ADVERTISEMENT

First Draft: 2022 EDGYTIM Preseason Chicagoland Top 30

EdgyTim

Staff
May 29, 2001
Channahon Illinois
Go ahead and fire away. This is truly a first draft a lot can and will change over the next few hours days etc.

2022 Preseason Chicagoland Top 30

1. LW East
2. Mount Carmel
3. Loyola
4. Batavia
5. Maine South
6. Glenbard West
7. Warren
8. Neuqua Valley
9. Marist
10. Bolingbrook
11. York
12. JCA
13. St Rita
14. Naper N
15. Cary Grove
16. St Ignatius
17. Kankakee
18. Brother Rice
19. Nazareth
20. Lockport
21. Lemont
22.. Hins Cent
23. Prospect
24. Palatine
25. Willowbrook
26. Crete-Monee
27. St Francis
28. Kenwood
29. Jacobs/PR (admittedly I have no feel right now for the FVC)
30. Richmond Burton

Others (in no order) ICCP/South Elgin/Glenbard South/Wilmington/Fenwick/Simeon/Morgan Park/Oswego/Yorkville/St. Patrick/Deerfield/Naper C/Morris/Sycamore/Graysslake Central

Reactions: crusader_of_90
Don't see Lockport anywhere. Defending Champs with a really good Jr class coming up.

I seriously respect everything Cary Grove has done over the last decade or so, but that is a hell of alot of graduations to overcome and still hold a 15 ranking. Aren't they only returning like 3 or 4 starters? I know the "program" argument and they will undoubtedly be good, but 15th in all Chicagoland seems a big reach.

I seriously respect everything Cary Grove has done over the last decade or so, but that is a hell of alot of graduations to overcome and still hold a 15 ranking. Aren't they only returning like 3 or 4 starters? I know the "program" argument and they will undoubtedly be good, but 15th in all Chicagoland seems a big reach.
Yep 100 percent my struggle as well....Program versus returning starters etc. yet the program always seems to find a way....PR also isn't exactly what I would call stacked this season....and that's why I'm still very up in the air and also throwing a very good Jacobs team in the mix. Again this is a preseason poll and the goal is to be as good as I can with literally zero track record....someone from the FVC will be Top 10-20 worthy is my approach

How is Glenard West and York so high in the list and Hinsdale Central, who beat both of them last season, so much lower?

🎢 well positioned ... they have a heavy front end schedule. Having an experienced O-Line & QB back will be beneficial. The defense will be one of the best in state again. Six flags is open !

Yep 100 percent my struggle as well....Program versus returning starters etc. yet the program always seems to find a way....PR also isn't exactly what I would call stacked this season....and that's why I'm still very up in the air and also throwing a very good Jacobs team in the mix. Again this is a preseason poll and the goal is to be as good as I can with literally zero track record....someone from the FVC will be Top 10-20 worthy is my approach
I'm a CG Guy, but IMHO Jacobs has to the be the favorite in the FVC with what they have returning. Besides ESL, they were the only team that challenged CG at all last year.

This years seniors may not have the talent level of last years, but I know this, they find a way to win. And don't discount the fact that CG's backups played often as much as the starters last year, even into the playoffs. They are not inexperienced.

Remember last year, FVC had 4 teams in the quarters between 6A & 7A,

At the end of the day, until they strap em on for the season, it is anyone's guess, and that is all preseason pols are, just an educated guess.

How is Glenard West and York so high in the list and Hinsdale Central, who beat both of them last season, so much lower?
I would guess HC’s low ranking comes from the graduation of some really impactful players (Allison, Skokna, Little, McCurry, Narcise) and the realities unknown of the Jrs coming up. I am somewhat baffled at York’s low ranking, as they were really good last year, beat GW at Duchon, and are backfilling with a junior class that was really good as Sophomores. GW was uninspiring last year, in my opinion - and I’m not sure they are elevating much.

Of the three, I’d rank them York, HC, GW as of right now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT