ADVERTISEMENT

How do you watch the state finals?

PowerI66

Oct 11, 2012
With all the debate on the actual games, what is your tradition for watching the games?

Personally, my family wakes up early and gets a Christmas tree early Friday. Then we get back in time to start watching the lower classes. I make a ham or turkey leftover sandwich, grab a beer, and sit down with my dad to watch the games. It's honestly one of my favorite memories of the season, especially as I grow older and start to build my future family (my wife is not too keen on this tradition).

With all the debate on the actual games, what is your tradition for watching the games?

Personally, my family wakes up early and gets a Christmas tree early Friday. Then we get back in time to start watching the lower classes. I make a ham or turkey leftover sandwich, grab a beer, and sit down with my dad to watch the games. It's honestly one of my favorite memories of the season, especially as I grow older and start to build my future family (my wife is not too keen on this tradition).

Maybe it’s not my business but... I’d get rid of her and only replace her if you know the next one is a better woman. Sounds like maybe you still don’t have any kids; if that’s the case I’d make the move while you still can.

Reactions: Gene K.
I put it on the TV and leave it on all day while I’m doing stuff around the house I don’t really sit down and watch the games but I do watch them.

If WWS plays I go to the game but its been a few years so I forget the route to the stadium by now.

For the first time since I can remember, I’m almost 40, I will not be at home watching the games. I don’t think I’ve missed the championship games since around 94. I first started watching when providence was in the midst of their glory years with a rb named Louis Medina.

I will be in Florida so I will probably be streaming them from my in laws house or I will be at the pool watching with a beverage in hand. I actually had to put up my Xmas lights today. I usually put them up at half time of all of the games starting on Friday.

For the first time since I can remember, I’m almost 40, I will not be at home watching the games. I don’t think I’ve missed the championship games since around 94. I first started watching when providence was in the midst of their glory years with a rb named Louis Medina.

I will be in Florida so I will probably be streaming them from my in laws house or I will be at the pool watching with a beverage in hand. I actually had to put up my Xmas lights today. I usually put them up at half time of all of the games starting on Friday.
Hah! Usually helping my parents bring in their lights and decorations up from the crawlspace during halftime and commercials. I like your version better.

It sounds kinda silly but I look forward to the small class finals as much as the big classes - except this year of course.

This board doesn’t talk much about the smaller schools so it’s kinda cool to see Lena Winslow or Byron or RICHMOND Burton play

It sounds kinda silly but I look forward to the small class finals as much as the big classes - except this year of course.

This board doesn’t talk much about the smaller schools so it’s kinda cool to see Lena Winslow or Byron or RICHMOND Burton play
But should I "get rid of" my wife for not liking high school football? ;)

Hey Next, pretty crazy that this Senior group of players for P.R. and Warren are fulfilling their Destinies after playing each other in the TCYFL Super Bowl as 8th graders! Special group of kids for each School!

Hey Next, pretty crazy that this Senior group of players for P.R. and Warren are fulfilling their Destinies after playing each other in the TCYFL Super Bowl as 8th graders! Special group of kids for each School!

Yah was thinking about that last night. It’s a great group at PR and a couple of our guys last night asked how they did. I’ll be cheering for them Saturday.

This has been a more fun tradition than the handful of years before that. Let’s keep this current tradition going.
Big offseason for Naz to keep the tradition going. Would seem to be the ideal time to find JJ's replacement. Bring him in. Groom him for a year, then take over in 2021. Unless they go the transfer route after the 2020 season.

Big offseason for Naz to keep the tradition going. Would seem to be the ideal time to find JJ's replacement. Bring him in. Groom him for a year, then take over in 2021. Unless they go the transfer route after the 2020 season.
Good point JCA have any Qb’s that don’t want to hand it off anymore? :D

Exactly what we do! Mine either, but she was at the 8A finals regardless of location or weather in 2011, 13, 15, 16, 17 and 18. What a trooper!

Usually with the sound off. I end up getting annoyed by one of more of the play-by-play announcers, color commentators, sideline personalities or studio hosts/hostesses fairly early in the going.

Last edited:
Except for the 3 I officiated, I sit at home and watch. A couple years I reffed a girls varsity basketball game early Friday so I missed the 1 and 2 A games.

Reactions: PowerI66

I love Friday just as much as Saturday if not more. The thing I like about the smaller teams is the deep sense of community. It seems like everybody knows everybody and they genuinely enjoy seeing each other. A few years back, I sat next to a dad, his dad, and his dads dad who all attended the same high school as the son playing that day. All 3 were farmers, liked to talk fishing as well as football, and didn't ride the coaches or refs. Pleasant folks to be around. Friday just has a different feel than Saturday when you're there in person.

Perhaps I missed it, but everyone be advised - all the games are being televised on UTOOH Channel 230 on Comcast.

Reactions: Wassup13
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT