ADVERTISEMENT

GBW at Marist

BornNRazed

Gold Member
Aug 22, 2018
GBW 27-21

Hitters started hot and marist creeping back. Marist too many penalties. Feels like the Maine South playoff game. Marist starting slow but a lot of speed

Reactions: Bulldog 3
Glenbard West wins 33-31

Marist attempted another FG with 5 seconds left, but was unsuccessful. Might have been partially blocked.

Reactions: Bulldog 3
Sorry had to leave the game in fourth. Felt like a typical marist game. Start slow dig a hole climb into it. Bust ass to get out of said hole only to fall short. Too much talent IMO. Hats off to both teams for scheduling this game. GBW is well coached solid squad.

Both QBs had troubles on their passing touch. Overall both defenses are spotty. Marist had 1st and goal from 5 and ended up having to settle for a 38 yard fg attempt which missed.

Would be a nice rematch - however unless Marist D gets act together might be a quick exit from playoffs. MC may put 42 on them

Reactions: ckclassof2000
Got to see the game with DOS... had a blast. Very entertaining game. GBW jumped out to a 21-0 1st quarter lead. Marist eventually got their offense rolling and outplayed GBW the rest of the way but came up a bit short. Impressed with both teams (several studs on both sides). Ryan Sims is a load for Marist. Both teams with excellent kickers. Marist will probably finish 6-3 and be a nightmare 1st round opponent for someone. I think GBW has an excellent chance to run the table (conference foe Hinsdale Central did not look good Friday). Baked in the sun, freakin hot out there. Players were cramping up big time.

Got to see the game with DOS... had a blast. Very entertaining game. GBW jumped out to a 21-0 1st quarter lead. Marist eventually got their offense rolling and outplayed GBW the rest of the way but came up a bit short. Impressed with both teams (several studs on both sides). Ryan Sims is a load for Marist. Both teams with excellent kickers. Marist will probably finish 6-3 and be a nightmare 1st round opponent for someone. I think GBW has an excellent chance to run the table (conference foe Hinsdale Central did not look good Friday). Baked in the sun, freakin hot out there. Players were cramping up big time.
Dean - where's your write up on game? Marist give MC a close one?

Dean - where's your write up on game? Marist give MC a close one?
Dean has his hands full these days but... he thinks this year's MC team could potentially be MC's best team ever. Also thinks top RB could be best ever. All players now are Lynch recruits.

Reactions: Gene K.
I will say the ingredients are there for this to turn out to MC’s best team. Long haul to go though. A couple of teams that I have at the top -’96 and ’90 -it took last second FG’s to beat LA. So they definitely will be tested. Marist looked good after the first 2 turnovers. The QB really settled down. So that will be an interesting test in week 4 for MC. I think as long as MC gets to 7A final, they will be 8A in 2023. I thought I had this stuff all figured out though and then the IHSA counted 2021 Spring as having playoffs so who knows.

Reactions: RockSoup
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT