ADVERTISEMENT

How about some random thoughts........

Souc

Jul 11, 2001
I ran my first field last night (I did not do pairings).

This is such an inexact operation at this point, but I wanted to get a look at what some of the next few weeks might bring......

8A: The smallest 8A projected school is Maine South.
The other interesting thing is that the St. Louis based schools that seem to always end up in 7A are skewing towards 8A.

7A: As previously mentioned, there isn't a single St. Louis based school expected to fall in 7A. If this field holds, there is no earthly reason (other than the stupid rules) why this field shouldn't be 1-32. And the north/south bracket does not look balanced. Providence is also more than reasonably close to the Class 6A line, so the possibility can't be dismissed of them sliding down.

6A: The most fascinating thing for me here is the breakline between 5A/6A. Here's the deal. Teams below 160 are in 5A. Teams above it are 6A. 158. Sacred Heart Griffin, 159. Glenbard South, 160. Lincoln-Way West, 161. Nazareth, 162. Peoria Notre Dame, 163. Rich Central. Buckle up, this is going to be interesting.

5A: The construction of the bottom few teams here is much the story, but looking at it more carefully, I'm noticing that some of the teams that are usually bigger 4A teams are appearing to become smaller 5A teams.

4A: Lots of new names in here. Which usually means a lot of turnover (some of these upstarts don't tend to hold up).

3A: Bishop McNamara is currently the largest 3A team. Having seen them a few times, this is problem for 3A.

1A/2A: Not of lot of notable down here. Other than Polo clearly being a 1A powerhouse and Maroa-Forsyth skewing towards 1A.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News