ADVERTISEMENT

How do you watch the state finals?

That's great news. In past years, the 7A or 8A game would be interrupted for a Hawks or Bulls game The IHSA game would be sent to the "plus" channel. Not a problem, unless you're recording the game.

The bad news is that NBC sports cable would rerun the games several times. I doubt if you-tv will be doing that.

Last edited:
I'm in the garage on the couch for the first game. Start of 2A I heat up some Turkey Day leftovers. 3A rolls around and usually grab a second plate of leftovers. Try to catch most of 4A but we are usually playing in the Turkey tournament across the street. My youngest has had this tradition with me since he was little. Hopefully he's willing to spend it with his old man at least one more year. Generally have some buddies and his buddies come over for a game or two. One of my favorite days of the year. Day two its on TV, I watch while I put the XMas tree up.

Reactions: Wassup13
@PowerI66

Okay here’s a hypothetical. It’s playoff weekend, the tv is on, and your firmly planted in your chair watching game 1. Your fiancé walks in wearing nothing but a smile, do you continue with the game or retire to a more appropriate location? The catch, you can not return to watch any of the games afterwards, not even if they are recorded.

Good enough to where not being into HS football is acceptable.

I set two TVs up in the living room. One TV for college football (can't miss The Game) and one with the state final games. Usually am on my couch from 10:00am - 10:00pm...although in recent years, I've taken breaks for husband duties and such. She is understanding though...and even prepares wings and dips. Will have a couple friends over as well with whiskey to be shared.

When the Dons make it, we will ditch this tradition and take a trip to UofI/NIU.

Reactions: eireog
@PowerI66

Okay here’s a hypothetical. It’s playoff weekend, the tv is on, and your firmly planted in your chair watching game 1. Your fiancé walks in wearing nothing but a smile, do you continue with the game or retire to a more appropriate location? The catch, you can not return to watch any of the games afterwards, not even if they are recorded.

Hypothetically I'd run out for an early coffee and meet my girlfriend, then pass on the fiance later.

Reactions: Blue Ruin
I set two TVs up in the living room. One TV for college football (can't miss The Game) and one with the state final games. Usually am on my couch from 10:00am - 10:00pm...although in recent years, I've taken breaks for husband duties and such. She is understanding though...and even prepares wings and dips. Will have a couple friends over as well with whiskey to be shared.

When the Dons make it, we will ditch this tradition and take a trip to UofI/NIU.
There was one. You might be too young but it didn’t turn out well. It was a great run nonetheless.

Reactions: ESCC fan
@PowerI66

If Loyola were playing I would tell her I have ED. Any other game playing and I’m showered and asleep in 2.5 minutes.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT