ADVERTISEMENT

Fenwick vs Iggy

wheres the game and when is it? anyones thoughts?
Good game. Iggys D may be the difference. Interesting year with maybe the CCL winner being the underdog in the prep bowl. And that's no shot at Fenwick or Iggy since they are quality programs with their best days ahead of them, but more of a tip of the cap to the teams left in the CPS playoffs (curie, Simeon, solario). Good football left for both leagues.

It’s basketball season at Fenwick.
Then go to a basketball board. I like football players and tradition and people that respect the two. Even though it was a statement trying to be cute, I respect the Football player that goes out to practice in the colder months, the sophomore trying to get better, the junior trying to get tape going, and the senior that gets one last chance to strap it on with the guys he's been playing the past 4 years with. They could do without the 50somethings on a message board dismissing their efforts

Then go to a basketball board. I like football players and tradition and people that respect the two. Even though it was a statement trying to be cute, I respect the Football player that goes out to practice in the colder months, the sophomore trying to get better, the junior trying to get tape going, and the senior that gets one last chance to strap it on with the guys he's been playing the past 4 years with. They could do without the 50somethings on a message board dismissing their efforts
I’ll respond however I want. My opinion may differ from yours, get over it. The prep bowl is a joke. The Fenwick kids could care less. The community (kids included) would rather turn the page to basketball. The season officially starts tomorrow and we have a lot of dual sport athletes. So I’m sorry my opinion and many of theirs doesn’t fall in line with what you like but that’s no more relevant than what I like. The boys had a good season, in many ways they exceeded expectations for themselves. They got beat by a better team in the playoffs and now it’s time to try and push for a state championship in other sports. Kids do not care about prep bowl championships, it’s equivalent to winning a consolation trophy.

Good game. Iggys D may be the difference. Interesting year with maybe the CCL winner being the underdog in the prep bowl. And that's no shot at Fenwick or Iggy since they are quality programs with their best days ahead of them, but more of a tip of the cap to the teams left in the CPS playoffs (curie, Simeon, solario). Good football left for both leagues.
Don't forget Hubbard

I’ll respond however I want. My opinion may differ from yours, get over it. The prep bowl is a joke. The Fenwick kids could care less. The community (kids included) would rather turn the page to basketball. The season officially starts tomorrow and we have a lot of dual sport athletes. So I’m sorry my opinion and many of theirs doesn’t fall in line with what you like but that’s no more relevant than what I like. The boys had a good season, in many ways they exceeded expectations for themselves. They got beat by a better team in the playoffs and now it’s time to try and push for a state championship in other sports. Kids do not care about prep bowl championships, it’s equivalent to winning a consolation trophy.
I love the Prep Bowl and since I don't wish to get flushed off this board I won't say a thing.I'm as passionate about the Prep Bowl just a shade less than I am about my police, military and flag.So much so I can watching that garbage over 2 years ago in protest as well as not supporting anyone who sponsors them

Reactions: Gene K.
Is Chicago Hope Academy not playing? I think a good will gesture home game vs Marmion would be great!!!

Is Chicago Hope Academy not playing? I think a good will gesture home game vs Marmion would be great!!!
Don't know, need Stella or Hrc to chime in since they've had the best input. CCLs site master schedule not updated yet either so probably tomorrow. Agree with you on previous post too, it says more about the previous generation's attitude than the current generation's attitude.

Reactions: superac777
I love the Prep Bowl and since I don't wish to get flushed off this board I won't say a thing.I'm as passionate about the Prep Bowl just a shade less than I am about my police, military and flag.So much so I can watching that garbage over 2 years ago in protest as well as not supporting anyone who sponsors them
It won’t be around much longer so enjoy it while you can.

If they get rid of it the CPS will let everyone be eligible meaning even more 60-0 blowouts first round
Teams will be opting out at an alarming rate soon, mark my words. CPS thinks they can strong arm IHSA, let them try. 512 teams will make the playoffs soon anyways.

It won’t be around much longer so enjoy it while you can.
Just remember to you haters of the Prep Bowl out there and get ready to throw your tantrums.If the Prep Bowl is eliminated EVERY I mean EVERY CPS team will be deemed eligible for the State Playoffs including ALL Chicago & Intra City Conference Schools.Worked a double today so too tired to do it again but that would knock out many 5-4 teams who got in.

Wth I'll do it anyway.With no Prep Bowl all CPS teams eligible(Per head of CPS Football) these get in:North Lawndale,Collins,Phoenix,Amundsen,Von Steuben,Catalyst Maria,Fenger,Crane,Noble Comer,Noble ITW Speer,Noble Bulls,Noble DRW Trading,Noble Rauner,Noble Muchin,CICS Quest(despite the rest of their conference dropping football),Noble Johnson.16 additional teams

No Prep Bowl these teams would have NOT got in
Belvidere (North) 5 4 40 14
Machesney Park (Harlem) 5 4 40 14
Lake Forest (H.S.) 5 4 40 14
Arlington Heights (St. Viator) 5 4 40 14
Chicago (Morgan Park) 5 4 40 13
Quincy (Notre Dame) 5 4 40 13
Joliet (West) 5 4 40 11
Crystal Lake (Central) 5 4 40 11
Glenview (Glenbrook South) 5 4 40 11
Fairbury (Prairie Central) 5 4 40 10
Chester 5 4 40 10
Auburn 5 4 40 10
Springfield (H.S.) 5 4 40 10
Orangeville 5 4 39 13
Toulon (Stark County) 5 4 39 12
Darien (Hinsdale South) 5 4 39 12

This ironically would be the last team in:
Chicago (Urban Prep/Englewood) 5 4 40 17 Belvidere North the first out

Chicago Hope Academy had a pretty good year.Not right they didn’t get in the Prep Bowl & at home yet.Iggy would have played there probably Fenwick & no doubt Marmion too

After all that happened to them I’m shocked.It could have been something special.I’d want to play all I could

Since Hope Academy seen it had NO hope to beat Fenwick they quit just like St Francis and Bishop Mac

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT