ADVERTISEMENT

I8 Week 9

Wilmatucky

Nov 1, 2017
Wilmington
Braidwood @ Sandwich........I usually hate on RC but they have been looking tougher and tougher as the year goes on. I think Sandwich was nothing but early season hype......irrelevant game in the grand scheme of things but still a huge one in terms of morale.....RC in a close battle

Herscher @ Manteno.......Herscher has to have this one and should fairly easily.....Herscher by 10 or more

Peotone @ Streator.......The 'tone needs this one too and much like Sandwich, Streator just didn't live up to the hype.....Peotone by at least 14

Wilmington @ Plano.......This is probably the most important game of the week. Huge playoff implications are on the line and it should be a battle. Plano is hot, hot, hot right now and Wilmo has been really up and down, but I never pick against Wilmo. A good old fashioned all purple brawl......Wilmo by 3

Lisle @ Coal City.......Game of the week.......Overall I8 championship on the line (if there is such a thing). Playoff seeding is also a big one in this game. If it were on turf I would possibly be willing to sway my vote but I think the Large prevails here.....CC by 6

What a fun and crazy year this has been. There have been many surprises and It is only going to be shaken up more next year when they combine back into one conference (which is how it should be). I am also excited to see who the teams schedule for their non-con games the first two weeks of the season. Who will seek out better competition and who will be fishing for wins?

After Saturday we can see who has a chance to make noise in the playoffs!

**As I typed that last line I realize I may be wrong about Peotone needing a win.....They probably won't be in with 5 wins right? Looks like their playoff points are a little low?**

Reactions: Gene K.
Comets @ Sandwich...The batteries died on Sandwich's power run after week 3, aided by the fact that the Indians' first three opponents are 3-21..A couple of close games, but no luck for the Indians...The Comets offense exploded Weeks 2, 4 & 5, but otherwise has been average...Comet win helps more people with playoff points...Comets passing attack hasn't been as good in the weather...Indians get stuck in the Comets' crater, RC in a close one...

Tigers @ Panthers...The Tigers are ungracious Homecoming guests for Manteno, likely winning big...Tigers need the win to become playoff eligible...

Blue Devils @ Bulldogs...'Dogs are eliminated from the Playoffs, while the Devils need a win and a bunch of miracles (1 win Peoria Manuel & 3 win Tinley beating playoff teams to start)...Devils looked impressive rumbling over Manteno last week, and the same should happen this week...Devils stab the steak with their trident and enjoy one last meal at the Dogs' expense...

Wildcats @ Reapers....5-3 Playoff teams fighting for seeding...Reapers have won 5 of 6, while Cats have found the running lanes...Neither has beaten a team with a winning record (sounds strange, but CC & Lisle are the only other conference teams over .500; two 4-4 teams). But the Cats have been scoring more...Cats in a wild one...

Lions @ Coalers...Conference championship game...Coalers have been consistent, if not spectacular...Lions beat Wilmo & seemingly have gone somewhat flat, seizing victory from the jaws of defeat a couple of times, and mauling Sandwich last week...Coalers win at home in what can only be a close one...

Coal City and Manteno have Morris scheduled for next season

CC has Morris and McNamara next year non-conference? I suppose the new conference with 5 3A teams makes the 3 bigger schools (CC, Manteno, Streator) have to schedule better non-con opponents...

RC/Sandwich- RC really impressed me last week, had opportunities to score on CC. They have improved as the season has gone on. Sandwich looked like they didn't even want to be on the field against Lisle last week. RC 34 Sandwich 20

Herscher/Manteno- Herscher absolutely has to win this and they won't have much issues putting away a young Manteno team. Herscher 35 Panthers 13

Peotone/Streator- Peotone needs a win and a few miracles. They get the win but not the miracles. They will go 5-4 but not have enough playoff points. Streator continues on being a mystery to me. Find it hard to believe a school that size cant compete in the I8. Peotone 20 Streator 10

Wilmington/Plano- Both are in but both need to avoid being 5-4. Plano is red hot and the Cats seem to have found their mojo. This will be a tight one from the start. Plano size wears out Wilmington in the end. Plano 28 Wilmington 26

Lisle/CC- This is the bragging rights Undisputed I8 Championship. Both teams want to keep a high seed and need wins to do it. Big battle here is Lisles quick strike offense against CC defense that has 5 shutouts on the season. Big game, big crowd. great football weather. CC 21 Lisle 7

Last week of games in the old I8 conference. Sad to see the core break up. Wish it would of found a way to stick together. Best of luck in the new I8 Indians and Reapers

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT