ADVERTISEMENT

female wrestler from Richards HS

johnndoe

Oct 19, 2019
I accept that this is a football forum, but so many posters are "in the know," so I raise this question. Without violating any privacy, what happened to this well-know young lady who placed first at a 2A regional last weekend, but then did not appear in the subsequent individual sectional this weekend? I was getting ready to check her progress in this, her senior year, and she vanished from the state series rather abruptly.

According to track wrestling she didn’t compete in sectionals so she either didn’t make weight or got injured in practice this week. I can’t see her being the type to blow weight at a State sectional so I’m guessing injury or illness

According to track wrestling she didn’t compete in sectionals so she either didn’t make weight or got injured in practice this week. I can’t see her being the type to blow weight at a State sectional so I’m guessing injury or illness
She has had a couple injuries this year that she's been fighting through, as mentioned in this Sun Times article. This article was written right after the Regionals and it doesn't tell you what happened.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/high-s...umbo-has-eyes-on-state-finals-future-olympics

Illness, according to her grandparents.
But we all know the Wrestling-Industrial Complex could not allow this to happen.

Does anybody know when the (Individual) State 1st round matches start? I couldn't really translate the IHSA site for wrestling, but found a couple clues that the 1st round may start Thursday 2/20.

I can't remember how I found the brackets last year, whether it was the IHSA site or another link that one of the posters on here provided.

Anybody have a good (user friendly) link to the Wrestling brackets for the individual tournament?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT