ADVERTISEMENT

I-8 Week 8 Results

PanthersWildcats86

Oct 12, 2017
Its wet and frigid out there...and the action is interesting...

Coal City 14, RC 0...scoreless at halftime...

Plano 40, Herscher 21...Welcome to the Playoffs Reapers..Herscher needs win @ Manteno next week to become eligible...

Wilmington 27, Streator 0...Continue the Cats playoffs streak...

Lisle 41, Sandwich 8...Sandwich out of Playoffs...

Peotone 33, Manteno 13...scoreless after one, but Devils score first play of second on 4th & goal...Panthers take the kickoff and march for score 7-7...Devils score 13 seconds left in second on long extended drive 14-7...Manteno receives second half kickoff, 1st play lateral receiver screen either fumbled or not caught - Devils pick up & 1st & goal @ 8 yard line...score 20-7 missed xp...onside kick & recover by Devils...scoring drive 26-7 xp run stopped...last score fullback dive for 50ish yards 33-7 Devils...Panthers had a turnover inside Devils 10 (another Borkenhagen missed snap) in second half, nice scoring drive as well...Rained thru soph game, stopped about start of Varsity game...Devils need to win @ Streator next week to be playoff eligible...

Lisle @ Coal City next Friday - Clash of Division Champions!

Coal City's D is dominant. 6 TD's scored (Whether Offensive or otherwise) Morris 3, Plano 2, Herscher 1.... Everyone else 0.

Out of the teams who could end up with 5 wins, who is safe thanks to points?

Coal City and Lisle have clinched.
Wilmington and Plano have 5 wins, both are likely in no matter what
Herscher win gets them to 5 and in.
Peotone win gets them to 5 but they are probably out.

Coalers did not look good this last Friday. Had Skubic and Jezik both go over 100 yards rushing but penalties, inconsistent line play and a 2 big turnovers hurt them. That being said I gained a lot of respect for the Braidwood team. Coaches had a great gameplan and the kids played very tough. Gave us all CC could handle.

Lisle game will be interesting and fun. Last 3 years they have been all 1 score games I believe. CC defense is legit. 5 shutouts. 42 points. 21 of them against morris week 1. Lisle offense is pretty darn good too. I think the game will be decided by CC offense against Lisles defense. Whoever wins that battle wins the game.

Plano/Wilmington is a good one too. Both teams are in but both want a better seed at 6-3. Not sure of there is a team hotter than Plano right now in the I8 and Wilmo has been on a roll. Both of those games will have playoff like atmospheres

Reactions: Gene K.
I don't see Peotone getting in with points, Herscher and Wilmo/Plano loser should get in

Herscher, assuming they beat Manteno, has to thank Clifton Central for dominating the SVC and getting them so many playoff points...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT