ADVERTISEMENT

how good is simeon?

King MJ

Jul 22, 2001
A couple of their early wins (trotwood madison, Naperville) are starting to look a bit better.

Do you think they could actually go deep again in a very tough bracket?

A couple of their early wins (trotwood madison, Naperville) are starting to look a bit better.

Do you think they could actually go deep again in a very tough bracket?

If @Souc is accurate, that top half looks like a bloodbath. Reboot LZ, MC, ESL and Simeon all in that grouping of 16. I'd say it will be quite an accomplishment for any of the 4 to make the semi's. Anxious to see the revisions this week and see what changes,

Reactions: Gene K.
Saw them against NN earlier this year. Big, strong, athletic, fast, and very physical against us. Don't think they are too deep, however. Appeared to lose focus against us and wore down in the 2nd half a bit. They could surprise in the playoffs, but I don't see them bringing their A game several weeks in a row to have a deep run against quality 7a competition. Their D is excellent.

Saw them against NN earlier this year. Big, strong, athletic, fast, and very physical against us. Don't think they are too deep, however. Appeared to lose focus against us and wore down in the 2nd half a bit. They could surprise in the playoffs, but I don't see them bringing their A game several weeks in a row to have a deep run against quality 7a competition. Their D is excellent.

How big is their line? Concern in the past has been how they can match up against a big, run-focused team like a Maine South or Loyola with massive line size.

Simeon in 7A is immediately one of the favorites along with Batavia, ESL, MC, SCN and Naz.

I think Simeon in 7A helps the 7A bracket toughen up. Not sure about GBE, tough to tell just how good they are until playoff time.

Yes probably but for 8A I’m thinking the opposite. If I’m a 26-32 seed in 8A I want to see Simeon or GBE on playoff selection nite instead of LWE, BR, MS, HF, etc.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT