ADVERTISEMENT

How's this, Kev?

MC up 7 - 0; 43 yd fleaf licker to Burrell.

Note thatdthe running commentary portion of the SR page has some info

@RockSoup I tell you the JV game went off without a hitch, they had two guys doing a pregame show and right when the band came out, it stopped

It did come back on sort of. Looks like they used their cell phone

1) Streams going forward after this two week road trip will go off without a hitch.

2) The St. Rita JR QB definitely not the problem.

3) @McCaravan extremely correct in the pick em thread

4) positive note: being in 7A, St. Rita playing the long game. Got em right where we want them.

@RockSoup I tell you the JV game went off without a hitch, they had two guys doing a pregame show and right when the band came out, it stopped
Looks like philsburner had better intel than rocky Marciano lol great CCL matchup. Great vibes all around, big crowd. I’m sure the Mustangs will see the Caravan Rd 2 this year

• Love
Reactions: RockSoup
From the little I saw through the 4th Q and some quick clips, despite the final score, MC is still geling. There is an amazing amount of talent but when you lose 4 starters on your line (and the lone returner Lewanski was out with a concussion) also the Player of the Year in Dupree and all 3 WRs not to mention a RB who converted from TE, there is going to be some growing pains. Elliott was out most of the week with lingering effects from the severe dehydration he experienced during the Hun game. He had one day of practice I’m told but if that was Jack at 70%, then he did great as always, line just needs to gel, that will help when they get Lewanski back next week hopefully and Zion Elliott, a Loyola transfer, in week 4 I’m told. But credit given to SR’s front 7. Big and physical as always, Buckner is a beast. Soph WR Quentin Burrell is going to be one of the greats at MC.
Defensively for MC, great job, great bounce back. They took a lot jaw jacking after giving up 42 to Hun and came through with a shutout. Matt Mucha is a machine. Zander Gorman, although needing to pump the breaks occasionally, is all energy all the time, but big shoutout to Jackson Barrins who has played WR his first 3 years at MC and was moved to Corner in the second half of the Hun game and it seems to be a natural fit. And the Freshman Caleb Tucker, 6’4 330 nose guard I look forward to watching you develop.
With Naz, JCA, Fenwick, Iggy BR and Loyola remaining we will either be beat to hell in November or will see if Iron truly sharpens Iron in the playoffs.

From the little I saw through the 4th Q and some quick clips, despite the final score, MC is still geling. There is an amazing amount of talent but when you lose 4 starters on your line (and the lone returner Lewanski was out with a concussion) also the Player of the Year in Dupree and all 3 WRs not to mention a RB who converted from TE, there is going to be some growing pains. Elliott was out most of the week with lingering effects from the severe dehydration he experienced during the Hun game. He had one day of practice I’m told but if that was Jack at 70%, then he did great as always, line just needs to gel, that will help when they get Lewanski back next week hopefully and Zion Elliott, a Loyola transfer, in week 4 I’m told. But credit given to SR’s front 7. Big and physical as always, Buckner is a beast. Soph WR Quentin Burrell is going to be one of the greats at MC.
Defensively for MC, great job, great bounce back. They took a lot jaw jacking after giving up 42 to Hun and came through with a shutout. Matt Mucha is a machine. Zander Gorman, although needing to pump the breaks occasionally, is all energy all the time, but big shoutout to Jackson Barrins who has played WR his first 3 years at MC and was moved to Corner in the second half of the Hun game and it seems to be a natural fit. And the Freshman Caleb Tucker, 6’4 330 nose guard I look forward to watching you develop.
With Naz, JCA, Fenwick, Iggy BR and Loyola remaining we will either be beat to hell in November or will see if Iron truly sharpens Iron in the playoffs.
Great summary.

Reactions: McCaravan
A methodical drubbing? Anything positive for Rita?
First thing that came to my mind was that this MC team is the least experienced and talented team I've seen Lynch field in about 4 years. But I do know there are some promising underclassmen that will be talked about real soon. That WR is a stud..
On to Rita. JBuckner is a stud and was playing a few new positions today , one of which I was not particularly pleased with , but he still caused havoc. As @McCaravan stated earlier, front 7 is as good as advertised... As season goes on, the young DB's should get it together.
Offensively, there needs to be plays drawn up to get Rita RB's in open space and runs off tackle. Walter Jones is a future star and I hope he recovers well from what it looks like his hamstring was bothering him . I Like the young talent at the skills position, they are young there, so it will take some time for them as well. The Oline needs some work as Rita couldn't establish the run game. I think I read somewhere Armbruster had 25-27 pass attempts.

First thing that came to my mind was that this MC team is the least experienced and talented team I've seen Lynch field in about 4 years. But I do know there are some promising underclassmen that will be talked about real soon. That WR is a stud..
On to Rita. JBuckner is a stud and was playing a few new positions today , one of which I was not particularly pleased with , but he still caused havoc. As @McCaravan stated earlier, front 7 is as good as advertised... As season goes on, the young DB's should get it together.
Offensively, there needs to be plays drawn up to get Rita RB's in open space and runs off tackle. Walter Jones is a future star and I hope he recovers well from what it looks like his hamstring was bothering him . I Like the young talent at the skills position, they are young there, so it will take some time for them as well. The Oline needs some work as Rita couldn't establish the run game. I think I read somewhere Armbruster had 25-27 pass attempts.
Chaka--thanks for your input. Here's what I've heard or read.

Rita has a lot of young talent in the building, along with depth because the lower levels have done well last few years.

The defense--as time progresses--will be a very good one keeping her in games against better competition.

I think Jr. Armbruster will be a major contributor; he has that potential to lead this team--even Tom Lemming has reports on him.

In the end, it may just come down to the O-line play. "Everyone needs linemen these days" is a quote I've heard often.

If the O-line can develop, and the young QB can make his passes AND be a running threat himself (like Tommy U), then this team will have a very good chance to do some damage in 7A.

I think the next two weeks will be very telling for this team: @ Chicago BR and @ Wheaton St. Francis.

The state of Utah has been making some big waves against some of the countries more elite teams
IMG just lost to Corner Canyon 35-34

The trick…

They import their line from the LDS schools in Hawaii

They are stacked with Polynesian kids

Rita has a lot of young talent in the building, along with depth because the lower levels have done well last few years.

The defense--as time progresses--will be a very good one keeping her in games against better competition.

I think Jr. Armbruster will be a major contributor; he has that potential to lead this team--even Tom Lemming has reports on him.

In the end, it may just come down to the O-line play. "Everyone needs linemen these days" is a quote I've heard often.

If the O-line can develop, and the young QB can make his passes AND be a running threat himself (like Tommy U), then this team will have a very good chance to do some damage in 7A.

I think the next two weeks will be very telling for this team: @ Chicago BR and @ Wheaton St. Francis.
Maxson leaving for BR was a big hit to the offense, he was that X-Factor, having that option for a Junior QB is huge. I’m sure he will be feeling some hits next Friday

Reactions: Wittymoniker1

They get SF coming off playing Loyola.

Reactions: Wittymoniker1
Caravan DE Joey Quinn, a disruptive junior at 6'6 and 245, hails from La Grange Park. How did we pick Tim Racki's pocket?

How did I miss him--I live right there. LOL!
I know. You live close to the stadium. You'll soon be a Rita and a Nazareth fan, like Gene is a fan of Rita and Montini. To catch up with Quinn, Jenny has an interview on her site, DeepDishFootball.com.

It would be a good story line if Quinn sacks Logan Malachuk next week. I'm sure he'll be motivated.

Last edited:
They get SF coming off playing Loyola.

I know. You live close to the stadium. You'll soon be a Rita and a Nazareth fan, like Gene is a fan of Rita and Montini. To catch up with Quinn, Jenny has an interview on her site, DeepDishFootball.com.

It would be a good story line if Quinn sacks Logan Malachuk next week. I'm sure he'll be motivated.
Throw LT in there as well, since my kids will be going there eventually.

If AG was ever transitioned to a neighborhood school they would be a middle class power.
It pretty much has as far as getting in. When it first opened it was more difficult for a neighborhood kid to be admitted but now it’s more likely they will be admitted then not. But if you attended one of the several 19th Ward Catholic grade schools then 90% of them just the course to High School unless finances play a part. Some that live in Evergreen attend EPHS.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT