ADVERTISEMENT

High School Football Royalty and some other schools

I posed a simple comparison and you refused to take a gander at it.

Batavia winning doesn’t hurt any part of me.

I honestly don’t get why you have such an issue with answering the l question pertaining to which school should be considered IHSA royalty.

This ain’t rocket science, Bert.
Because you aren't addressing me by my name.

• Haha
Reactions: NapervilleBuck
This board is more and more confusing to me the more I am on it. Batavia is NOT royalty but they have consistently dominated two conferences, one which is universally considered really strong in 7A? They've won 86% of their games over the last 13 years and won 2 state titles, and going to a third one this weekend. We can argue "historically" but as has been pointed out multiple times, things change! Look at PR/CG/Naz...all recently very strong. History changes.

I guess I would say that Batavia is to high school football royalty as Meaghan Markle is to real royalty. Kinda hanging out in the back making noise, but not really there.
I mean we can try to get all weird and semantical about what constitutes royalty and totally miss the spirit of the post, sure.

Also, this thing got derailed so fast I didn’t even get to ask if Naz or at least it’s insane Posse would be considered as the royal jester at the very least.

Reactions: crusader_of_90
Hey! Can a team started in 2001, who had no senior class that year, who has made the playoffs every single year be considered for at least a ride in the chariot of flowers? I guess we have to ask All4theillini for a blessing? Please can Lincoln-Way East be a member? Or do we need to wait another 25 years to talk with Royalty? EpicBret can you put in a good word for us with All4??

Hey! Can a team started in 2001, who had no senior class that year, who has made the playoffs every single year be considered for at least a ride in the chariot of flowers? I guess we have to ask All4theillini for a blessing? Please can Lincoln-Way East be a member? Or do we need to wait another 25 years to talk with Royalty? EpicBret can you put in a good word for us with All4??
Much the same at PR. Most of the “Royalty “ had won multiple championships before LWE and PR existed.

Reactions: WIU78
Curious to hear thoughts on the criteria for “royalty.”
I was just thinking of a related topic. Been talking with a *still sort of disappointed* Reed-Custer friend and I was wondering the feasibility of an upstart program becoming a perennial playoff team. Obviously many here are fans of larger suburban schools and private schools, so some of the logistics are different than the situation in Braidwood.
Sure it is. Rochester did not even play football until the 1996 season.

Reactions: rocketnation
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT