ADVERTISEMENT

Feeto's Friday Upset Special.....

Ended 42 to 25. Hoffman RB ejected in 3q, and probably about 30 penalties throughout the game.
Hoffman is a team with a history of imploding due to penalties. I can remember my son Nathan's senior year - game was tied 14-14 early third quarter and HE picks off a Palatine pass and returns it to the Palatine 8 yard line - so it's first and goal at the 8 yard line. First play has a holding penalty taking it back to the 25 yard line - 1st and 25. Next play the sack the QB and an HE lineman takes offense to it and literally pulls the Palatine guy out of the pile and shoves him. The sack plus the unsportsmanlike puts the ball back at the 47 - so now it's 2nd and goal at the 47. Next play, another holding penalty - now ball is back in their own end of the field at their own 39 - so it's 2nd and goal still - with 61 yards needed for a score. Two more incompletes and they would up punting to Palatine after 1st and goal - and the thing is - this isn't the only time that kind of thing has happened.

Reactions: rocketnation
Hoffman is a team with a history of imploding due to penalties. I can remember my son Nathan's senior year - game was tied 14-14 early third quarter and HE picks off a Palatine pass and returns it to the Palatine 8 yard line - so it's first and goal at the 8 yard line. First play has a holding penalty taking it back to the 25 yard line - 1st and 25. Next play the sack the QB and an HE lineman takes offense to it and literally pulls the Palatine guy out of the pile and shoves him. The sack plus the unsportsmanlike puts the ball back at the 47 - so now it's 2nd and goal at the 47. Next play, another holding penalty - now ball is back in their own end of the field at their own 39 - so it's 2nd and goal still - with 61 yards needed for a score. Two more incompletes and they would up punting to Palatine after 1st and goal - and the thing is - this isn't the only time that kind of thing has happened.
I'm all too aware, unfortunately. That team has a ton of talent this year, and could do some good things in the playoffs if they cut down on the penalties

I'm all too aware, unfortunately. That team has a ton of talent this year, and could do some good things in the playoffs if they cut down on the penalties
So he is out against Palatine next week? The hehs rb?

Anyone know what happened to Plainfield North last night? Did they really lose by 30 to west aurora ?

After the rain stopped at halftime. Rita showed up. Total domination in 2nd half. Also, those Providence fans are very rude. Glad to have beat them a new one in the 2nd half.
All.... And don't leave your flag flying high when you go into the game. Still waiting on that reimbursement check. Haaaaaa. Ratsy

Great call! Argo won 32-29 to get their fifth win. Light on playoff points though and a tough matchup with Evergreen Park in the finale.
Thanks! I do no think they will get in because of their point situation. They would have to beat EP, like you said. I do not see that happening but at least they are giving themselves a chance in week 9.

The Benet Redwings over the Hilltoppers of Joliet Catholic. JCA is pretty banged up and has all the distractions of homecoming week. I just have a bad feeling about this game.
Thankfully, I had this one wrong. Everyone played and the Hilltoppers looked as good as they have all season. Maybe I will continue to pick against them:p

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT