ADVERTISEMENT

Homewood Flossmoor @ 'Brook

Cross Bones

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2001
Admittedly I haven't seen HF yet this season. All I know is they took a decisive loss to a solid NN and have pretty much handled everyone else (including the defending champs) except a tough Bradley who they beat by 3. Brook on the other hand is slightly above .500 and can't even beat Simeon or LWE. Plus it's Homecoming over on Raider Way. Could the emotional let down from last week, concerns about coach Ivlow, a DL that is getting pushed around, revenge minded improved Vikings, and homecoming lead to an overwhelming win for Flossmoor 🤔

Against Bradley, H-F had 2 first half chunk TDs of 80 and 90 yards, one run and one pass, by a RB and a WR, either of which will convert given open space. The H-F winning score came very late in Q4 on the strength of a 4th down pass interference (marginal) in the end zone that moved the chains. Bradley's 2 TDs came early in the first half off long pass plays created by some severely blown pass coverages. H-F went over 100 yards in penalties, maybe a half-dozen of the major variety.

@Cross Bones A little late this week. I thought maybe all your bags of sand had been shipped to Florida. Should be a great game.
Feeling lethargic after an emotional game/week last week. This is a trap week for us posters too. That being said I had to do discovery and determine whether we were actually the underdogs. Turns out we were, to my surprise so I had to whip something together.

I will take the Brook by 21
Maybe HF will surprise me since I haven’t seen them this year. Just going by who they played. I watched the Raiders last week and they are solid.

I am with you Corey. The Brook has too many weapons and I think if the O line can hold the blocks the RB’s of Bolingbrook will feast. Here is praying a Coach Ivlow happy moment after the victory game ball is delivered to him.

I am with you Corey. The Brook has too many weapons and I think if the O line can hold the blocks the RB’s of Bolingbrook will feast. Here is praying a Coach Ivlow happy moment after the victory game ball is delivered to him.
Yes
That will be a special moment. Just to much fire power on the Raiders offense and the defense is getting better each week.

Reactions: Gene K.
Gotta take the Vikings with everything going on. Not to mention the traveling Alec Anderson Memorial trophy being on the line.

Good luck Raiders! Show Cross Bones that he needs to believe in y’all! Brook by 10.

Nice win for the Bolingbrook Raiders. They do know how to score at will. H-F a solid test for the D of the Brook.

Smh the stream cut out when it was 36-36. Gonna have to do something about defense.

I am not sure anyone can stop BB's offense, but that defense is just not very good. If they fix this, they will be a tough out in the playoffs...actually a tough out anyway.

I am not sure anyone can stop BB's offense, but that defense is just not very good. If they fix this, they will be a tough out in the playoffs...actually a tough out anyway.
IMO there's two options and I like one more than the other. Find two of the biggest bodies on the roster that aren't already playing and plop them in the middle of the DL and move the current DT's to DE.

The other is rotate those WRs in at DB in key situations and put 7 in the box, no safety help. I like the CBs they're sophs and one already has like 5 or 6 picks, they have better days ahead. But we give up too many completions on 3rd and long.

We can't need help at both levels. Gotta choose one.

BB loaded the box in the second half against LWE. I think they had 9 in the box. This worked for a few series before East started pitching end runs. The defensive ends seemed vulnerable to being hooked.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT