ADVERTISEMENT

Happy Fourth!

Reactions: ignazio
I would say the majority of people in my generation do know this. But, I seriously doubt a majority of young people today do. Today, this knowledge would most likely have to come from parents to kids. Because it isn't being taught in many, if not most public schools.

I am willing to bet that most people in your generation have no idea who William Ellery or Carter Braxton are, let alone their fate after signing the Declaration of Independence. Moreover, not all the information presented is correct. The author didn't even spell Thomas McKean's name correctly:

How Accurate Is 'The Price They Paid' Essay?

Last edited:
Reactions: crusader_of_90
I am willing to bet that most people in your generation have no idea who William Ellery or Carter Braxton are, let alone their fate after signing the Declaration of Independence. Moreover, not all the information presented is correct. The author didn't even spell Thomas McKean's name correctly:

SNOPES BABY. Consider your fact CHECKED.

Do you remember every single thing you were taught as a youth? I didn't think so. No one does. But I will guarantee this issue was covered when I was in grade school and I am sure it got more than a mention in my HS US history class. Now. I would bet it isn't even taught. That is my point.

As long as we're asking questions do you know who Anthony Johnson was? There is some debate about his history. But I know who he was. I will absolutely guarantee his history isn't taught in public schools.

• Wow
Reactions: CatholicHigh41
So are you refuting the information presented by Snopes? Would you prefer another source, like USA Today?

Never heard of this 'USA TODAY'. Sounds like click bait fake news Mr. Ambrose. Sir, the SNOPES article is the actual source in the entire 'USA TODAY' article.

• Angry
Reactions: gobears25
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT