ADVERTISEMENT

Fenwick 28 Nazareth 17 Final

Fenwick had a great game plan to keep Naz in check starting with kick offs and keeping the ball away from Harris. Looking back I am surprised more teams didn't do what Fenwick did today.

Congratulations to the Friars. Also congratulations to Naz, a young team and considering the start of their season, surprised a lot of people.

I’m not quite sure what Edgy will do In 5a since he fell in love with NAZ before playoffs. Even though Fenwick was Sr dominated and went down to losing to Loyola in last second he felt that NAZ somehow with their history and maybe his SIU connection with Racki, that NAZ was his team. Please don’t give us any love now. We don’t need it.

• Wow
Reactions: bend-the-knee
Fenwick had a great game plan to keep Naz in check starting with kick offs and keeping the ball away from Harris. Looking back I am surprised more teams didn't do what Fenwick did today.

Congratulations to the Friars. Also congratulations to Naz, a young team and considering the start of their season, surprised a lot of people.
What was their strategy on kicks?

Fenwick avoided kicking deep on the kickoffs to Harris or Taylor. Instead used medium kicks to the second level. Naz would start with the ball on like the 35-45 but Fenwick avoided Harris returning the kick for a TD.

Reactions: bronco man

Naz played extremely well and the future looks bright with plenty of starters returning. Evenly matched game until the pick six which turned out to be a back breaker.

I’m not quite sure what Edgy will do In 5a since he fell in love with NAZ before playoffs. Even though Fenwick was Sr dominated and went down to losing to Loyola in last second he felt that NAZ somehow with their history and maybe his SIU connection with Racki, that NAZ was his team. Please don’t give us any love now. We don’t need it.
I can delete you and then you get no love....also I'll remind you I said the winner of the Naz/Fenwick quarterfinal game would win 5A.....so yeah.

I can delete you and then you get no love....also I'll remind you I said the winner of the Naz/Fenwick quarterfinal game would win 5A.....so yeah.
You’ve shown Fenwick plenty of love this season and last season when we had our ups and downs and we appreciate it. Although you should’ve known this would be the Cobb revenge game against Naz for 2019.

Reactions: EdgyTim

Stay salty my friend.

Where can I find this game?

Keep the ball away from Harris, which was the key to the ball game. I am not taking anything away from Fenwick, they are a great ball team with a great QB. Fenwick had a great game plan, keep the ball away from the Naz playmakers. For Naz it was all downhill from there.

Seemed like Fenwick had the ball 75% of the game. Several empty red zone possessions kept the game close. Late personal foul on 4th down and the flurry of holding calls were Naz killers too.

Seemed like Fenwick had the ball 75% of the game. Several empty red zone possessions kept the game close. Late personal foul on 4th down and the flurry of holding calls were Naz killers too.
Can a ref here explain to me call on Cobb. He runs past the LOS about 5or 6 yards and throws the ball. The refs were adamant the penalty is from where he threw the ball and not the LOS. So they lost zero yards on the penalty. Just a down. Why isn't it 5 yards from LOS and loss of down.

Can a ref here explain to me call on Cobb. He runs past the LOS about 5or 6 yards and throws the ball. The refs were adamant the penalty is from where he threw the ball and not the LOS. So they lost zero yards on the penalty. Just a down. Why isn't it 5 yards from LOS and loss of down.
I thought this was a procedural penalty and therefore a spot from LOS for penalty? I’m confused too. @refref01 @ref2 @stripes13

They were wrong and wanted no part of being corrected
And people wonder why the fans are ornery at these games.

Nice season for Naz, the next few years will see some good battles with MCHS and the Roadrunners. It will also create a nice battle in your kitchen with the wife! 🤪

Hahahaha look at this guy

I thought this was a procedural penalty and therefore a spot from LOS for penalty? I’m confused too. @refref01 @ref2 @stripes13
Not quite sure what you are asking. Did we have an illegal forward pass from beyond the line of scrimmage?
If this is correct . It is a spot foul and a loss of down , unless after the penalty the line to gain is reached.

Didn't see the play so a little more info would help.

They were wrong and wanted no part of being corrected
Here’s where I get frustrated. If they enforced it from the spot if the foul, they enforced it correctly. If you don’t know the rule, that’s ok it’s not your job to, but don’t then act like you do and say they’re getting it wrong/choosing to get it wrong.
The enforcement for a forward pass beyond the LOS is from where he threw it. So if it was 5yds beyond then yes, no yardage lost, just a down. He’s awarded the yardage he earned before he fouled.

Reactions: William Foster
And people wonder why the fans are ornery at these games
Classic example of people being ornery at these games and not knowing what they’re talking about. It was enforced correctly. But I’m sure the loudmouths in the stands who don’t actually know the rule objected and got everyone worked up.
it falsely builds the narrative that the officials don’t know what they’re doing when in fact more times than not they do, and the people yelling likely don’t. I’m not denying that we don’t get things wrong and big mistakes haven’t been made. But you guys clearly don’t know this rule, but are still on here saying they got it wrong. When in doubt why not just ask?

Classic example of people being ornery at these games and not knowing what they’re talking about. It was enforced correctly. But I’m sure the loudmouths in the stands who don’t actually know the rule objected and got everyone worked up.
it falsely builds the narrative that the officials don’t know what they’re doing when in fact more times than not they do, and the people yelling likely don’t. I’m not denying that we don’t get things wrong and big mistakes haven’t been made. But you guys clearly don’t know this rule, but are still on here saying they got it wrong. When in doubt why not just ask?
I did ask🤷‍♂️

Reactions: Wolffan64
I think the rule is enforced differently in the NFL. I suspect the NFL enforcement is what was expected by some.

Several times I’ve heard fans yelling that the officials forgot to stop the clock for the 2 minute warning 🤷🏻‍♂️

I think the rule is enforced differently in the NFL. I suspect the NFL enforcement is what was expected by some.

Several times I’ve heard fans yelling that the officials forgot to stop the clock for the 2 minute warning 🤷🏻‍♂️
I’ve heard this before, it always amazes me. 2 minute warning, 2 feet in for a catch and spot marking pass interference are the consistent calls that are clearly only for NFL.

Lol sorry you did exactly that. I appreciate that. It was more directed at the people who were just jumping to the assumption they were wrong
All good and a clear example of how deep the rule book is in football. Despite being a Naz guy, @godfthr53 is pretty knowledgeable 🤪 and it shows how despite some of us knowing a ton, we don’t know it all. Thanks for the clarification and info on the ruling.

All good and a clear example of how deep the rule book is in football. Despite being a Naz guy, @godfthr53 is pretty knowledgeable 🤪 and it shows how despite some of us knowing a ton, we don’t know it all. Thanks for the clarification and info on the ruling.
I simply asked how it makes sense to be a spot foul. To me it doesn't since most anytime it won't result in a 5 yard penalty

I simply asked how it makes sense to be a spot foul. To me it doesn't since most anytime it won't result in a 5 yard penalty
I get it, but the rule is spot foul 5 yards. Doesn’t make sense to me but it is what it is.

I get it, but the rule is spot foul 5 yards. Doesn’t make sense to me but it is what it is.
Spot foul makes sense to me. What if it was a failed lateral 30 yards down the field? If a QB already had 4, 5 yards and wants to yield that along with a loss of downs, okay.

Reactions: mchsalumni
Congrats to Fenwick on a well played game. I apparently brought bad luck as I arrived with Naz up 10-7.

Spot foul makes sense to me. What if it was a failed lateral 30 yards down the field? If a QB already had 4, 5 yards and wants to yield that along with a loss of downs, okay.
Well a lateral wouldn't be an illegal forward pass so....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT