ADVERTISEMENT

High School Transfers

corey90

Aug 27, 2005
Crown Point, IN
Edgy,
I would love to hear your take on players transferring. It seems to be happening at an unprecedented rate.
•Do you think it’s a good at the HS level.
•Should their be boundaries on the Transfer. Example the player must be from out off state?
•Should the player have to wait a year?
•Do feel that transfers give a school an advantage?
I will follow up that I really don’t have a strong opinion one way or the other. Just thought you being the expert with HS football and would like to hear your take on the questions.

We’re getting closers to the start of the season! 👏

Edgy,
I would love to hear your take on players transferring. It seems to be happening at an unprecedented rate.
•Do you think it’s a good at the HS level.
•Should their be boundaries on the Transfer. Example the player must be from out off state?
•Should the player have to wait a year?
•Do feel that transfers give a school an advantage?
I will follow up that I really don’t have a strong opinion one way or the other. Just thought you being the expert with HS football and would like to hear your take on the questions.

We’re getting closers to the start of the season! 👏
1. I really have no feeling/opinion one way or the other...but everyone should have the freedom to move/relocate anywhere they want.
2. No.... divorce and various other family issues make this impossible and the lawyers would also have a field day
3. No.
4. Advantage? Sure but ironically I've seen in influx of transfer fail more often than not.

1. I really have no feeling/opinion one way or the other...but everyone should have the freedom to move/relocate anywhere they want.
2. No.... divorce and various other family issues make this impossible and the lawyers would also have a field day
3. No.
4. Advantage? Sure but ironically I've seen in influx of transfer fail more often than not.
Thanks Edgy.
I have to agree with you on just about everything except that when it comes to athletics I think transfers are happening more now than ever. Divorce is most likely a small portion of the transfers. My opinion is parents are trying to get their kids looks from college coaches. Playing on a winning program/ team will get them more looks. I agree in most cases one player won’t make a team but several good transfers could. That said it’s the times we live in and everything seems to get taken up 10 fold. Heck 20 years ago who would of predicted college players would be paid. HS players next? Crazy times. Hang in their sir I know it’s not easy keeping the board afloat. Hopefully the season gets going and posters behave.
Thanks for your reply it’s always insightful.

Reactions: chakazulu89
Not that you want my opinion but, kids can transfer all they want if its within the rules. But, as we know schools and kids (well the parents) push the envelope and when get caught play the victims. Its even as bad a some parents faking divorces now.

shhhh don't talk about it because this particular school's coaches are friends with the people WHO CAN make a difference but choose to be an ostrich.

Reactions: missingwalter
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT