ADVERTISEMENT

How good is Wheaton Warrenville South

Guess we will find out on Friday but for the 3rd year in a row their best player was lost the week before the opener, makes you wonder what the hell is going on?
I'm not sure how you lose a player to a serious leg injury during a walk through practice the day before a game, but that seems to be what has happened. I'm guessing they may also have some injuries along the offensive line, as their interior OL were all very small. The center is shown as a Sophomore and listed as a LB and he struggled with getting the ball snapped all day. Slow snaps disrupted the timing of many plays throughout the game.

Defense looked solid and is a typical WWS defense, not very big, but they fly around and had a really nice game against Simeon. That being said, unless there is a tremendous amount of improvement on the O side of the ball, it could be a long year on the South Side.

Reactions: ClownBaby
I'm not sure how you lose a player to a serious leg injury during a walk through practice the day before a game, but that seems to be what has happened. I'm guessing they may also have some injuries along the offensive line, as their interior OL were all very small. The center is shown as a Sophomore and listed as a LB and he struggled with getting the ball snapped all day. Slow snaps disrupted the timing of many plays throughout the game.

Defense looked solid and is a typical WWS defense, not very big, but they fly around and had a really nice game against Simeon. That being said, unless there is a tremendous amount of improvement on the O side of the ball, it could be a long year on the South Side.
They brought up 3 Sophomores to fill in holes and the Soph RB will easily be the best RB they have had since Dierking when all is said and done but they have work to do.

Reactions: dapiech
What's the scouting report

What I've heard is that they lost the RB earlier last week due to a high ankle sprain. (he was on crutches Saturday) No timetable yet for his return, but current indicators are that he will return at some point. (read that in Herald) He is a college-level talent and was a big loss in terms of production last week. Their starting TE (Goken) who is also a stud is out with mono until week 4. Their D is always on the small side and they looked fast and had a nose for the ball. DB Haas was all over the field with 2 picks, a FG, and great punts as well. Their QB Luke C is a very capable passer, a solid receiving core and they have a Soph RB they pulled up that has major upside. Side note, I attended the Geneva game and they are talented but not necessarily an elite team. If South can take 2 out of their first 3, they will probably be a playoff team IMO.

Last edited:
'I'm guessing they may also have some injuries along the offensive line, as their interior OL were all very small.'

What's considered small at the HS level?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT