ADVERTISEMENT

Hillcrest 18 - StL 15 final

Marica, I can't tell you what to post, it's a free country and you do whatever the hell you want.

Did you see what Sterling did to Marian Catholic tonight? Same as Rita. The Rita begging "to differ on 5a being tough so far" stops now. The game's at Sterling and it might not go Rita's way. One never knows after a long two-hour drive what could happen.

I certainly hope the staff at Cascia is not underestimating 5A like you are.

Just to add to this post. Cascia could've petitioned up to 7A, make the playoffs and could've earned an easy route to the quarters or semi's. Well, that ain't the case here in 5A this year. Sterling has something to prove. Rita needs to be at her best to win. Nothing is ever damn easy.

Reactions: Gene K.
Marica, I can't tell you what to post, it's a free country and you do whatever the hell you want.

Did you see what Sterling did to Marian Catholic tonight? Same as Rita. The Rita begging "to differ on 5a being tough so far" stops now. The game's at Sterling and it might not go Rita's way. One never knows after a long two-hour drive what could happen.

I certainly hope the staff at Cascia is not underestimating 5a like you are.

I said so far as in game 1, which was a blow out, so yes after week 1 not too bad.
Trust me if rita gets stomped next week I will say they got stomped.
They lost to Montini 2 years in a row and split with catholic so of course I know there's tough teams in 5a.

I said so far as in game 1, which was a blow out, so yes after week 1 not too bad.
Trust me if rita gets stomped next week I will say they got stomped.
They lost to Montini 2 years in a row and split with catholic so of course I know there's tough teams in 5a.
I’ll be shocked if they get stomped. I think that’s going to be a dynamite game. I look forward to seeing it. Go Rita Go!!

The score doesn't reflect how one sided this game was. Some very big plays called back. StL had no answer for Irving. Gotta clean up those penalties or the Hawks will be done quick.
Three big plays called back on obvious penalties. Not even close to a one sided game.

Sterling 4 point dogs against Rita per calpreps. Game will be at Sterling I presume.

Three big plays called back on obvious penalties. Not even close to a one sided game.
I completely agree Igor - one-sided my ass - the St L defense hung tough and kept us in the game - a mere 18 pts they gave up. Two of the called-back TD's involved not a hold but rather a couple tackles of Viking defenders on the play. Hillcrest deserved the win but to say one-sided or dominated is completely non-sense. 66 yards away from a win we were - a mere 66 yards away from the winning TD or 46 yards away from a tying FG - sure, Hillcrest dominated.
#2 on Hillcrest was outstanding though.

Reactions: Gene K. and IgorStL
I only saw the end of the game.
If a D end gets mugged at the LOS, that helps get Irving in space. Don't get me wrong, in space, he was ridiculous. But if he gets sprung by a bad hold, that's not a TD called back. He never should have gotten in space in the first place.
StL had a wide open receiver on a well designed play in the 1st half that would have been an easy 6, QB missed him by 10 yards. StL fumbled on the Hillcrest 8 in the second half. To say this game was "dominanted" by Hillcrest is a joke. StL was very much in this game, and responded immediately when they went down 2 scores.

3 and out. Ballgame.
Igor - I just saw the highlights on High School Lights - they showed the final play - I could not tell from my vantage point if that would have been enough for a first down - the highlight shows A.W on the 36 (3 yards pass the sticks) when the ball slipped out of his hands - tough break - he was trying to turn it up the field before securing the ball. I'm proud of the Viking effort - they hung in there!

If a D end gets mugged at the LOS, that helps get Irving in space. Don't get me wrong, in space, he was ridiculous. But if he gets sprung by a bad hold, that's not a TD called back. He never should have gotten in space in the first place.
StL had a wide open receiver on a well designed play in the 1st half that would have been an easy 6, QB missed him by 10 yards. StL fumbled on the Hillcrest 8 in the second half. To say this game was "dominanted" by Hillcrest is a joke. StL was very much in this game, and responded immediately when they went down 2 scores.
Mugging the ends when you have a player like Irving is a great strategy. All you ask from the other side is to call it when it’s happening. Again I didn’t see the whole game but what I saw was two very talented teams. I didn’t see all the penalties.

No, but I’m not the one saying 5A is a breeze
nor am I... I think I said it’s gonna be a great game but I’m pulling for Rita. I do need to see a game at Sterling. Maybe it’ll be next week. How’s the pizza scene in Sterling?

No, but I’m not the one saying 5A is a breeze
Who said it was a breeze? This all started because of what I said. Problem is you didnt understand it. Using the words so far means what has happened referring to tonight, zero to do with next week. Since it was a very one sided game.
I'm sorry just to me it seemed very obvious what it meant.

Who said it was a breeze? This all started because of what I said. Problem is you didnt understand it. Using the words so far means what has happened referring to tonight, zero to do with next week. Since it was a very one sided game.
I'm sorry just to me it seemed very obvious what it meant.
Sorry, misunderstanding

Come to Sterling! It’s a great atmosphere and not too long of a drive! Angelos Pizza on East Lincolnway is addicting.
I’m hoping to be heading to Frankfort with a stop at the Maple Tree Inn in Blue Island next week. If my plans don’t come to fruition I may head to Sterling. I will be looking for my guy @RockSoup if I do though.

nor am I... I think I said it’s gonna be a great game but I’m pulling for Rita. I do need to see a game at Sterling. Maybe it’ll be next week. How’s the pizza scene in Sterling?

Depends on the scene you’re looking for.
Angelo’s - nice family spot, cold tall beers. They have some good pasta/sandwiches too for anyone looking for non-pizza.

Al & Leda’s - what is served at the games. Hole in the wall, probably my favorite place. Heads up, bathrooms do not smell the best.

Johnny’s - underrated. Clientele may be questionable though and service spotty. Not sure what type of oven they have if it’s a wood burning or what but it has the charred crust that’s good.

If you decide against pizza, head to Kelly’s. Irish pub with Mexican food (also good American bar food/burgers).

I’m hoping to be heading to Frankfort with a stop at the Maple Tree Inn in Blue Island next week. If my plans don’t come to fruition I may head to Sterling. I will be looking for my guy @RockSoup if I do though.
Just started a thread for the game so we can give the StL v Hillcrest game their thread back. Yeah, hitch a ride with me, it’s going to be a great game.

Depends on the scene you’re looking for.
Angelo’s - nice family spot, cold tall beers. They have some good pasta/sandwiches too for anyone looking for non-pizza.

Al & Leda’s - what is served at the games. Hole in the wall, probably my favorite place. Heads up, bathrooms do not smell the best.

Johnny’s - underrated. Clientele may be questionable though and service spotty. Not sure what type of oven they have if it’s a wood burning or what but it has the charred crust that’s good.

If you decide against pizza, head to Kelly’s. Irish pub with Mexican food (also good American bar food/burgers).
all sounds good but Kelly’s seems very conflicted... I’m gonna pass on that joint.

Reactions: Sterling Warrior
Did I hear 209 yards on the ground for Irving? Stud.
We saw our share of good running backs this year, but he was a different animal. Leaps and bounds better than Shaw, who is pretty damn good himself.

Igor - I just saw the highlights on High School Lights - they showed the final play - I could not tell from my vantage point if that would have been enough for a first down - the highlight shows A.W on the 36 (3 yards pass the sticks) when the ball slipped out of his hands - tough break - he was trying to turn it up the field before securing the ball. I'm proud of the Viking effort - they hung in there!
Yeah, it definitely would have been a first down. He's a great kid, and an awesome CB, too.

Reactions: Gene K. and eireog
The better team advances...
I'm not saying it didn't. Hillcrest absolutely deserved to move on. But some jackhole calling it a "dominant" game? A 3 point game in which the losing team had the ball with over a minute left? Gimme a break.

I hate these matchups.Love St Laurence & all my ex Illini 8/Sica teams I include The Non Sica Lincoln Ways & Lemont In on that too

Reactions: tmjgrady
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT