ADVERTISEMENT

Hinsdale starting Freshman QB tonight

Not a smart move here. No chance he is ready and on top of that you are running him out there with a chance of injury to a kid that has a chance to help your program in the future. Doesn't sound like a good plan to me.

Reactions: Brin22
Not a smart move here. No chance he is ready and on top of that you are running him out there with a chance of injury to a kid that has a chance to help your program in the future. Doesn't sound like a good plan to me.
I guess there is no other good option. When two Varsity caliber QBs go down to injury, it becomes next man up. He's been the sophomore starting QB all season, so apparently the staff thinks he's ready.

Reactions: Gene K.
I get that the Staff thinks he's ready but you already made my point. That 2 other Varsity QB's have gotten hurt. That tells me there is a chance the Freshman who is probably less prepared than the other 2 guys could get hurt. I hope that doesn't happen and this kid is ready for the big time and plays great. Just wouldn't risk throwing him in there against York. Doesn't make sense. You are setting the kid up for failure and possible injury. I would think there is a senior RB/WR that could set up and be serviceable in the role. Let the freshmen lead the soph team and build his confidence and keep him healthy. Again I hope I am wrong and this kid is the real deal and ready.

The last rwo ESL qbs have started as Freshmen they have not sucked.
How would they have done if EStL didn’t have superior talent to 95% of the teams they play? It’s easy to put kids in when there is a huge take to gap but HC is the less talented team tonight so your comparison is useless.

Reactions: colin2229
After seeing him live in action tonight with a young OLine - I’m very excited for the next few years in Hinsdale. You wouldn’t have thought he is only a freshman, or that this was his first start. Pretty good job evading and running when he needed to, made some impressive throws, looked like a Varsity player. Made some mistakes that I’m sure he’ll learn from.

Good for this young man holding his own, but on the original post that had his Twitter link, I saw 5’11 and 168lbs. That isn’t tiny, but don’t think that throwing him out there against York was smart. Agree with getting a senior WR/RB out there for this week with this young man practicing with Varsity all week and let him get his first start against Proviso West next week before shutting him down against Glenbard West. HC needed 2 out 3 wins to get to 5 wins with York and GBW still left, and even if this Frosh gives you the best shot to win, it’s a longshot and should protect an asset like that, as unfair as it is to the seniors

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT