see the trajectory of these two programs. Manteno surprised people by beating Sandwich and Plano and Herscher lost to a good Chicago Christian and beat a down Mac team. Manteno 54 Herscher 49

This week is straight forward. Wilmo, Peotone, and Coal City have a decent probability to get the clock running early. I think Manteno does as well based on what I saw of Herscher the last 2 years.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT