ADVERTISEMENT

I-8 Week 7 Results

PanthersWildcats86

Oct 12, 2017
And the wild, wooly and interesting continue in the I-8...

Wilmington 38, Reed Custer 13...The Wildcats dominated from the start. 18-0 at the half, 38-0 when they caged the Cats' starters...best explanation of the night would be that RC turned the ball over on downs inside the Cats' 5 in the third, and the Cats responded with a three play touchdown drive - with Dempsay having two of them for 10+ and 80 yard TD run...Cats threw 10 passes in the first half, 58 yards in the air...Shaw may have gotten hurt for the Cats, though...

Plano 26, Sandwich 20...close game throughout

Coal City 24, Manteno 0...Coalers just keep mining wins...

Herscher 31, Peotone 21...huh...two weeks ago Peotone looked to have the best route to the playoffs, now 3-4...Herscher recovers from Wilmo thrashing...

Lisle 23, Streator 20...Lions go 7-0 in rough fashion, as the Bulldogs refuse to just roll over...

And the wild, wooly and interesting continue in the I-8...

Wilmington 38, Reed Custer 13...The Wildcats dominated from the start. 18-0 at the half, 38-0 when they caged the Cats' starters...best explanation of the night would be that RC turned the ball over on downs inside the Cats' 5 in the third, and the Cats responded with a three play touchdown drive - with Dempsay having two of them for 10+ and 80 yard TD run...Cats threw 10 passes in the first half, 58 yards in the air...Shaw may have gotten hurt for the Cats, though...

Plano 26, Sandwich 20...close game throughout

Coal City 24, Manteno 0...Coalers just keep mining wins...

Herscher 31, Peotone 21...huh...two weeks ago Peotone looked to have the best route to the playoffs, now 3-4...Herscher recovers from Wilmo thrashing...

Lisle 23, Streator 20...Lions go 7-0 in rough fashion, as the Bulldogs refuse to just roll over...

Your puns are priceless!
  • Caged the Cats
  • Coalers mining
  • Bulldogs rolling over
Well done!

Reactions: PanthersWildcats86
The playoffs without the Wildcats would not be the same. Looking for them to win the rest of their games and that comes from a CC fan.

Herscher definitely needed that win. Probably gets them in. Peotone will need to win out which they should. I think Wilmington is back on track, the week 9 game in Plano will still be very important for both teams. Coalers get another shut out, their defense is really good

Reactions: Gene K.
4A, other than the likely domination by IC, gets more interesting this weekend, as 3 of the 7 presumed 4A unbeaten lost...Pontiac got thrashed by Monticello, Breese beat Colombia in a match of unbeatens, and Genoa-Kingston went down...

Daily Journal has Herscher beating Peotone 31-27, rather than the IHSA site's 31-21, and I'll inch out on a limb and say the Journal is right because they discuss the Devils two fourth quarter TD drives to go up 27-24 with 3:56 to play, and the game winning Tigers' score with 46 seconds left...Tigers' Hendrix had the hot paw, 20 of 28 for 265, 4 TD, 12 carries for 99...Dorsey 23 rushing yards, 8 receptions for 65...Receivers: Becker 6-103 2 TD, Engelman 3-62 TD, Berns 3-35 TD. The Devils trident was powered by Bias rushing 19-131; Brewer 103 2 TD; Gesswin 4-10-71 passing, 4-31 2 TD rushing.

Wilmington was led by the likely suspects...Dempsay 16-182 2 TD, Shaw 10-144 3 TD...Comets' QB Lewis 11-25-229 2 TD...

Coalers buried the pickaxe in the Panthers night, led by Hutching 6-13-59; Jezik 20-106 2 TD; Skubic 16-84; Garcia 23 yards, TD...Panthers' Borkenhagen had a warm paw, 16-25-101 int.

Rivalry for week 8...The Route 50 Rumble, Manteno @ Peotone...

Reactions: Coalertown44
Big props to Streator for continuing to fight. Hassett has that program going in the right direction.

Big props to Streator for continuing to fight. Hassett has that program going in the right direction.

I have to wonder, however, how long Hassett will be there...Something tells me he would covet the job at his alma mater when and if Zinanni retires from McNamara...Jumping from Prairie Central, who he took to a title game, to Streator makes more sense as a stepping stone than a permanent career move for him (although I'm guessing he makes more money at Streator)...Unfortunately he's only made the playoffs once with the Bulldogs...

The playoffs without the Wildcats would not be the same. Looking for them to win the rest of their games and that comes from a CC fan.

Reents and staff once again showing that they are formidable.
Although both Streator and Plano could challenge the Cats, I think they are in pretty good shape, likely only need to win one of those games to get in.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT