ADVERTISEMENT

Hilltoppers 41 Benet 0 Q4 9:50 nm

JCA looks pretty good so far (knock on wood) and the defense is playing really well. Rain is definitely a factor.

Reactions: USD24
This is the kind of inspired play I was hoping for last week, better late than never.
The result last week didn’t even bother me. I saw the one thing I had been waiting for all season, disruption from the defensive front. And it’s continuing today. The playoff run will go as the front four go. If they play like they have the last two weeks, they will go far. If they don’t, they will lose early. The outcome of the game against rice doesn’t matter. The d line improving does.

and it’s nice to see the offense evolve into a grigsby and bonsu show, which is what it needs to be.

The result last week didn’t even bother me. I saw the one thing I had been waiting for all season, disruption from the defensive front. And it’s continuing today. The playoff run will go as the front four go. If they play like they have the last two weeks, they will go far. If they don’t, they will lose early. The outcome of the game against rice doesn’t matter. The d line improving does.

and it’s nice to see the offense evolve into a grigsby and bonsu show, which is what it needs to be.
Yes I love to see that.

Most compete game of the year for the Hilltoppers. Hunter Powell was a huge force this evening. The backs did what they do best—pound and slash. Defense was amazing. Front 4 and pass defense were great! Perfect time to be jelling. Let’s keep it going next week!

Reactions: Gene K.
Most compete game of the year for the Hilltoppers. Hunter Powell was a huge force this evening. The backs did what they do best—pound and slash. Defense was amazing. Front 4 and pass defense were great! Perfect time to be jelling. Let’s keep it going next week!
And the Soph Rause (??? spelling) is playing really well at inside LB.

Junior running back H.J. Grigsby rushed for 130 yards & 2 TDs. Defense was outstanding. Limited Benet to 10 total yards of offense.
Hunter Powell ran well too. I think he had about 65 yards and 2 TD's in the 1st half before going out with what looked like a minor leg injury. Enjoyed watching him run. They went old school in the rain and ran the 235 lb. Powell right at the defense. He was running people over. I like how versatile the offense is under Jaws. It was a tough night to throw, but they had some success in the passing game. Also, they'll run out of the double wing, power I and shotgun. They seem to go with whatever works. Grigsby has had a lot of success running out of the shotgun.

Reactions: USD24
If this is the team that shows up the rest of the year, they can match up with anyone. 4A may end up being the most interesting class of the 8.
Indeed the Hill played very well. Sometimes you just match up well with a team.

If this is the team that shows up the rest of the year, they can match up with anyone. 4A may end up being the most interesting class of the 8.
Absolutely. The defensive line was kind of lost in the shuffle for 6 weeks but has really showed well the last two weeks. If they play like that, along with the improvement from the back 7 we have seen, they can play with anyone. They are finally playing fast.

and the offense seems to be figuring out where to butter its bread by finding differing ways to Include bonsu and making grigsby the feature back.

and yes, I agree entirely that 4A will be the most interesting playoff field.

Absolutely. The defensive line was kind of lost in the shuffle for 6 weeks but has really showed well the last two weeks. If they play like that, along with the improvement from the back 7 we have seen, they can play with anyone. They are finally playing fast.

and the offense seems to be figuring out where to butter its bread by finding differing ways to Include bonsu and making grigsby the feature back.

and yes, I agree entirely that 4A will be the most interesting playoff field.
The O-Line remains comparatively slow when measured against the program's dominate teams.
There is nothing wrong with that as it is just what it is.
It is a factor in that some of the traditional plays just are not there for this squad.
The brighter side of it is the versatility Jaws has instituted opens new areas of opportunity instead of stubbornly trying to make something that just isn't there work because on paper it should work..

Junior running back H.J. Grigsby rushed for 130 yards & 2 TDs. Defense was outstanding. Limited Benet to 10 total yards of offense.
Cool. Saw the other posts and Bonsu and Powell were mentioned also. Stout November trio right there.

Where have Benet's RBs been. Looks like that was a different kid out there yesterday.

Where have Benet's RBs been. Looks like that was a different kid out there yesterday.
Read the Herald News game recap that quoted the Benet coach. I'm guessing they have RB injuries:

“This was a rough one,” Benet coach Patrick New said. “We are pretty decimated by injuries, and this isn’t a team you want to play when you have guys out.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT