ADVERTISEMENT

Hats off to the Media!!!

RockSoup

Gold Member
Oct 1, 2009
The HS coverage last night was phenomenal under the conditions. @Quags57 , Vorva, Millar, Tim O’Brien, Michael O’Brien, Clark, @EdgyTim , the photographers really knocked it out of the park.

I always said if the locals would focus and fund HS sports coverage, their readership could gain a little bit in such a disrupted industry. Subscriptions are tough to come by and any strategy isn’t going to turn them back to the only news consumed, but there is a niche market for coverage on the local kids and their athletic exploits.

I put my money where my mouth is and subscribed to two papers for the 1st time in 8 years this week. Well done prep reporters.

The HS coverage last night was phenomenal under the conditions. @Quags57 , Vorva, Millar, Tim O’Brien, Michael O’Brien, Clark, @EdgyTim , the photographers really knocked it out of the park.

I always said if the locals would focus and fund HS sports coverage, their readership could gain a little bit in such a disrupted industry. Subscriptions are tough to come by and any strategy isn’t going to turn them back to the only news consumed, but there is a niche market for coverage on the local kids and their athletic exploits.

I put my money where my mouth is and subscribed to two papers for the 1st time in 8 years this week. Well done prep reporters.
Same. Shaw Media and Daily Herald both grabbed subs from me.

Last edited:
Reactions: RockSoup

I know we appreciate that so much.

I did three games this weekend, twice driving to the City. And I live in the far NW burbs.

Friday was a huge challenge for myself, Mike O'Brien, Tim O'Brien and Jeff Vorva were at Rita. There were also photogs who were there as well.

We couldn't get into the press box because of its size. Somebody will have to let me know why it called a "press box"? Dry notes are a key for us.

I found myself on the Rolling Meadows sideline and they had a tent up. When you are 64, you learn to work smarter and not harder. So I found myself under the tent, thanks to the kindness of the Meadows' people. I invited the other scribes to join me, but they decided to battle the rain.

I have a blast when I get to cover football. Love the players, the coaches and the passion of the fans.

I also know that all of us hope that you all enjoy what we write.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT